Big Baby Seymour

Big Baby has never not been good. And by good, I mean, never not been one of the best players on the team and one of the leaders.

If you expect any different at UM, you don't know the kid.

The same goes for Ryan Rodriguez. Big Baby and Ryan will be All-Conference trench bullies for Miami for the foreseeable future. These guys are legit and leaders in different ways. Big Baby a little more vocal. Ryan quiet, do as I say, work as hard as me leadership.

I just don't know where each plays best...IMO, right now, I feel like Big Baby at C and Ryan at G would be the value on the dollar for each. But Ryan is going to be a good center, too. Ryan is in the Chris Myers-Brandon Linder spectrum of player. C/G, doesn't matter. I see Big Baby in the same way, but that elite athleticism he's got would play up at center, IMO.
****, high expectations. can't wait

Advertisement
Seymour will be good after a year in the weight room and getting in during the blowouts. Really like this OL class we are bringing in. All have a chance to grow together and aren’t rushed to play right away when’s the last time we weren’t depending on a freshmen to play right away on the OL.

Ma
Glad he's sticking. Solid HS player but how is he going to transition to the college level? I hope he's ready to sit 3 years before he sees the field. If not he'll be in the portal. He'll be battling Rodriguez for the Center spot as probably a 2 year starter (RS jr & RS Sr)... maybe he can play guard at that point if he's serious enough in the weight room.

Good programs have good players that wait and develop on the OL & DL all the time but it typically doesn't work out well for us.
n he is a Guard! He’s not sitting 3 yrs at anyone’s program. He’s that Good!!!!!

1607467971565.png

Advertisement
Big Baby has never not been good. And by good, I mean, never not been one of the best players on the team and one of the leaders.

If you expect any different at UM, you don't know the kid.

The same goes for Ryan Rodriguez. Big Baby and Ryan will be All-Conference trench bullies for Miami for the foreseeable future. These guys are legit and leaders in different ways. Big Baby a little more vocal. Ryan quiet, do as I say, work as hard as me leadership.

I just don't know where each plays best...IMO, right now, I feel like Big Baby at C and Ryan at G would be the value on the dollar for each. But Ryan is going to be a good center, too. Ryan is in the Chris Myers-Brandon Linder spectrum of player. C/G, doesn't matter. I see Big Baby in the same way, but that elite athleticism he's got would play up at center, IMO.
why do we get all these guys projected as centers and play them at guard where they lack strength ... scaife, clarke, now seymore?

why do we get all these guys projected as centers and play them at guard where they lack strength ... scaife, clarke, now seymore?
Because we have a kid kind of solidified at center for whatever reason in Gaynor

Because we have a kid kind of solidified at center for whatever reason in Gaynor
i guess i'm asking why don't we get guys that can play guard ... is that all south florida produces ... i actually hope we move scaife outside next year and move campbell inside ...

Getting stronger isn't something that bothers me. As long as he's an average worker in a college S&C program that won't be an issue. What does bother me are his short arms. Football fields are littered with DOA o-linemen at the P5 level because they have short arms. Hopefully he'll be the exception who makes up for it with tenacity & athleticism.

Advertisement
In modern football, G/C traits vary from team to team, scheme to scheme. Many (most?) evaluators just basically call them Interior Offensive Linemen and slot them to their scheme. They share traits.

Advertisement
Back