Best HS FB Player You PERSONALLY Saw Play

Advertisement
I think we did this thread not too long ago but I'll roll with it....

Lavar Arrington. He was set to come here too until Erickson left and then his mom was spooked by the death of Marlin Barnes.

That said, eff him. I remember him disrespecting Dan Morgan- a guy that was every bit as decorated a college linebacker. AND Morgan doesn't have to acknowledge the existence of a child rapist molding his career.

I played against him in High School. He was a freak athlete. He was 6’4” 200+ and ran a 10.7 100 meters in High School.

Saw Fred Taylor and when he got hurt his backup, James Jackson came in and tore it up, did not know James Jackson before that night but knew he was something special. JJ came to the U, while Taylor obviously went to UF but a few years later both were starting in the NFL, Jackson with CLE and Taylor with JAX.

Advertisement
I saw Lavernues Coles (FSU) take a Pitch-out in 1997 in a HS game in FWB....and go 75yds like his *** was shot out of a cannon.....Think he played for Jacksonville Bolles.....

I played against him in High School. He was a freak athlete. He was 6’4” 200+ and ran a 10.7 100 meters in High School.

He was a year older than me but I played PeeWee football with him before I moved from North Hills in 6th grade. He eventually started killing people then to the point where everyone knew he was going to be special. I remember the cornball moms that ran the youth booster program even wrote a poem dedicated to him that was in our awards banquet program. It's no wonder he apparently was a beyond full of himself in actual high school.

Probably a good thing he went to Pedo State as he only had to deal with his ego clashing with Paterno. Might've had some physical altercations in the Miami locker room.

He was a year older than me but I played PeeWee football with him before I moved from North Hills in 6th grade. He eventually started killing people then to the point where everyone knew he was going to be special. I remember the cornball moms that ran the youth booster program even wrote a poem dedicated to him that was in our awards banquet program. It's no wonder he apparently was a beyond full of himself in actual high school.

Probably a good thing he went to Pedo State as he only had to deal with his ego clashing with Paterno. Might've had some physical altercations in the Miami locker room.

********, Portis & Moss should've beat His pus'*** for speakin' at ST26's funeral.

Advertisement
Michael Irvin without a doubt. In the regional they played North East where my kids went to school and it was an exceptional year until they met Irvin...he was a man amongst boys.

Non-Hurricane was Tucker Frederickson at South Broward, went both ways at Auburn, Also Alan Anapu at Fort Lauderdale High who became a Cane bust sad to say!

Naw Bobby ended up having a solid career. Ncstate had loaded backfield..he graduated from eastern Kentucky and had 1k rushing I believe. I got bw on facebook..had he made it to um definately would be nfl caliber. He didn't fully flame out. If u know killian..u know my people..he started at rb b4 bobby

Don’t remember the name specifically but he was the best thing to never make it to college. That’s why I didn’t put his name. Tatted with a D? That’s all I remember. Did really know Bobby did all that after NC State.

Me.

Jk.

Defensively Stephen Tulloch. Dude made me wear a horse collar after we played them.

Offensively Bobby Washington. One of the biggest waste of talent is ever seen.

I was at the K their senior yr. Bobby Washington was the one guy I saw play and I was like WOW. What he could have done if he kept his nose clean. Tulloch was a tackling machine, but he was so quiet and humble I think Bobby stole the show a lot of the time. He was out of this world.

Michael Irvin without a doubt. In the regional they played North East where my kids went to school and it was an exceptional year until they met Irvin...he was a man amongst boys.

Non-Hurricane was Tucker Frederickson at South Broward, went both ways at Auburn, Also Alan Anapu at Fort Lauderdale High who became a Cane bust sad to say!
Do you remember Brian Piccolo?

Advertisement
I saw Lavernues Coles (FSU) take a Pitch-out in 1997 in a HS game in FWB....and go 75yds like his *** was shot out of a cannon.....Think he played for Jacksonville Bolles.....

Jesus.

I've read about 10 or your posts recently and you are clueless.

You think Lavernues Coles went to Bolles?

:youre-nuts:

Anquan Boldin greatest QB I ever seen play at the high school level also the hardest hitting safety!!! Hands down it’s not even close

Advertisement
Russell Davis, Woodbridge Senior High, 1974-75. Saw him run for 475 yds in a Va. state playoff game. Went to Michigan and played with the Steelers for approx. 5 yrs if I remember correctly.

Yep hated to go against them
Might not have been on the level as Simms but Nigel Bradham was an animal at Wakulla.

Those Lincoln teams from around '04 -'09 impressed me. They had Brandon Paul and Fred Rouse. After they left, they reloaded with BJ Daniels, Jawanza Starling, and TJ Bryant. Buck Allen was a freshman on that squad too.

By position:
QB Highest ceiling Matt Stafford or Andrew Luck, probably seen 40+ NFL QBs in HS. Kyler Murray was better than both in HS, though, and not close if HS is the criteria.
RB Cedric Benson
WR Roy Williams or Dez
OL Eric Winston mauled people at tight end, I'll go with him
DL Nikita Whitlock, Von Miller, or Ashawn Robinson.... all 3 were insanely good in different ways
LB Derrick Johnson (I saw Armstead but I was really young)
DB Probably Kenny Vacarro at safety. I saw him destroy a dude Sean Taylor style without pads in 7on7 and I thought he straight up murdered him. He was promptly ejected... I did not think he would make it to the NFL with his attitude but he's done well. A defensive version of Aaron Hernandez in a lot of ways, miracle he's held it together.
KR/PR Quan Cosby

Best all around high school player I ever saw might have been Rex Burkhead. He was the best running back in the state and the best safety in the state his senior year. I've never seen a kid dominate in all phases quite like he did. If I had to pick one person on this list for my HS team it would be Murray or Burkhead despite neither of them being high ceiling NFL guys.

It is a shame that Cedric Benson (a) was a total knucklehead and (b) went to the University of Texas. He never developed into anything close to what he should have been after high school. Quan Cosby, ditto.... tore up his knee, played minor league baseball, and was never what he could have been. He looked like an alien playing small school football.

I've seen some really cool matchups. I saw Cedric Benson play Derrick Johnson.... Benson's high school's song used to be Dixie, and their band paraded around the stadium multiple times in front of Derrick Johnon's team's bleachers (Waco High). The black folks from Waco (i.e. 99% of the fans) were not amused to say the least. Amazing game Benson barely escaped with and Johnson won almost single-handedly.

Advertisement
Back