Best CFB coach and to think could've been ours

Advertisement
I like Mullen; but, I like our guy more.

This, Rick is a better fit for Miami I think

That's BS. Mullen is the type of coach Miami would flurish under. Mark isnt the guy to get it done. Decent hire but not the coach Miami needs.

One season at Miami tells you this?

Yes, his one season at Miami, which is included with his entire resume at UGA. I think earlier in his career he would have been a better fit here. I'm not alluding to the idea that he is a bad coach at all. However, I do believe that Miami would be a terror under a coach like Mullen.

Bruh he is in SEC West! A good 3-4 years there is amazing at MSU. You clearly don't know football

He's had one 10-win season in 8 years and never won the division and came close once. That's not good anywhere.

It's Mississippi State.

And he's making sure it stays that way. Art Briles, Gary Pinkel, Mike Gundy, and Chip Kelly didn't use those excuses especially after 8 seasons, good lord. You're allowed to turn around a meddling program after 8 seasons.

He's at a bottom barrel program. In that recruiting region he's competing with established big dogs for high caliber recruits. I'm sure you understand that certain programs are harder to turn around than others, right? MSU is one of those programs.

That's horse****, MSU is no more difficult to turn around than any of those programs I mentioned. Their program is getting about $40 million per year, which is about $15 million more than your average power 5 team. No excuse there after 8 seasons.

Dan big dic Mullen!!! Who was the comepinga who interviewed the guy and didn't take him?! He is the ****

This is a joke post correct? I mean Mullin isn't a bad coach but we have a coach who has done a ton more then him. **** only 3 coaches have won more games in thier first 15 years then Richt. And teamed with UM he is going to become a monster . I fully epect to make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons and win a title in the next 5-6 years.

Advertisement
He's had one 10-win season in 8 years and never won the division and came close once. That's not good anywhere.

It's Mississippi State.

And he's making sure it stays that way. Art Briles, Gary Pinkel, Mike Gundy, and Chip Kelly didn't use those excuses especially after 8 seasons, good lord. You're allowed to turn around a meddling program after 8 seasons.

He's at a bottom barrel program. In that recruiting region he's competing with established big dogs for high caliber recruits. I'm sure you understand that certain programs are harder to turn around than others, right? MSU is one of those programs.

That's horse****, MSU is no more difficult to turn around than any of those programs I mentioned. Their program is getting about $40 million per year, which is about $15 million more than your average power 5 team. No excuse there after 8 seasons.

Right.
You understand who he's competing with for recruits, right? (in that region of the country)

Meh, part of being a top coach is the ability to recruit. I don't care if you win 8 games with **** talent. Why can't you recruit better players? That's part of your job. Mullen's not at some mid major where he has no access to 4 and 5 star players. He's at an SEC school with one of the biggest athletic budgets in the nation. Get better players or just be an 8 win coach.

It's Mississippi State.

Right.
You understand who he's competing with for recruits, right? (in that region of the country)

You understand how drastically recruiting has changed right? Anywhere they recruit Alabama and LSU will recruit. Anywhere WE recruit Alabama and LSU will recruit. They have more than enough money for coaches, facilities and recruiting to be a top tier program. They are paying Dan Mullen more than we're paying Richt. More than Tennessee is paying Butch Jones. More than Georgia's paying Kirby Smart. More than Washington is paying Chris Petersen. It's not easy, I'm not saying that. But if we are going to start saying this guy would've been a good fit here, I'd want to see him build something more for a program that is trying a lot harder than other programs to win.

Meh, part of being a top coach is the ability to recruit. I don't care if you win 8 games with **** talent. Why can't you recruit better players? That's part of your job. Mullen's not at some mid major where he has no access to 4 and 5 star players. He's at an SEC school with one of the biggest athletic budgets in the nation. Get better players or just be an 8 win coach.

Cause it ain't that easy. He's competing with well established programs that have won National Championships in this lifetime. There's only so many recruits in the Mississippi/Alabama/Texas area.

You expect him to beat Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, etc for top recruits?

C'mon now.

Advertisement
How is Mullen's tenure at MSU any different than Saban's tenure at Michigan State?

How come Nick Saban couldn't elevate lil' ol' Michigan State to the promise land?

Again, winning at one school can be much harder than winning at another school. If the job was equally easy/difficult then coaches wouldn't move around so much. Mullen's ceiling at MSU might only be 9/10 wins but at another school he might be a championship level guy.

Some of you don't wanna give Mullen the same leeway and excuses that you gave Richt.

How is Mullen's tenure at MSU any different than Saban's tenure at Michigan State?

How come Nick Saban couldn't elevate lil' ol' Michigan State to the promise land?

Again, winning at one school can be much harder than winning at another school. If the job was equally easy/difficult then coaches wouldn't move around so much. Mullen's ceiling at MSU might only be 9/10 wins but at another school he might be a championship level guy.

Some of you don't wanna give Mullen the same leeway and excuses that you gave Richt.

Saban was only at MSU for 4 years. So Mullen's is either average at best or dumb *** fck for staying at a program he can't turn around.

Saban was only at MSU for 4 years. So Mullen's is either average at best or dumb *** fck for staying at a program he can't turn around.

It ain't his decision whether he goes or not. He can't make a bigger program hire him. He needs his "break".

(and Saban was at MSU for 5 seasons)

That didn't answer my question either.

How are Mullen's "under achievements" at Miss State any different than Saban's mediocre tenure at MSU?

Advertisement

How are Mullen's "under achievements" at Miss State any different than Saban's mediocre tenure at MSU?

Of course it's his choice to stay or leave. If he is so good why is he at a college he " can't turn around "

Mullen's has had 2 losing seasons at MSU Saban didn't have any losing seasons at MSU. MSU was 0-11 the year before Saban got there.

Do you think Dantonio is a better coach than Saban?

Advertisement
Miss st for eons was known as the dregs of the sec right there with vandy

LSU had 2 winning seasons in the 11 years before Saban got there. But seriously let's stop comparing Saban and Mullen's its fcking retarded. One of the best college coaches of all time and a guy who really hasn't done ****.

Of course it's his choice to stay or leave. If he is so good why is he at a college he " can't turn around "

Mullen's has had 2 losing seasons at MSU Saban didn't have any losing seasons at MSU. MSU was 0-11 the year before Saban got there.

Do you think Dantonio is a better coach than Saban?

Leave and go where? Coaches don't just leave unless it's for a bigger gig. "I can't win an NC so let me just leave." LOL. It don't work like that.

And he has turned them around. Are you aware of how bad they were before he got there? Turning a program around doesn't mean you have to win an NC.

Saban is the best football coach in the world and he had two 6-6 seasons at MSU. (and a 6-5-1 season)

A few highlights from his tenure at MSU.

"and for the first time in school history, a fourth straight bowl berth."

"In 2014, Mullen led the Bulldogs to one of the greatest seasons in school history."

"A week later, they beat #2 Auburn, 38–23, which propelled them to the top spot in both major polls (as well as the inaugural College Football Playoff Top 25 —the highest ranking in Mississippi State's history, and the highest that any FBS team in Mississippi had been ranked at that late date in almost half a century."

"The Bulldogs finished 10–2 – only the third 10-win season in school history. This netted them an appearance in the Orange Bowl, where they lost to Georgia Tech, 49–34, the third major bowl appearance in school history, after the 1937 Orange Bowl and the 1941 Orange Bowl."

Sounds to me like he's given MSU more success than they've ever seen. I'd say that's a good indication of turning a program around, when you've taken a program higher than any previous coach has before. You don't have to appear in a National Championship to turn a program around.

Advertisement
Back