Best CFB coach and to think could've been ours

Advertisement
Just can't let it go huh.. if he was good as you think he would have that program rolling by now and it sure wouldn't have any business losing to south alabama

He is as good as I think he is.

He's...GOOD. Not elite.

Pretty sure he's had the program "rolling" before. He's no different than any other coach in that he has his up and down years. (usually depending on personnel, youth, etc)

What do you expect Mullen to do every year? Should he be expected to go 10-2 every year...at fvckin' Miss State...in that conference?

Hey genius you are the one that called him a STUD coach. Now take the abuse like a good little waterboy.

I don't think you can compare Richt and Mullen. Richt's record against AP Top 25 programs may not be similar to Saban or Meyer's, but it's a lot better than 2-15. Talent-wise, Richt helped himself out in that department. UGA before Richt's tenure was just a middling program; Richt himself brought that program to where it was a strong SEC team year-in and year-out. Mullen, although he plays in a tough division every year (outside of Bama they're pretty weak now), his teams getting blown out don't paint him in a good light as a coach - especially if some want to call him one of the best in cfb.

Your resume/bio does not say "first/only time in school history" if you're not doing a good job.

This is like calling the guy at Douglas High School a bad coach cause he goes 6-4/7-3 every year but gets beat by the likes of Cardinal Gibbons, Deerfield and Plantation.
Or calling Mark Guandolo a bad coach cause he could never get past Miramar every year.

You MF's have no concept of the fact that "good job" means something different at every school.

**** near every elite college coach's first gig is a "can't get over the hump" tenure.
Nobody is saying he's elite. But saying he's not a good coach is just plain dumb.

according to macho coaches should be judged by how many "First" they have on resume, that'll determine how good they are... FOH who gives a s h I t mullen is trash dude, accept it.

I had no idea he was 2-15 against ranked teams until they brought it up on game day. With all the talent he's had there I can't believe his record is that bad

He's the worst coach in the AP Poll era in ranked vs. ranked games.

Dead last.

LOL at CoRch Macho.

Advertisement
How'd he do in the games that mattered?

Georgia has 4 "rival" games.

10-5 vs. Tennessee
10-5 vs. Auburn
13-2 vs. Georgia Tech
5-10 vs. Florida

Went 33-12 against the top three. Dominated them.

Struggled with Florida.

Looks like he did a lot better than Mullen even if we adjust for talent advantage.

Should he be expected to go 10-2 every year...at fvckin' Miss State...in that conference?

The SEC right now is the weakest it's been since at least the turn of the century.

It's been this average for at least 3 years now.

Yet Dan Mullen is finishing next to last in his division.

I don't think you can compare Richt and Mullen. Richt's record against AP Top 25 programs may not be similar to Saban or Meyer's, but it's a lot better than 2-15.

Let's not get it mixed up here.

Mullen is 2-15 when his team is ranked too.

So in games where both teams are ranked (which means of similar stature) his teams are 2-15.

You MF's are going hard on Mullen for the same issues that Richt had at UGA. The hypocrisy. LOL

All we're saying is that Mullen is a good coach. His ceiling at MSU may be between 8-4/10-2 but that's good for that program. A coRch wouldn't do even that much at Miss State. Not in that conference.

Muthafvckin' Richt got fired for not being able to take UGA over the hump. Dude had some of the best talent in the whole fvckin' country and his record against ranked opponents is mediocre.

Judge your own coach the same way you judge others, you fvckin' biased a$$ hypocrites.

99% of coaches are fired for underachieving, what's your point? Please don't try to parallel these guys.

You're right, they're not parallel. Richt has worked with 10x more talent.

He was also one of the winningest coaches in college football. 4th overall I believe.

How'd he do in the games that mattered?

How'd he do against ranked opponents?

What exactly got him fired?

I'm not on the Georgia BOT, so I'm not sure why he was fired. I don't think their decision to fire him is proof that he was worthy of being fired.
He had 8 top 10 finishes in 14 seasons (they had 2 in the 17 seasons previous to his arrival). You don't get that without winning meaningful games.

Advertisement
Updated

SEC West Rank
Year 1: Last place
Year 2: Second to last
Year 3: Second to last
Year 4: 4th place
Year 5: 5th place
Year 6: 2nd place
Year 7: Second to last
Year 8: Second to last
Year 9: 5th place

Out of conference wins: CHSO, LT, BYU, UMASS
Conference wins: LSU, KY, TA&M, ARK

Based on that, they were the highest ranked 3 loss team in the country going into this week. Slurpers gonna slurp. Can't wait for next year's narrative by ESPN and the brainless on our board propping the SEC and Mullens up again.

Updated

SEC West Rank

Based on that, they were the highest ranked 3 loss team in the country going into this week. Slurpers gonna slurp. Can't wait for next year's narrative by ESPN and the brainless on our board propping the SEC and Mullens up again.

They lost. Granted they lost their QB but Ole Miss is awful.

Take away Mullen’s record against D2 and directional schools and he’s just above .500. Take away his abysmal record against ranked teams and he closer to .500, maybe even just below. So, at best, he wins half the time when he coaches against a team of similar status.

Average coach.

Advertisement
Butch Davis is a football God.

Really dude!? Go root for FIU

Butch Davis is a football God.

Don't let Butch Davis the football God trigger you like this.

He gave us our last NC you insolent ***aloon.

As far as i know Buth hasn't won a natty
You should show some respect Coach Butch Davis since he did put together the best players in history! And if not for bull**** obvious ***** jobs, Canes should have won 3 straight NC’s(Drops mic)

Dan big dic Mullen!!! Who was the comepinga who interviewed the guy and didn't take him?! He is the ****

Must follow Mullen around like a lost puppy... hahahaha I hope you really regret posting this nonsense! Mullen?? He’s garbage!! Didn’t the Turds fire him? Oh no he was the offensive coordinator during the Tebow years, Urban Meyers lap dog.....Garbage!!!

Last edited:
Updated

SEC West Rank

Wow good looks

I got in a Twitter war simplay asking Ralph Russo why so many teams wanted to hire Mullen when he's Average a few weeks ago.

He's 2-16 in ranked matchups ( meaning he has no business being ranked)

Advertisement
It’s. Mississippi. State.

They. Lost. Their. Starting. QB.

Ole. Miss. Played. Their. Best. Game.

Mullen. Is. A. Good. Coach.

Really hope he leaves there so y’all can see how he was propping up that program.

And citing his record in ranked match-ups doesn’t prove anything. How many of those match-ups is he the favorite?

The fact that he’s had his team ranked as much as it is is an accomplishment, IMO.

Some of y’all knocking him the most would swear Jim Harbaugh is a great coach ...

Advertisement
Back