Best HS FB Player You PERSONALLY Saw Play

Both of these guys played for enemy squad's in college....so F them, but

Defense - Corey Simon - Went to High School with him and he was the baddest man on the field every game
Offense - Chris Leak - I moved to Charlotte after college and to see a high school quarterback consistently dropping dimes and back shoulder throws back then was amazing.

Advertisement
Anquan Boldin greatest QB I ever seen play at the high school level also the hardest hitting safety!!! Hands down it’s not even close

Definitely was Boldin for me until I saw Sean Taylor.

Takeo Spikes. I saw him hit a dude so hard on a kickoff (helmet to helmet), I swore I saw sparks come from the kids helmet. No lie..... well maybe just a small fabrication or a camera flash at the time of impact.

Both of these guys played for enemy squad's in college....so F them, but

Defense - Corey Simon - Went to High School with him and he was the baddest man on the field every game
Offense - Chris Leak - I moved to Charlotte after college and to see a high school quarterback consistently dropping dimes and back shoulder throws back then was amazing.
So you went to Cooley High LOL!

Advertisement
I had the unfortunate experience of playing in the same region as the Charlton County Indians and their cot**** never ending string of Baileys. I got some time in at safety in a game that Champ single-handedly hung about a thousand points on us.

Not sure many here ever experience a full fledged hit that does affect whole body, as a freshmen in high school first day in pads in a bull drill I got hit by our senior MLB 6'2 220 ready for D-1 play.

I got up fast I 6'1 230 myself and I wondered why everything seem like 331/3 old time record playing sound and I had a vomit type feeling (didn't happen though) wandering around lost till others saw this I was out on my feet till swelling salt snaps woke me up standing up.

THAT'S WHAT ALL THESE VICTIMS OF THESE HIT ARE FEELING LIKE THE CLEMSON TE HIS MISTAKE HE FELL.....LOOK AT HIS FACE THAT WAS MINE STANDING UP, NOT A GOOD FEELING.

Now you who haven't played now that feeling.

GOCANES

Advertisement
When I was in HS we played Carol City the year they won the state championship (2003 I believe). Willie Williams was amazing. He's up there.

Also saw Tyrone Moss from Ely play my sophomore year, I was on JV and they carved up our varsity.

When I covered high school football in Texas, Deionte Thompson at West Orange-Stark (the DB at Bama now) is another one of the best I've ever seen.

On Long Island...
Morlon Greenwood (Freeport High teammate)
Amos Zereoue

Ft. Lauderdale
Followed my brothers 1999/2000 Piper team with Quad Hill, Derrick Vickers, Jason Ridley, and others. Most of them had the talent, but fizzled out. My brother went the smart route and got his engineering degree from Bucknell instead of playing football at Youngstown St.

I lived on Long Island for a few years when I was young, I went to Baldwin (never was a Freeport fan lol).

Advertisement
ST26 was the best player I have ever seen play. Had the chance to play against Gore, Andre Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, but since I played OL, I watched them tear it up from the sidelines.

The best player I every played against was Elvis Dumervil. Dude was out of this world good.

My teammate Darrel Sheppard was talented as f uck.

Advertisement
I just remembered, there was a RB at Ely named Rod Baker...kid was phenomenal but a slime ball. Got busted for robbing gas stations in Palm Beach. Tony Russell was his coach. He quit and went to some small colleges to coach and I think he bailed Rod out of jail to allow him to play...but then his robberies continued where ever he went. Tony Russell had a son Twan Russell who played for the U and his dad got a position at the U and he is the one who got us in trouble getting false scholarship monies. Twan was a good kid but his Dad had no morals, if I recall correctly he had a drug problem...not 100% sure as this was a long time ago but if my memory serves me right this is what happened.

Last edited:
I just remembered, there was a RB at Ely named Rod Baker...kid was phenomenal but a slime ball. Got busted for robbing gas stations in Palm Beach. Tony Russell was his coach. He quit and went to some small colleges to coach and I think he bailed Rod out of jail to allow him to play...but then his robberies continued where ever he went. Tony Russell had a son Twan Russell who played for the U and his dad got a position at the U and he is the one who got us in trouble getting false scholarship monies. Twan was a good kid but his Dad had no morals, if I recall correctly he had a drug problem...not 100% sure as this was a long time ago but if my memory serves me right this is what happened.
100% Spot on.....Pell Grant Fraud

Advertisement
Back