Biggest Personal Eval Miss

Ryan Moore, Jacory Harris, Marcus Forston, Micanor Regis, and Lovon Ponder. I''d never seen Ponder play, but I was still surprised to see how bad he was.

Advertisement
I thought Jacory would be a star college football quarterback.

He was on his way, but he got caught up in the hype and had the wrong OC to reign him in.

I think he would have been unreal if he had 4 years of Jed. His throw to TB in the FSU game is still one of the prettiest I've seen.

His FR year, arguably the most important in a QBs development he was under Patrick Nix.

Talking about a lot of busts, but what about guys we never thought would amount to jack and did?

Teraz McCray is certainly one that comes to mind.

How about letting Santonio Holmes and Devin Aromashodu go, in order to get Ryan Moore, Jolla and Legget.

Talking about a lot of busts, but what about guys we never thought would amount to jack and did?

How about letting Santonio Holmes and Devin Aromashodu go, in order to get Ryan Moore, Jolla and Legget.

Got to thinking about it and it shows how bad we were recruiting (2002-2011) imo
Our "BIG" time recruits were for the most part not that talented or lazy...and our low level were C-USA or worse recruits

Greg Cooper was actually ahead of shady McCoy at prep school.......they were both supposed to come here .....wish we got shady instead of Cooper

This isnt true. Shady had a broken ankle...that is the only reason Coop was listed ahead. Before he broke his ankle shady was higher rated.

Advertisement
Richard Gordon. This kid had electric return man written all over him. Who woulda thought it wouldnt pan out?

Got to thinking about it and it shows how bad we were recruiting (2002-2011) imo
Our "BIG" time recruits were for the most part not that talented or lazy...and our low level were C-USA or worse recruits

But Coker and Shannon said they were 4 and 5 stars according to rivals!?!?!?

Does Arthur Brown count? That he would be a monster year, he still turned out a monster but just not here. Also the usual Kyle Wright, Marcus Forston types. Also had high hopes for Jamal Reid after he ****ted on every DB at the UA game.

Best defensive player and best offensive player in the country during their recruiting. Kyle seemed to have a different offense coordinator every year he was here. Marcus Florston was supposed to be an animal. Jamie German was another tops in the country that was a bust.

I don't think he you have the right definition of bust. Jammi German might not have lived up to the hype, but he wasn't a bust. In 3 years he had 90 catches for 1,334 yards. He had a very good junior year in '95 (41 for 730 with 3 TD) and was poised to have a big '96 before he was booted.

Yeah you are right, More of a big let down than bust. I thought German would be the next Dion Sanders like a lot of other people. After all he was the number one defensive recruit in the country. Same with Kyle and Arthur. Both #1s in the country. Kyle I though would be the best UM QB at of all time. Waited for four years like all of us and nothing happened. Arthur did flourish once he left Shannon.

Ryan Moore is up there. I remember Doug Wiggins and thought he might be legit. I think he transferred 1- 4 star bust. Almost the whole 2008 class is a bust.

Advertisement
Are we forgetting Graig Cooper? A five star at one point

You need more context. Yes, he was a 5 star but he was a prep school 5 star. That's relative to other prep school guys which is worlds different than being a HS 5 star. He was a 3 star coming out of HS, iirc.

Advertisement
Man I liked Telemaque, but he went downhill pretty fast and had a non existent senior season.

Cooper was a 3 star kid, he overachieved. Charlie Jones was Scouts #2 RB in the country.

Cooper was a 3 star kid, he overachieved. Charlie Jones was Scouts #2 RB in the country.

Naw I probably should have put it in the OP but you could personally have a guy ranked as a 5 star and rivals has him a 2 star...
Its Your biggest eval miss...
I personally felt after watching Cooper's HS highlights that we had just signed one of the best backs in that class...
I remember Soldinger saying we had just signed our best back in 10 years when he was coming outta HS... and that just added more fuel to my overhype fire lol

Advertisement
Kyle Wright was probably the most "important" recruiting miss of the past decade. Probably ensured Coker losing his job and brought us to the Shannon era

This is one of those BS threads that doesn't do anything but bash college kids. What's the point?
I didn't bother reading the thread, but misunderstood the title. It should have been "personnel"

Last edited:
Tie between Lance Leggett, Kyle Wright, and latwan Anderson

Also I thought Ryan Hill would be an amazing corner and turned out average at best.

Last edited:
This is one of those BS threads that doesn't do anything but bash college kids. What's the point?
I didn't bother reading the thread, but misunderstood the title. It should have been "personnel"

lol naw definitely not bashing ex-canes...Cause at the end of the day they are Canes and I still like all of them...
If was more of Your own scouting eye and how you missed on your assessment of a player (good or bad), not who stunk it up for us

Advertisement
Back