Big 10 and PAC 12 v. ACC, SEC and Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- I'm literally posting facts showing Jimmy Carter's job creation record was top 10 ever, and your response is "you're clueless?" (with nothing to refute the numbers btw).

-- Ah, yes, the ol Clinton was helped by the Republican Congress argument. Okay. Sure. I'll take it. Compromise is a component of leadership, which means he got Republicans to raise taxes which is a very non-Republican thing. As long as when you tout Reagan's job numbers, you make the same argument for the Dem lead Congress he had.

-- Oh, hey would you look at that? He had nowhere to go but up argument for Obama. How'd that work out for Herbert Hoover. For the billionth time, there is absolutely another place you can go following a recession. Down. How do you think depressions happen? In any event, Obama went up, and as such, he created jobs. Period. He gets the credit.

So, for comparison sakes -- Obama HALVED black unemployment. It's gone down 20 % under Trump who inherited a trend. Which btw, it's back up again.

View attachment 126954
So you're not wrong, but you're not telling the entire story on black unemployment (which is up again). It's actually statistically impossible for Trump to equal the drop in black unemployment that Obama did.

As for blaming the current recession on COVID -- which is accurate -- there''s always a reason for a recession. You don't get to pick and choose. But we are in one now. And Trump is the president. It happened under his watch. But II didn't count it. Extenuating circumstance.

lol How am I re-writing history by posting nothing but cold, hard numbers?

Here's a stock market comparison.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergei...tock-market-returns-under-every-us-president/

Is this also re-writing history showing that Clinton and Obama had the two biggest increases?

I'd love to see what numbers you're going by.
Alright, I like this...Again, How old are you?
im 50
I lived through carter sitting in gas lines in parents car for hours where we could only fill up on certain days of the week.
We had huge inflation and interest rates in houses were 15% +!!! If you experienced the malaise of the late 70s you would not try to defend it, numbers can be misleading.

there is a reason Reagan ***** slapped him out of office after ONE term! If economy was good he would have been re elected.

as for Clinton 👍 plus newt
I will grant you Reagan plus Tip Oneil
compromise😊

Now for dumbo!
Again, he benefited from a train wreck due to housing crisis CAUSED by Lib lending policies.
He could have done nothing I suppose and it could have gotten worse, or he could spend a **** load of money that the street likes even though most of it went to crony bull**** like solyndra. So he had to grow jobs, I’d argue it wasn’t good policy that did it, it was just the circumstances. Remember he said we needed to manage a decline in US, that this was new norm!
we can agree to disagree on him👍

now for Trump, are you going to argue that economy and market weren’t cooking up to this year? Was there something wrong w our economy before CHYNAH virus appeared? Of course not. Right?

Now, are you REALLY going to argue that Weekend at Bernies - BIDEN , is BETTER for our economy than Trump?????? What policy is going to drive that??? More regulation? More taxes? Shutting down our oil and gas production? Absolving tariffs w China so they can go back to raping us?

my bet is there aren’t many in this country voting for Biden because they think he will be better for economy! It’s laughable to even type it.

I appreciate your reply even though we disagree
👍👍👍
Cheers

Advertisement
Lol at Slump being a businessman. He took $400M from his daddy and still managed to bankrupt every business he touched and has been the biggest joke in American history. But go ahead and dig those heels in on the wrong side of the biggest disaster in our history.
See my advice to Super, and double it.

Your takes can be so much better.

Are people here seriously longing for the economic glory days of Carter and Obama? Guess it's true, the smarter people are over at the wez.

Its actually not like that...

at all......

HINT: The FED has a far more outsized (and immediate) impact on the "economy" than any given POTUS.

It's why Reagan, Clinton, and Trump are so remarkable/shrewd/lucky in that regard. Granted, like all parties, their is always the next morning.....
YES! Just like how they're spending trillions now to juice the economy and letting Mnuchkin play stock market. No one is disputing this. But the sitting president is the one who gets the credit or the blame.

So lmk when the guy you are going to vote for in November starts talking about things other than job creation, job growth, wages, unemployment, and the stock market when he speaks about economic performance, bc if those are the things he is going by (rightfully so), then well... here we go again ... the Dem president's have outperformed the Republican presidents.

bush let the borders get out of control. believe it or not, Obama actaully deported more people than Trump. Jeh Johnson was pretty tough at DHS
I hear ya...but again...one must look through the lens of those moments and environments.

Advertisement
To get back on the thread subject.......

1597099016481.png

Alright, I like this...Again, How old are you?
im 50
I lived through carter sitting in gas lines in parents car for hours where we could only fill up on certain days of the week.
We had huge inflation and interest rates in houses were 15% +!!! If you experienced the malaise of the late 70s you would not try to defend it, numbers can be misleading.

there is a reason Reagan ***** slapped him out of office after ONE term! If economy was good he would have been re elected.

as for Clinton 👍 plus newt
I will grant you Reagan plus Tip Oneil
compromise😊

Now for dumbo!
Again, he benefited from a train wreck due to housing crisis CAUSED by Lib lending policies.
He could have done nothing I suppose and it could have gotten worse, or he could spend a **** load of money that the street likes even though most of it went to crony bull**** like solyndra. So he had to grow jobs, I’d argue it wasn’t good policy that did it, it was just the circumstances. Remember he said we needed to manage a decline in US, that this was new norm!
we can agree to disagree on him👍

now for Trump, are you going to argue that economy and market weren’t cooking up to this year? Was there something wrong w our economy before CHYNAH virus appeared? Of course not. Right?

Now, are you REALLY going to argue that Weekend at Bernies - BIDEN , is BETTER for our economy than Trump?????? What policy is going to drive that??? More regulation? More taxes? Shutting down our oil and gas production? Absolving tariffs w China so they can go back to raping us?

my bet is there aren’t many in this country voting for Biden because they think he will be better for economy! It’s laughable to even type it.

I appreciate your reply even though we disagree
👍👍👍
Cheers
I'll go from the bottom up:

I believe you are correct in your bet in that many will not be voting for Biden based on the economy, but that's partly his and Obama's fault for not making people more aware of the economic achievements during their tenure. I mean they mention it, but they're not as forceful as they should be with it.

Regarding, Trump, again, the economy was already cooking when he took off. I give him full credit for not doing much of anything at all which allowed things to keep chugging along. But for the record, the economy actually slightly slowed when compared to the last three years of Obama's term.

Regarding Carter, I'm well aware of the gas lines and stagflation. It's one of the main reasons, if not THE, main reason why Ronald Reagan was able to defeat him (and it's no easy feat taking down an incumbent president). And despite that, when you look at the overall economy under his watch, it still was superior to the most of the Republican presidents who followed. I'm not making an argument to put Carter on Mt. Rushmore. I'm just saying his economic record is better than what people think when really scrutinized.

Thanks for your reasoned response, brother.

Lol at Slump being a businessman. He took $400M from his daddy and still managed to bankrupt every business he touched and has been the biggest joke in American history. But go ahead and dig those heels in on the wrong side of the biggest disaster in our history.
Oh boy....smh
Did you get this info from Richard Maddow?
You don’t even know what you don’t know, I will leave it at that...

just be grateful Trump is president....and will be for four more years

Advertisement
Nice attempt to agitate, Even Steven. Don’t flatter yourself, dear, but nothing you upsets me.
The last I try to do is agitate. Except that dude the other day that caught me in a particularly feisty mood.

who knows how this turns out but I like the way Miami and the ACC have approached this from the beginning.

This program acted like it gave a **** about football and at least wanted to play. Whether that happens or not is out of their hands, but it showed me something.

I'll go from the bottom up:

I believe you are correct in your bet in that many will not be voting for Biden based on the economy, but that's partly his and Obama's fault for not making people more aware of the economic achievements during their tenure. I mean they mention it, but they're not as forceful as they should be with it.

Regarding, Trump, again, the economy was already cooking when he took off. I give him full credit for not doing much of anything at all which allowed things to keep chugging along. But for the record, the economy actually slightly slowed when compared to the last three years of Obama's term.

Regarding Carter, I'm well aware of the gas lines and stagflation. It's one of the main reasons, if not THE, main reason why Ronald Reagan was able to defeat him (and it's no easy feat taking down an incumbent president). And despite that, when you look at the overall economy under his watch, it still was superior to the most of the Republican presidents who followed. I'm not making an argument to put Carter on Mt. Rushmore. I'm just saying his economic record is better than what people think when really scrutinized.

Thanks for your reasoned response, brother.
👍😊this is how it’s done

bottom up for me as well

carter was in over his head w Iran as well, he was too much of a dove. I was too young to remember 72-76 but w watergate and leftover bs from Viet Nam...carter grew....I guess🤦‍♂️

I’d argue w you all day Re Trump and economy
His deregulation has been fantastic
His pro energy policies have been good to point where we are leading exporter of oil and have Energy independence!
his tax policy has help to repatriate $$ from overseas
His America first policy has brought back manufacturing jobs
His USMCA trade deal is outstanding
His tariffs on China have help us and hurt them

All of those are in stark contrast to Obama policies!!! Obama had mediocre recovery from Great Recession Trump has our economy and market into overdrive w his POLICIES

I don’t think Biden will run on any economic issues during his era as vp because for lack of a better word, Trump can/will Trump him at every turn!

now don’t even get me started w criminal justice reform and school voucher program that every **** African American should be applauding Trump and screaming at Biden for his role in 90s of locking up young black men!!!

but that’s another topic😊

I want you to know I appreciate you and your perspective and will fully support you voting for Trump in Nov😊👍

Advertisement
Advertisement
👍😊this is how it’s done

bottom up for me as well

carter was in over his head w Iran as well, he was too much of a dove. I was too young to remember 72-76 but w watergate and leftover bs from Viet Nam...carter grew....I guess🤦‍♂️

I’d argue w you all day Re Trump and economy
His deregulation has been fantastic
His pro energy policies have been good to point where we are leading exporter of oil and have Energy independence!
his tax policy has help to repatriate $$ from overseas
His America first policy has brought back manufacturing jobs
His USMCA trade deal is outstanding
His tariffs on China have help us and hurt them

All of those are in stark contrast to Obama policies!!! Obama had mediocre recovery from Great Recession Trump has our economy and market into overdrive w his POLICIES

I don’t think Biden will run on any economic issues during his era as vp because for lack of a better word, Trump can/will Trump him at every turn!

now don’t even get me started w criminal justice reform and school voucher program that every **** African American should be applauding Trump and screaming at Biden for his role in 90s of locking up young black men!!!

but that’s another topic😊

I want you to know I appreciate you and your perspective and will fully support you voting for Trump in Nov😊👍
Trump most certainly does not beat Obama at every Turn and our economy didn't go into overdrive. It actually slowed a bit and that was before COVID. For example.

• 2011: 2.075 million fell to 2.074 million, down 1,000 jobs
  • 2012: 2.174 million fell to 2.176 million, up 2,000 jobs
  • 2013: 2.302 million fell to 2.301 million, down 1,000 jobs
  • 2014: 3.006 million fell to 3.004 million, down 2,000 jobs
  • 2015: 2.729 million fell to 2.72 million, down 9,000 jobs
  • 2016: 2.318 million increased to 2.345 million, up 27,000 jobs
  • 2017: 2.153 million fell to 2.109 million, down 44,000 jobs
  • 2018: 2.679 million fell to 2.314 million, down 365,000 jobs (Trump’s best year)
  • 2019: 2.115 million fell to 2.096 million, down 19,000 jobs
I'm just reporting the numbers, my friend. And then there's these three tweets from Trump to further illustrate the economy was never in overdrive --

Get started all you want on Criminal Justice Reform (first step is a joke; violent crime up since 2016).

Also, we became the world leading crude exporter under... wait for it... Obama. He greatly expanded fracking (again, he's not the liberal tree hugger you guys make him out to be).

See ya at the polls in November, my guy. I'll be filling in the circle for Sleepy Joe.

(I apologize, Mods. I'll end it now.)

Are people here seriously longing for the economic glory days of Carter and Obama? Guess it's true, the smarter people are over at the wez.

LOL :laughing-1: The WEZ incels think they are smart. The Majority of the poster their fall into a couple categories 1.They have no friends IRL so they cry when they do a ban bet and lose. 2. They post pictures of their daughters so other grown can jerkoff to them and they get their little likes 3. They have a big *** truck with the little nut sack at the bottom of the truck and a trump flag and stickers all over their truck and finally 4. They have nightmare about Fidels reign in Cuba 5. There parents are 1st cousins if they lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back