Biggest Personal Eval Miss

way too many... seriously the Coker/Shannon era produced a mountain of busts...

Ready?

Ryan Moore (thought would be an animal)
Tyrone Moss (did OK, but not nearly as good as I hoped)
2004 Class - Charlie Jones, Lance Leggett, Dwayne Hendricks, James Bryant, Andrew Johnson, Ryan Anderson to name a few... I thought this class would keep us elite for years to come... almost as bad as 2008.
Dajleaon Farr, Reggie Youngblood, Spencer Adkins... dissapointing.
Ryan Hill
Remember Kayne Farq... LOL
2008... just about the whole class...
Ray Ray Armstrong
Dyron Dye
Jamal Reid

Thank you for the tear jerking thread!

http://gifsoup.com

Plus 1 on Ryan Moore...I was seeing Dez Bryant lite even through his freshman year
I think he was one of the few that actually had talent but didn't have the right surroundings here at miami (a coach that would make him work hard and stay in shape)

Advertisement
way too many... seriously the Coker/Shannon era produced a mountain of busts...

Ready?

Ryan Moore (thought would be an animal)
Tyrone Moss (did OK, but not nearly as good as I hoped)
2004 Class - Charlie Jones, Lance Leggett, Dwayne Hendricks, James Bryant, Andrew Johnson, Ryan Anderson to name a few... I thought this class would keep us elite for years to come... almost as bad as 2008.
Dajleaon Farr, Reggie Youngblood, Spencer Adkins... dissapointing.
Ryan Hill
Remember Kayne Farq... LOL
2008... just about the whole class...
Ray Ray Armstrong
Dyron Dye
Jamal Reid

Thank you for the tear jerking thread!

http://gifsoup.com

Ha. You read my mind on a few. Even the spelling of Kayne Farq........

Does Arthur Brown count? That he would be a monster here, he still turned out a monster but just not here. Also the usual Kyle Wright, Marcus Forston types. Also had high hopes for Jamal Reid after he ****ted on every DB at the UA game.

Last edited:
Agree with all. One that hasnt been mentioned, prince kent. What ever happened to that dude?

Advertisement
I thought Jacory would be a star college football quarterback.

He was on his way, but he got caught up in the hype and had the wrong OC to reign him in.

Advertisement
Does Arthur Brown count? That he would be a monster year, he still turned out a monster but just not here. Also the usual Kyle Wright, Marcus Forston types. Also had high hopes for Jamal Reid after he ****ted on every DB at the UA game.

Best defensive player and best offensive player in the country during their recruiting. Kyle seemed to have a different offense coordinator every year he was here. Marcus Florston was supposed to be an animal. Jamie German was another tops in the country that was a bust.

Does Arthur Brown count? That he would be a monster year, he still turned out a monster but just not here. Also the usual Kyle Wright, Marcus Forston types. Also had high hopes for Jamal Reid after he ****ted on every DB at the UA game.

Best defensive player and best offensive player in the country during their recruiting. Kyle seemed to have a different offense coordinator every year he was here. Marcus Florston was supposed to be an animal. Jamie German was another tops in the country that was a bust.

Arthur doesn't count that was just a huge Shannon **** up. Kyle could play but that coaching was a mess and screwed him up but trust me the way he still lead UM to some good wins showed he could play. Fortson was just idk man I will never understand that one and German was just a bust I agree

Not the biggest, but Jimmy Graham has been a huge surprise for me.

I saw a foal like basketball player trying to play football when he suited up for us. He's an absolute monster now.

Advertisement
I loooooooooved Jamal Reid. Whoops.

Morris turned out a lot better than I thought he would.

Man, it sucks looking back at all our busts.

Dont think you can look further than QB evals for our struggles over the past decade.

Marc Guillon
Kyle Wright
Kirby Freeman
Daniel Stegall
Robert Marve
Jacory Harris
Taylor Cook
Cannon Smith
Stephen Morris

Again, painful to look back at some huge misses at the most important position.

Advertisement

Dont think you can look further than QB evals for our struggles over the past decade.

Marc Guillon
Kyle Wright
Kirby Freeman
Daniel Stegall
Robert Marve
Jacory Harris
Taylor Cook
Cannon Smith
Stephen Morris

Take Morris off the list please, he was a 3* and not amazingly hyped but please lets not forget the many good things he did also. I get he wasn't loved by most but he wasn't a bust

Arthur doesn't count that was just a huge Shannon **** up. Kyle could play but that coaching was a mess and screwed him up but trust me the way he still lead UM to some good wins showed he could play. Fortson was just idk man I will never understand that one and German was just a bust I agree

Wright had awful atrocious pocket presence. Maybe he never recovered from his first start where Wimbley went in dry, but it just never was there. The multiple OCs did not help his cause, but the lack of any pocket presence was his downfall to me.

Marc Guillon
Kyle Wright
Kirby Freeman
Daniel Stegall
Robert Marve
Jacory Harris
Taylor Cook
Cannon Smith
Stephen Morris

Take Morris off the list please, he was a 3* and not amazingly hyped but please lets not forget the many good things he did also. I get he wasn't loved by most but he wasn't a bust
Not calling him a bust. Just listing our QB signees from 2002 -2010.

Advertisement
Back