Best HS FB Player You PERSONALLY Saw Play

Yes. We graduated high school together. Was an all-everything QB. Set a bunch of records at Furman. East Tennessee is not quite the hotbed that SoFla is.
Did you all go to Greeneville? I live about 60 miles from there. I remember how good he was # Furman. Have an under grad and grad degrees from Tusculum.

Advertisement
Yes, Greeneville. We also had a great WR on the team named Marty Storey. He was a stud basketball player at well - part of the ETSU team that should have been the first to knock off a 1 seed (Oklahoma) in the first round. They blew a 17 point lead in the last seven minutes.

Yes, Greeneville. We also had a great WR on the team named Marty Storey. He was a stud basketball player at well - part of the ETSU team that should have been the first to knock off a 1 seed (Oklahoma) in the first round. They blew a 17 point lead in the last seven minutes.
He was a legend @ Greeneville. I recall that ETSU team and Marty. That team was stacked for a mid major. I went to several games when he was the HC @ Tusculum. Just never could seem to get over the hump. Even had a CB drafted by the Steelers - Ricardo Cochliegh (probably spelled incorrectly!)

Not sure what you mean by "peaked in high school." Dude had a very good career at UGA and played in the NFL.

The Freddie Miles types are the ones who peaked in high school. Not the guys who went on to have successful college and pro careers.
The ONLY reason Freddie so-called peaked in HS....was because no adults gave a S-it about him....his academics were catastrophic....and always in trouble....but since he went Juco in Cali and absolutely Destroyed all the records....I wouldn't say peaked in the sense athletically.....Btw...there's still people out West who STILL talk about him...@WestCoastCane

Advertisement
If Anyone Wants To Read About Freddie Miles.....Google Freddie Miles- Life On A Highwire......written by a former classmate..
Gives you an idea about Freddy and his undoing....Great Short Story.

I think you are either confusing me with someone else, or someone had my name on a different forum because I never posted on Grassy man.

And to continue the thread theme, it is DJ Williams at De La Salle for me
My Bad....same name though LoL...he was in Cali...

Advertisement
If Anyone Wants To Read About Freddie Miles.....Google Freddie Miles- Life On A Highwire......written by a former classmate..
Gives you an idea about Freddy and his undoing....Great Short Story.

I know Eddie Brown (referenced by many on the fastest canes thread) pretty well and he still talks about how talented Freddie Miles was in HS.

Duke Johnson and it wasn’t even close saw him against wakulla in the state game had already seen highlights so I had to make the ride to Orlando and man he was just different it was almost sad how bad he ****ted on them boys

Advertisement
We played against Dan Morgan in high school. He was incredible. He was bigger and faster than pretty much everyone else on the field. His Taravella team was terrible and everyone knew he was getting the ball every play. He still ran over and away from everyone.

This is 100%accurate, DL and LB's at Gibbons coundnt practice the week after playing Tarravella.

I think you are either confusing me with someone else, or someone had my name on a different forum because I never posted on Grassy man.

And to continue the thread theme, it is DJ Williams at De La Salle for me
I think it was random walk who was chatting up Freddie over on Grassy.

either way, the dude was right.

There are some very comprehensive articles on Miles on the web. Can you imagine what a lot for us would give to have God-given talent like he had?

When people talk about Miles sometimes it's like they've seen Jesus...it's like something you can't imagine how good he was. I wonder if there's some tape. So many good players have come out of Dade but he was above all of them.

let me say, it's all true. you saw what Freddie could do on the field, it WAS like seeing jesus.

I met joe Brodsky years before he died, and he said Freddie was the best he ever saw, and he would go to his grave believing that. he died 2 years later

Advertisement
let me say, it's all true. you saw what Freddie could do on the field, it WAS like seeing jesus.

I met joe Brodsky years before he died, and he said Freddie was the best he ever saw, and he would go to his grave believing that. he died 2 years later
Red Square...They gonna learn that I don't BS......Soldinger said Freddie had NO EQUAL

Sammie Smith, Apopka...Different level of speed
Had a HUGE game against us in 87...200+ yds......BUT....They took him out for a rest....
1st play FSU RB/QB mishandled the handoff....Bennie Blades recovered....Then Walsh too Irvin for GW TD....

Advertisement
Back