Best HS FB Player You PERSONALLY Saw Play

Antone Smith (played against him in the 2nd round of the florida state playoffs)

Andrew Audelin HB, class of '03, Archbishop Curley. Broke Frank Gores single game record for yards in HS (something like 450 yds on 17 carries)
Dude was amazing but had bad grades. Was being recruited by Miami and FSU. Ultimately went Juco (was an All American) then played at Sam Houston State. Had a great Jr year and then had a season ending injury (I believe he blew out his knee) in the beginning of his SR year and that was a wrap.

Advertisement
never went to high school games outside of my own school (park vista). But Tre Mason, who was a teammate of mine in basketball, his freshman year was a beast on the court and field. Kid was electric with the ball in his hand.

Alan Hall blast from the past. Was hoping for great things from him at Miami. Never saw the field. Anyone know what happened to him?

Just wasn't that good. Could have been a decent player but ate himself out of the program.

Spent more time at the Big Cheese than he did on the practice field

Advertisement
Another kid (RB) around the same time as Freddie Miles was another AA Tony Smith out of Southridge....Soldinger was the HC....A matter of fact they beat Freddies team for State Championship.....That being said....Solly still will tell ya Freddie was better..

I thought Southridge lost to Merritt Island in the playoffs the year Tony really went off. It was before I was a student there, but my older sister was there and I went to most of their games. I vaguely remember them playing Springs.

I thought Southridge lost to Merritt Island in the playoffs the year Tony really went off. It was before I was a student there, but my older sister was there and I went to most of their games. I vaguely remember them playing Springs.
I think Ridge beat Springs Freddie vs Tony for State Championship in 1980

Advertisement
Up in Michigan

1. Willie Snead IV (Ravens) for Muskegon Heights HS. Tore us up playing QB.
2. Anthony Zettel (Lions) for Ogemaw Heights HS
3. Jeff Janis (Browns) for Tawas HS. Was hurt when we played him but still looked good.
4. Austin Collier for Standish-Sterling HS. Played at Bowling Green in college. Was all over the field in HS.

Joey Galloway - Bellaire HS, Bellaire, OH. Man amongst boys. Football, basketball, AND track

Advertisement
Back