Best HS FB Player You PERSONALLY Saw Play

Springs High, and the quarterback was Carl Sheffield. I remember that because my godmother still laughs to this day about how bad of a reader he(Sheffield) was...
Rattler....I give you.....(I put Douglas instead of Sheffield originally)......Rattler......They just can't imagine....the people 45+ know....Run through you....around you....by you.....over you....There's a reason when you mention his name in Dade...people's heads turn...........40yrs after the fact....

Advertisement
Springs High, and the quarterback was Carl Sheffield. I remember that because my godmother still laughs to this day about how bad of a reader he(Sheffield) was...
Rattler....here ya go

Attachments

• Freddie_Miles....jpg
    Freddie_Miles....jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 3
Samari Rolle scored like seven TDs against us back in 93-94. There was nobody on the field that night who could come close to touching him. Second place Magic Benton.

Advertisement
I’m in the Sarasota-Bradenton area. A lot of Noles and Gators come out of here. But the best I saw were

Peter Warrick
Tommie Frazier
Adrian McPherson
Sam Shields
Terrance Jones

Might not have been on the level as Simms but Nigel Bradham was an animal at Wakulla.

Those Lincoln teams from around '04 -'09 impressed me. They had Brandon Paul and Fred Rouse. After they left, they reloaded with BJ Daniels, Jawanza Starling, and TJ Bryant. Buck Allen was a freshman on that squad too.
Boosters took really good care of Bradham too lmao.
BP was fast af
Fred rouse would’ve been another great outta that area but sad to say it was one of those “saw it coming” with him and getting in trouble. No surprise he “left” FSU.
I was happy as **** when BJ came back up to tally and beat them at home. Lol

Frank Gore
Corey Kinsey
Markeith Cooper
Sean Taylor
Bobby Washington
Ty Hilton
Lamarcus Joyner
Antwan Easterling
Stedman Bailey
Willie Williams
Amari cooper
Tyrique Stevenson (hope we sign him)

Names that I would get from older friends:

Demetrius Brown ( from beach high. started at qb for Michigan in the rose bowl)
Freddie Miles

Advertisement
He was a year older than me but I played PeeWee football with him before I moved from North Hills in 6th grade. He eventually started killing people then to the point where everyone knew he was going to be special. I remember the cornball moms that ran the youth booster program even wrote a poem dedicated to him that was in our awards banquet program. It's no wonder he apparently was a beyond full of himself in actual high school.

Probably a good thing he went to Pedo State as he only had to deal with his ego clashing with Paterno. Might've had some physical altercations in the Miami locker room.

I was a year older than him. I remember watching film on them when I was in 10th grade (Lavar started at tailback as a freshman). Our head coach at the time (Nick Rapone - he was most recently the defensive backs coach for the Arizona Cardinals - he coached at our high school for a couple of years in between jobs - said you’d see him play on Sundays). Rapone knew when Lavar was in 9th grade that he was going pro.

Freddie Miles is a legend, anybody in my neighborhood that saw him play will say he's the greatest player to come from around the way. And that's including guys like Willis McGahee and T.Y. Hilton...

You and I agree on this 100% …. there was Freddie, and then everybody else!

Advertisement
I've personally seen the following HS RBs Play.....
Emmit
Gore
Bobby Washington
Marquette Smith
Elvis Peacock
McGahee
Noel Devine
Duke
And too many others to count.......
Freddie was better than ALL of them.....

Defensively for me...Top 3
* Willie Williams (100% certain)
* Wilbur Marshall
* Derrick Thomas
Offensively....
* Freddie Miles (WITHOUT question...The Best HS FB Player I've EVER seen...that's 40yrs of watching Fl HS FB...)
* Jammi German
* Noel Devine....

Emmitt Smith. Pensacola Escambia.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back