Bracketology

Miami (20-8, 9-7 ACC)
(BPI: 34 | SOS: 57 | SOR: 25 | RPI: 28)

Bubble Watch wishes to strongly emphasize the "should be in" section title with regard to the Hurricanes. It would take an absolutely perfect alignment of sinister events to keep this team out of the tournament. Still, as a projected No. 9 seed about to play a road game at North Carolina, Miami will want to seize the opportunity to improve its bracket position.

The Hurricanes' other remaining game is at home against Virginia Tech. Hosting the Hokies isn't a Quadrant 1 opportunity, but beating an NCAA tournament-level opponent in your season finale never hurts.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...h022718/syracuse-orange-quit-life-edge-bubble

Advertisement
Beat UNC and we are in like Flint. Lose, then I'd say we pretty much have to beat VT or we are in trouble, and need a couple wins in the ACC Tourney.

I'm telling you, they aint taking 10 ACC teams. 8 at the most, and possibly even 6 or 7.

We are never going to get the benefit of doubt, and losing our last two to finish way back in the pack gives the committee all the excuse they need.

Beat UNC and we are in like Flint. Lose, then I'd say we pretty much have to beat VT or we are in trouble, and need a couple wins in the ACC Tourney.

I'm telling you, they aint taking 10 ACC teams. 8 at the most, and possibly even 6 or 7.

We are never going to get the benefit of doubt, and losing our last two to finish way back in the pack gives the committee all the excuse they need.
Is there any reason to think they will be biased against us? That line of thinking is becoming trite. If Bruce is said to be coming back for the tourney they will give us the benefit of the doubt.

No "signature" win. Tonight's the opportunity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes definitely root for Clemson to lose. NC State to lose. And Duke to beat UNC and we gotta beat VTech. Could finish as 3rd seed. How crazy would that be? With all we've gone through in the conference. Nuts.

Yes definitely root for Clemson to lose. NC State to lose. And Duke to beat UNC and we gotta beat VTech. Could finish as 3rd seed. How crazy would that be? With all we've gone through in the conference. Nuts.

Bottom line is we need to beat VT.

Yes obviously if we don't beat VTech then nothing else matters and we can slip on down the standings. Win though and have a little help. Top 4 is possible.

Advertisement
Considering Lunardi moves is back to a 9 seed after winning two games, I predict we will be an 11 seed now.
Makes sense. Although our 2 wins weren't against great teams... Moving back in the seedings while winning is a slap in the face. Beating UNC in their own home though... That's gotta move us up.

Advertisement
We hadn't beaten (until last night) any team of real note. And, no, MTSU -- as good as they are -- does not count as a signature win. Throw some bad losses in there and you've got your answer.

We hadn't beaten (until last night) any team of real note. And, no, MTSU -- as good as they are -- does not count as a signature win. Throw some bad losses in there and you've got your answer.
We've beaten some solid teams such as Middle Tenn, FSU, LVille, NCState and VTech. Our losses aren't even that bad... Not like many other teams out there. New Mexico St is 24 and 5 and not a bad loss. Losses on the road in conference aren't considered bad even at GTech and BC.
Syracuse at home hurt but they're a bubble team so not a bad loss. Our resume isn't amazing but it isn't bad either. This win at UNC was huge and put us into the Tourney.

Advertisement
Back