Biggest Personal Eval Miss

I loooooooooved Jamal Reid. Whoops.

Morris turned out a lot better than I thought he would.

Reid wasnt really that big of a miss, yeah he was a 4 star but he wasnt all that. Now if you were a member of CS during that time, you were fed spoonful after spoonful of BS by Vette that he was the next Ed Reed though.......

Advertisement
Man, it sucks looking back at all our busts.

Dont think you can look further than QB evals for our struggles over the past decade.

Marc Guillon
Kyle Wright
Kirby Freeman
Daniel Stegall
Robert Marve
Jacory Harris
Taylor Cook
Cannon Smith
Stephen Morris

Again, painful to look back at some huge misses at the most important position.

Take Morris off the list please, he was a 3* and not amazingly hyped but please lets not forget the many good things he did also. I get he wasn't loved by most but he wasn't a bust
Not calling him a bust. Just listing our QB signees from 2002 -2010.

Lol I see but 6 of those guys are next level busts that we can't even begin to start with. Jacory, Morris and Wright to me weren't on their levels as far as misses so just to at least clarify on what I think

Advertisement
Ryan Moore, Robert Marve, Willie Cooper, and The entire 2007 team

Willie Cooper is a good one. Kid was a stud in HS, and not only was he a disappointment but he just never saw the field period. It was how I learned my lessons about watching safety highlights. No matter how much of a stud they are as a player, if they dont have the necessary speed, it just won't work out there.......

Advertisement
Greg Cooper was actually ahead of shady McCoy at prep school.......they were both supposed to come here .....wish we got shady instead of Cooper

Does Arthur Brown count? That he would be a monster year, he still turned out a monster but just not here. Also the usual Kyle Wright, Marcus Forston types. Also had high hopes for Jamal Reid after he ****ted on every DB at the UA game.

Best defensive player and best offensive player in the country during their recruiting. Kyle seemed to have a different offense coordinator every year he was here. Marcus Florston was supposed to be an animal. Jamie German was another tops in the country that was a bust.

Arthur doesn't count that was just a huge Shannon **** up. Kyle could play but that coaching was a mess and screwed him up but trust me the way he still lead UM to some good wins showed he could play. Fortson was just idk man I will never understand that one and German was just a bust I agree

[video=youtube;ceiSSXua_ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceiSSXua_ws[/video]

I was really excited about getting Jammi German. That being said, if you're going to excuse the players that you listed, then you can't call German a bust. He had a productive season in '95, and showed enough to be drafted in the third round, despite sitting out his senior season.

Advertisement
Does Arthur Brown count? That he would be a monster year, he still turned out a monster but just not here. Also the usual Kyle Wright, Marcus Forston types. Also had high hopes for Jamal Reid after he ****ted on every DB at the UA game.

Best defensive player and best offensive player in the country during their recruiting. Kyle seemed to have a different offense coordinator every year he was here. Marcus Florston was supposed to be an animal. Jamie German was another tops in the country that was a bust.

I don't think he you have the right definition of bust. Jammi German might not have lived up to the hype, but he wasn't a bust. In 3 years he had 90 catches for 1,334 yards. He had a very good junior year in '95 (41 for 730 with 3 TD) and was poised to have a big '96 before he was booted.

Advertisement

Arthur doesn't count that was just a huge Shannon **** up. Kyle could play but that coaching was a mess and screwed him up but trust me the way he still lead UM to some good wins showed he could play. Fortson was just idk man I will never understand that one and German was just a bust I agree

I was really excited about getting Jammi German. That being said, if you're going to excuse the players that you listed, then you can't call German a bust. He had a productive season in '95, and showed enough to be drafted in the third round, despite sitting out his senior season.

LOL a highlight tape with R&B music, I love it...He did look like a beast tho...
The only other great produced and exciting HS highlight tape i could think of is Nate Webster
[video=youtube;m34_pXopMO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m34_pXopMO0[/video]

I was a big time Jammi German fan. My boy from Fl talked so much about how good he was, I thought he was goin to the Hall of Fame before I actually ever saw him play. Lol

**** shame...I heard this kid likes tha man meat, YUKKY

Advertisement
Back