Big Baby Seymour

Glad he's sticking. Solid HS player but how is he going to transition to the college level? I hope he's ready to sit 3 years before he sees the field. If not he'll be in the portal. He'll be battling Rodriguez for the Center spot as probably a 2 year starter (RS jr & RS Sr)... maybe he can play guard at that point if he's serious enough in the weight room.

Good programs have good players that wait and develop on the OL & DL all the time but it typically doesn't work out well for us.
He likely wont sit that long. I think he can possibly play guard in our offense. If guys like Jakai Clark can..im sure he can. Now weightroom work is something definately needed for him...reforming/reshaping and adding strength.

He should be stealing reps by year 2. He's a bit different than alot of the ol coming in...where he wont be gunshy with mixing it up with guys...He's already hemmed up a few of our guys getting reps on our DL. The talent jump from hs to college isnt going to be as big for him as it would be for a Mclaughlin or even Rodriguez.

Advertisement
He likely wont sit that long. I think he can possibly play guard in our offense. If guys like Jakai Clark can..im sure he can. Now weightroom work is something definately needed for him...reforming/reshaping and adding strength.

He should be stealing reps by year 2. He's a bit different than alot of the ol coming in...where he wont be gunshy with mixing it up with guys...He's already hemmed up a few of our guys getting reps on our DL. The talent jump from hs to college isnt going to be as big for him as it would be for a Mclaughlin or even Rodriguez.
And Big Baby is a competitor from what I have read. Wants to get better in every practice.

And Big Baby is a competitor from what I have read. Wants to get better in every practice.

You got to see it to believe it. Dude in camp settings says NOTHING. Looks like the fat kid thats just there for the gatorade and orange slices...and then he proceeds to just dishrag folks.

Its the Hands and the feet he has for me. He anticipates DL moves in pass pro or ofrces the action with a short set and then Locks on...
giphy.gif

Love to see whether they play him at center or at guard. Think he can do both but i kinda like him more at guard

Exactly. He looks like a fullback (and maybe that’s a way to get him on the field early).

Strength is a concern at his size but he has such powerful hands and the ability to bend and explode.
How tall is he?
And have you ever seen a tackle pulling as often as that tape? I recognize that he's on the interior in college but pulling o-linemen have to have great feet. I just can't remember seeing a tackle pull that often.

Advertisement

You and D$ vouching for him and being 2 of the few opinions on here that i would trust says a lot.

Wasn't that a quote from Taylor about the toughest lineman he went against?

How tall is he?
And have you ever seen a tackle pulling as often as that tape? I recognize that he's on the interior in college but pulling o-linemen have to have great feet. I just can't remember seeing a tackle pull that often.
Probably topping out at 6'1-6'2. He's the ol version of Nesta Silvera

Advertisement
You and D$ vouching for him and being 2 of the few opinions on here that i would trust says a lot.
Ive been watching him since optomist level since a friend coached that beastly team....then ive been getting to see him in camp setting where im always watching the ol/dl. He has always been "THE GUY" at these. And thats with whomever was the top dog even the classes above him.Just look for the squatty kid with the hoodie on. lol

Name a guy from Holley to Jahfari Harvey and i seen him do work against them. And thats just the guys on our team. I remember the first time i noticed Harvey. Dude was putting in WORK at camp could barely be touched, was just working whatever move he wanted in pass pro ( i knew he would be good then)..Baby kicked out wide and walled him off likely was the only guy to. All the NY DL on our team was introduced to him then to...It wasnt pretty for them. These are all guys current flashing on our dl and playing well. He was younger but looked like an upperclassmen then.

@DMoney was there

I will say this - he looks terrible on the hoof. You would think he was an FIU kid before the whistle blows. But then again, Jakai was the same way and he got on the field early.
is he strong enough to play guard, i'm tired of clarke and scaife getting manhandled ... encourage about vaughn, but we need another, if he can start as rotational depth that would be a huge plus

Wasn't that a quote from Taylor about the toughest lineman he went against?
Taylor and so many more kid has a reputation for being a tough guy to beat. If feeley can get him strong ur looking at a potential all acc and early round nfl pick

Advertisement
Yup and i like Jakai as a player. I think Baby's floor is Harland Gunn. And id take that. Gunn started alot of games here
Jakai takes coaching well and is developing good technique. He's just not athletically gifted and is pretty weak. He's young though. He's a natural Center.

Seymour should have every opportunity to slide in for Donaldson at LG in 2022 with the way the depth chart shakes out and Clark moves to center full time.

Jakai takes coaching well and is developing good technique. He's just not athletically gifted and is pretty weak. He's young though. He's a natural Center.

Seymour should have every opportunity to slide in for Donaldson at LG in 2022 with the way the depth chart shakes out and Clark moves to center full time.
I would like that actually.

Want Baby and Rodriguez to be weightroom redshirt guys.

These guys temperment matches the BARBER kid...which is why i want him as well. These are kids that arent finesse blockers...AT ALL. It was one of the things that STOOD out to me in regards to Nesta Silvera if you guys could remember when i first brought him to the board. I brought him to the board as a sophomore OL recruit. Literally every play he was trying to put a kid in the dirt when i watched him..and if he did it was like a finisher pancake. That type of tenacity translated more to him as a dl as u can see he has his way with a bull rush at times. If Big Baby can get his body similar to how Nesta sured his up by his Jr year he will be an all acc type despite being short at the position.

ALso not mentioned yet...but Miami Central has a pretty good OL coach. Their ol go on to college and perform very well. Not the typical dade county ol coaching of " buss em in the mouth" or "block that guy"...he got a running list of guys playing well in college.

Advertisement
I like Jakai but Big Baby is a better version of the same type of player IMO.

In terms of athleticism, he was a 4.9 shuttle at 6’2, 293 but that was as a sophomore. His tape shows some unique movement skills and his brother is a WR prospect:

Jakai is a center though, right? Isn’t that his best position?

Big Baby has never not been good. And by good, I mean, never not been one of the best players on the team and one of the leaders.

If you expect any different at UM, you don't know the kid.

The same goes for Ryan Rodriguez. Big Baby and Ryan will be All-Conference trench bullies for Miami for the foreseeable future. These guys are legit and leaders in different ways. Big Baby a little more vocal. Ryan quiet, do as I say, work as hard as me leadership.

I just don't know where each plays best...IMO, right now, I feel like Big Baby at C and Ryan at G would be the value on the dollar for each. But Ryan is going to be a good center, too. Ryan is in the Chris Myers-Brandon Linder spectrum of player. C/G, doesn't matter. I see Big Baby in the same way, but that elite athleticism he's got would play up at center, IMO.

Advertisement
Back