Best CFB coach and to think could've been ours

Advertisement
A few highlights from his tenure at MSU.

"and for the first time in school history, a fourth straight bowl berth."

"In 2014, Mullen led the Bulldogs to one of the greatest seasons in school history."

"A week later, they beat #2 Auburn, 38–23, which propelled them to the top spot in both major polls (as well as the inaugural College Football Playoff Top 25 —the highest ranking in Mississippi State's history, and the highest that any FBS team in Mississippi had been ranked at that late date in almost half a century."

"The Bulldogs finished 10–2 – only the third 10-win season in school history. This netted them an appearance in the Orange Bowl, where they lost to Georgia Tech, 49–34, the third major bowl appearance in school history, after the 1937 Orange Bowl and the 1941 Orange Bowl."

Sounds to me like he's given MSU more success than they've ever seen. I'd say that's a good indication of turning a program around, when you've taken a program higher than any previous coach has before. You don't have to appear in a National Championship to turn a program around.

Ever Seen? What year did MSU win their only divisional title?

"In 2014, Mullen led the Bulldogs to one of the greatest seasons in school history."

"A week later, they beat #2 Auburn, 38–23, which propelled them to the top spot in both major polls (as well as the inaugural College Football Playoff Top 25 —the highest ranking in Mississippi State's history, and the highest that any FBS team in Mississippi had been ranked at that late date in almost half a century."

"The Bulldogs finished 10–2 – only the third 10-win season in school history. This netted them an appearance in the Orange Bowl, where they lost to Georgia Tech, 49–34, the third major bowl appearance in school history, after the 1937 Orange Bowl and the 1941 Orange Bowl."

Sounds to me like he's given MSU more success than they've ever seen. I'd say that's a good indication of turning a program around, when you've taken a program higher than any previous coach has before. You don't have to appear in a National Championship to turn a program around.

All that **** I just wrote and a single division title is your rebuttal?

Miss st for eons was known as the dregs of the sec right there with vandy

LSU had 2 winning seasons in the 11 years before Saban got there.

Which is similar to MSU's situation before Mullen got there.

Yet Saban won a National Championship ( set up Miles for another title ) and made LSU on of the best football teams in the country year in and year out.

MSU football MEH

Mullen hasn't gotten to his LSU yet, moron.

Advertisement

He has 1 10 win season and ZERO division titles hes average, but i guess you prefer to d!ck ride average dudes.

Miss st for eons was known as the dregs of the sec right there with vandy

LSU had 2 winning seasons in the 11 years before Saban got there.

Which is similar to MSU's situation before Mullen got there.

Yet Saban won a National Championship ( set up Miles for another title ) and made LSU on of the best football teams in the country year in and year out.

MSU football MEH

Mullen hasn't gotten to his LSU yet, moron.

Because he is average, but he's definitely better than a water boy for some ****ty high school team.

Saban was mediocre at Michigan State.

He became a next level coach when he got to a next level program.

The same things you're saying about Mullen right now could've been said about Saban when he was at Michigan State. Matter of fact, I'd say Mullen has done better at MSU than Saban did at Michigan State.

Mullen might not be Saban (nobody is) but to sit here and say that he's not a stud coach because he couldn't take Mississippi ******* State to the promise land is flat-out retarded.

He has 1 10 win season and ZERO division titles hes average, but i guess you prefer to d!ck ride average dudes.

How the **** is he average when he's given MSU more success than they've seen from the all of their previous coaches?

You're retarded.

Advertisement
This is the same limp d!ck fa99ot that follows me around the board and mocks/negs me every chance he gets, like a 13 year stalker troll, yet he's too dumb to comprehend a simple comparison between two coaching tenures while at mediocre programs.

How the **** is he average when he's given MSU more success than they've seen from the all of their previous coaches?

You're retarded.

You act like average coaches haven't gave mediocre programs success. Ever think why you are still a water boy at a ****ty high school program? Because you suck.

You're retarded.

You act like average coaches haven't gave mediocre programs success. Ever think why you are still a water boy at a ****ty high school program? Because you suck.

He has given them success. (compared to what they're used to) Hence the reason his MSU resume has the term "in history" on it several times.

God, you're dense.

Advertisement

You're retarded.

He has given them success. (compared to what they're used to) Hence the reason his MSU resume has the term "in history" on it several times.

God, you're dense.

You said he is a STUD coach because he took a mediocre program and gave them SOME success. I mean I guess you think Golden was a STUD coach at Temple. Now go fetch me some gatorade boy.

**** anyone who aint behind coach Richt, making these kids men, making them better players and help'n some on their way to the league...no matter what help'n them to a better life...you aint down with Richt you can suck deez

I don't think Mullen sucks, I just don't think he's that great. The college game is littered with guys who have turned bad teams into OK ones. (Mike Leach, anyone?) The truly elite can turn OK programs into powerhouses. It's probably impossible to make MSU an actual powerhouse but Mullen's been there a while, he has to have had some kind of job offerings. Maybe he's staying in Starksville because it's one of the few places where you can make $4mil + and go 7-5 every year and not get fired.

Honestly, I think what Briles did at Baylor (minus the rapes) was far more impressive than what Mullen has done at MSU.

Advertisement
I don't think Mullen sucks, I just don't think he's that great. The college game is littered with guys who have turned bad teams into OK ones. (Mike Leach, anyone?) The truly elite can turn OK programs into powerhouses. It's probably impossible to make MSU an actual powerhouse but Mullen's been there a while, he has to have had some kind of job offerings. Maybe he's staying in Starksville because it's one of the few places where you can make $4mil + and go 7-5 every year and not get fired.

Honestly, I think what Briles did at Baylor (minus the rapes) was far more impressive than what Mullen has done at MSU.

And they are ok with that because ....????

... They know it's more success than they've been close to having in their recent history. And they're willing to pay a coach whatever it takes to keep them relevant. If Mullen EVER won the SEC, or qualified for the college playoff system, it would be a major sports miracle at Miss State, IMO.

Mullen is probably an *******. But he's also a REALLY good coach! Significantly better than average, IMO.

I'd go as far as saying LSU should have grabbed him, instead of Coach O. It ain't like he would be the first coach to leave an SEC West team for another SEC West team ...

... They know it's more success than they've been close to having in their recent history. And they're willing to pay a coach whatever it takes to keep them relevant. If Mullen EVER won the SEC, or qualified for the college playoff system, it would be a major sports miracle at Miss State, IMO.

Mullen is probably an *******. But he's also a REALLY good coach! Significantly better than average, IMO.

I'd go as far as saying LSU should have grabbed him, instead of Coach O. It ain't like he would be the first coach to leave an SEC West team for another SEC West team ...

Do you really think Mississippi State is the only team who was bad for a long time before getting better? TCU isn't cool with Gary Patterson going 7-5 or 6-6 almost every year. What were they before he took the job?

Every fan base wants to raise expectations. Maybe 7-5 is OK in Starksville now but how long before the fans get tired of Mullen never "breaking though" and winning the SEC? Georgia got tired of Mark Richt "only" winning 10 games every year.

Once again, this isn't some MAC school, this is an SEC school and Mullen is among the highest compensated coaches in all of college football.

Do you really think Mississippi State is the only team who was bad for a long time before getting better? TCU isn't cool with Gary Patterson going 7-5 or 6-6 almost every year. What were they before he took the job?

Every fan base wants to raise expectations. Maybe 7-5 is OK in Starksville now but how long before the fans get tired of Mullen never "breaking though" and winning the SEC? Georgia got tired of Mark Richt "only" winning 10 games every year.

Once again, this isn't some MAC school, this is an SEC school and Mullen is among the highest compensated coaches in all of college football.

Baylor and TCU are in Texas.

Comparing the ability to elevate a program in Texas to elevating a program in Mississippi is not a fair comparison, IMO. But we can agree to disagree ...

I also doubt Miss State fans will think as highly of themselves at UGA did. Some fans may elevate their expectations of Mullen ... But I doubt most will. Most will be satisfied with winning the Egg Bowl over Ole Miss and getting a decent bowl bid every year.

I know it's hard for Miami fans to comprehend being a fan of a team that is "just happy to be competitive" ... But for most schools, that's exactly what they want. And if their coach can keep them ranked in the top 25 ... All the better! Mullen is doing that at a program that hasn't seen success in decades ...

Advertisement
Back