Best CFB coach and to think could've been ours

Advertisement
Mullen is a good coach, but also a major *******. He gets away with being an ******* at MSU, but would have trouble at other jobs. Why do you think he is still in the $EC West playing Bama, Auburn, LSU etc every year?

Count me in the Butch corner having said that something about miss. St smells like a cheater and I'm happy with CMR

Advertisement
Why, because he has a decent every 3-4 years?

Bruh he is in SEC West! A good 3-4 years there is amazing at MSU. You clearly don't know football

He's had one 10-win season in 8 years and never won the division and came close once. That's not good anywhere.

It's Mississippi State.

And he's making sure it stays that way. Art Briles, Gary Pinkel, Mike Gundy, and Chip Kelly didn't use those excuses especially after 8 seasons, good lord. You're allowed to turn around a meddling program after 8 seasons.

He's at a bottom barrel program. In that recruiting region he's competing with established big dogs for high caliber recruits. I'm sure you understand that certain programs are harder to turn around than others, right? MSU is one of those programs.

Mullen is a good coach, but also a major *******. He gets away with being an ******* at MSU, but would have trouble at other jobs. Why do you think he is still in the $EC West playing Bama, Auburn, LSU etc every year?

This. If he was this wizard guru people made Sumlin out to be hed already gad one of a dozen great openings past few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't always have to be mutually exclusive with you guys. Richt and Mullen are very different coaches who can both be very successful at Miami, just different paths to it.

They each have their strengths.

Mullen's philosophy with South FL talent, especially at QB, would be deadly at UM and would regularly destroy most of the ACC. I mean embarass. He is crass though, and runs himself into a buzzsaw against someone he shouldn't. He would drop 70 on VT, completely depants Foster, and then lose to GT 17 to 12 when his TOP is only 8 minutes.

Richt, we know the deal. He will win the games he's supposed to. He's polished and methodical. Can he amass the elite talent and push them one step farther to win the 50/50 games and the one's where he's the underdog? Wasn't his track record at UGA, especially against UiF. Will the more direct and confrontational recruiting battles with them push him to be ruthless in 2019? I don't know. We'll see.

Again, both are great coaches and both can succeed here. Somewhere in the middle of them both is probably the perfect mix.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Lol BoRtch Davis

Football Gods dont lose to East Carolina.

Well, Saban lost 13-10 while at LSU to Alabama-Birmingham, lost at Alabama 21-14 to Louisiana-Monroe, lost again at Alabama to Utah 31-17, and lost again while at Alabama to South Carolina 35-21.

Next time you get a thought - don't.

Advertisement
Mullen was the brains behind Urban Liar's offenses. Dude is a **** good coach and was my #1 choice before Richt dropped into our laps, but er probably win less games last yr if he's our coach, as Kaaya isn't his kind of QB (wasn't really Richt's either), and neither is Perry who we probably would've stopped recruiting.

Funnily enough, Diaz would probably be our DC still.

I'm curious to hear opinions on how Mike Gundy would be a fit here. Nothing against Richt. Just curious.

Also I have to wonder what direction Richt would go in if he decided to hire an OC and how much we would be willing to spend on a proven OC.

There was a rumbling that Gundy was Jimmy's choice to coach. I don't think he leaves his alma mater unless T. Boone Pickens forces him out, but if he ever came to Miami, I don't see anyone realistically competing with us for the next decade. We'd be a legit threat to score 100 points every game.

Bruh he is in SEC West! A good 3-4 years there is amazing at MSU. You clearly don't know football

Lsu is trash...

Not on defense they're not. Never have been.

Their defense is trash this year too... slow, can't tackle, dbs unimpressive.

So they just completely fell off? They were 3rd in the SEC last year but this season they're trash?

Trash
http://s.nola.com/oGzlc6a

Advertisement
Lol BoRtch Davis

Well, Saban lost 13-10 while at LSU to Alabama-Birmingham, lost at Alabama 21-14 to Louisiana-Monroe, lost again at Alabama to Utah 31-17, and lost again while at Alabama to South Carolina 35-21.

Lol at comparing Botch Davis with Nick Saban.

Botch Davis is irrelevant and has been for 15+ years.

0-2 vs East Carolina with Miami kids.

Lol BoRtch Davis

Ignore User

Yet recruited and developed the greatest team of all time. Try again.

Advertisement
Can't get my reply with quote or edit post to work properly. Oh and to add he built that team with near death penalty sanctions. I'm happy with Richt but hate when people discredit what Butch did.

After the OP made his case in front of me......here is my reaction:

giphy.gif

Lol BoRtch Davis

You used an example of a loss to throw shade on Butch Davis.

I used multiple examples of losses to demonstrate that even the best coaches on occasion lose games they shouldn't.

That extra chromosome you were blessed with really must be frustrating sometimes.

Advertisement
Back