Big Baby Seymour

Advertisement
Wonder if that barber offer was to pressure Seymour a bit or if they would take barber too. I know once is interior other is more of a tackle but that’s interesting timing.

Glad he's sticking. Solid HS player but how is he going to transition to the college level? I hope he's ready to sit 3 years before he sees the field. If not he'll be in the portal. He'll be battling Rodriguez for the Center spot as probably a 2 year starter (RS jr & RS Sr)... maybe he can play guard at that point if he's serious enough in the weight room.

Good programs have good players that wait and develop on the OL & DL all the time but it typically doesn't work out well for us.
I can see him playing early if he works. He’s better than Jakai Clark already.

Elite athleticism and hand strength in a bad body.

So when Seymore or Thad or whoever give an interview to another teams site and it doesn’t sound good I understand why people get frustrated but there something you guys gotta understand. As someone who’s interviewed a lot of recruits the past three cycles I can say it’s not that hard to get a recruit to say something that makes a good headline that will get clicks. I didn’t read his rivals interview so idk what it said but just keep that in mind. Glad he’s on board because he’s athletic and very naturally strong which we need in the interior of our line.

Advertisement
1607456235026.gif

Wonder if that barber offer was to pressure Seymour a bit or if they would take barber too. I know once is interior other is more of a tackle but that’s interesting timing.
My guess was it had more to do with the Rivals article that came out recently. I will see if I can find a link and as a result the coaches had a sit down with him...

I can see him playing early if he works. He’s better than Jakai Clark already.

Elite athleticism and hand strength in a bad body.
See that's where I got the 3-4 years... I'm higher on Jakai. I like his technique and intelligence of the game and i think he'll transition well to Center. He needs to add strength. He also has double digit games under his belt and will still only be a sophomore.

I was also under the impression that Seymour didn't test that well for his size limitations (It was early 2019 so I hope he improved)

Advertisement
See that's where I got the 3-4 years... I'm higher on Jakai. I like his technique and intelligence of the game and i think he'll transition well to Center. He needs to add strength. He also has double digit games under his belt and will still only be a sophomore.

I was also under the impression that Seymour didn't test that well for his size limitations (It was early 2019 so I hope he improved)
I like Jakai but Big Baby is a better version of the same type of player IMO.

In terms of athleticism, he was a 4.9 shuttle at 6’2, 293 but that was as a sophomore. His tape shows some unique movement skills and his brother is a WR prospect:

Testing don’t mean THAT much man. Can you play or not? That’s how the Corey Flagg narrative was started

I like Jakai but Big Baby is a better version of the same type of player IMO.

In terms of athleticism, he was a 4.9 shuttle at 6’2, 293 but that was as a sophomore. His tape shows some unique movement skills and his brother is a WR prospect:

Can't discount the fact that he's got great feet and explosive leverage. He gets to the 2nd level and has an athletic breakdown to set up his blocks on the 2nd level.

Those traits probably take him further than I anticipated at guard. Just hard to project a smaller guy anywhere other than Center until they prove it in a game.

Advertisement
He gets to the 2nd level and has an athletic breakdown to set up his blocks on the 2nd level.
Exactly. He looks like a fullback (and maybe that’s a way to get him on the field early).

Strength is a concern at his size but he has such powerful hands and the ability to bend and explode.

Testing don’t mean THAT much man. Can you play or not? That’s how the Corey Flagg narrative was started
Absolutely. But it matters far more on the OL than any position on the field. Testing numbers directly translate to on-field results at his position unlike LB. Looking back, his shuttle is better than i thought it was and he has a solid vertical. The only concern is Ht, wt, strength for him to play guard. I was hoping he'd be a center.

Flagg's testing numbers were also inaccurate and blown out of proportion. It was reiterated many times that he was hurt when he ran a 4.95

Advertisement
I don’t think people appreciate this young man.
He’s been bullying older and taller players everywhere he goes. If he was 6’4 he’d be a 5 star no question.

He's bullied a few kids on our team that are considered DAWGS/BEAST on our current DL in one on ones lol...as a sophomore.

Seymoure from some one has seen him and talked to and heard kids go against him all it takes is for him to lock on u. He puts his hands on u it's a wrap that's coming from multiple 5 stars and other p5 players all say the same thing. When feeley gets him its gonna be fun. He is a guard so long he justice coaches up good which look like he will

Advertisement
Back