Big Baby Seymour

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
The Gators extended an offer to Miami (Fla.) Central four-star offensive lineman Laurence Seymore back in April, but he's not been able to visit campus in person since getting the offer. Seymore logged on with the Florida staff around 7:00 p.m. ET for his first look at Gainesville. The Gators are still juggling a few linemen targets in the 2021 cycle. Seymore committed to the Miami Hurricanes early on, but has continued to keep lines of commutation open with other schools. Florida was a school he noted as one that he would look into, so this will be a chance for Seymore to have any questions about the Orange and Blue answered.

From 247:

"It was great because first I got to see the academic part and that was a great part," Seymore said. "They really put a lot of time into their players and it was great seeing things over the computer. I still want to go see it in real life though myself in person. They showed me the academics center [Hawkins Center], the locker room and the new indoor facility they are building and their new training room. They showed us a lot and it lets me tour the campus and that helps me a lot right now. Eventually I want to see it again, but it gives me an idea."

It was Florida offensive line coach John Hevesy who delivered Seymore his offer back in the spring and has been the main contact in Gainesville. So far, the two have been able to build a great bond.

"I get to know him every day and he texts me every day and he is just a great dude. We talk about how our days are going and things I have going on my daily life. He wants to send clips of my workouts, so my trainer will send videos of me doing different blocking and lineman drills. H gives me tips on my stance and how to get better there. He said I have all the other tools, but just need to clean up my stance and feet."

The Gators have worked hard to build up their efforts in the trenches and see the 6-foot-1 1/2, 293-pounder filling in on the interior part of their front line.

"They said guard and center," Seymore said. "They said I fit their offense perfectly with how they pull their guards. They said they want me to come join them in The Swamp. Everything is the same and I am still committed, but you never know if that day will come."

Seymore maintains his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes is strong, but he's remained in touch with schools who have continued to recruit him.

"Well Coach Hevesy for sure," Seymore said. "Coach [Matt] Luke from Georgia, Coach [Alex] Atkins from FSU, Coach [James] Gregg from LSU, Coach [Ja'Juan] Seider from Penn State are coaches I still hear from."

Seymore also plans to take official visits this fall if he's able to. With uncertainty still on how the fall will go with recruiting visits, he's yet to pencil in any hopeful destinations.

"I am going to do them but I don't know what school yet. My parents are still sitting down and talking about those."

247Sports currently ranks Seymore as the Nation's No. 15 offensive guard in the 2021 recruiting class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
1592398822402.png

Advertisement
Nothing overly alarming. While it's not ideal for a commit to not be 100% onboard, I'm not getting the vibe that he's on #flipWatch either. It'll be a rocky ride but IMO he sticks

I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s messing with them more than anything. I’m sure he’s talked to Isaiah Walker about Coach Hevesy.

Good point. maybe just trying to "enjoy the experience" too since he's been committed so long...

Not getting good vibes here. We will need to put out a competent product on the field to have a chance of keeping him.

Advertisement
JC that Megan Mullet kiss everyone off the bus pep talk shît is creepy af. As a parent, it would literally creep me away from sending my kid there.

Imagine if the husband of the girls volleyball coach kissed each female player when they got off the bus before each match. This could seriously blow up from a Title IX perspective if anyone shakes the tree.

Advertisement
Somebody asked Blake A on their board if they have a better chance at flipping Seymour or another target....Slaughter, maybe???. He quickly responded Slaughter. The poster followed up with "Boooo."

He's been committed a long time, so I understand why he'd be available to other schools and have conversation. We keep reeling in offense prospects and our commits keep shooting up the ranks like Arroyo....you'd have to think we are good!

D$, you think we're solid here?

Seymour is solid as solid gets. The only way he dc’s is if we lay an epic **** and even then I think we hold on.
Great news... Seymour, Rodriguez and Thad are the gems of this class imo. And of course Arroyo

Advertisement
Back