Beckham Stadium Design Released

Beckham has already cut the stadium size down to 20K-25K in his presentation yesterday. Beckham also promised that stadium would NEVER be used during the daytime or when the Heat were playing so it would not interfere with Port traffic. Beckham promised most MLS games in the stadium would be on Saturday night when the Miami Heat were not using the AAA to reduce the objections from the Port/City/County over traffic and parking issues.

There is no way UM could play in a 25K stadium that can only be used at nights where UM has the 3rd pick of those night games for use. Beckham is just using the Canes to get the land he wants and has already tossed us under the bus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the parking scenario makes dodge island a no-go in my opinion. i know it is the best place to locate the stadium, from an aesthetic point of view, but logistically it doesnt work.

you have to park 6000 cars in downtown miami and then have the passengers walk to the stadium. does this seem reasonable? where is there 6000 parking spots available?

and for saturday afternoon games? give me a break!

the parking scenario makes dodge island a no-go in my opinion. i know it is the best place to locate the stadium, from an aesthetic point of view, but logistically it doesnt work.

you have to park 6000 cars in downtown miami and then have the passengers walk to the stadium. does this seem reasonable? where is there 6000 parking spots available?

There is plenty of parking in the downtown area on a Saturday. Plus, you can always leave your car parked at any of the Metrorail stations area and arrive at the location. The trolly service runs in the City of Miami and also up to Coral Gables Additionally, the FEC's Grand Central Station being built blocks away from the port, the train will run all the way up the east coast to Orlando. There's no need for a car If you want more parking. THey can use Virginia Key and Marine Stadium as parking Provide a ferry service which is a very, very short trip to port location from there. San Fran's AT&T Park and Yankee Stadium provide ferry service to their stadiums All this negativity and excuses for not going, to an obviously beautiful and great atmosphere location for only 6 days in the 365 days of the year is absurd. Give me a break ! Some people won't be happy unless you parachute them into their seats This location and atmosphere will be better than the old OB, which I loved

There is plenty of parking in the downtown area on a Saturday. Plus, you can always leave your car parked at any of the Metrorail stations area and arrive at the location. The trolly service runs in the City of Miami and also up to Coral Gables Additionally, the FEC's Grand Central Station being built blocks away from the port, the train will run all the way up the east coast to Orlando. There's no need for a car If you want more parking. THey can use Virginia Key and Marine Stadium as parking Provide a ferry service which is a very, very short trip to port location from there. San Fran's AT&T Park and Yankee Stadium provide ferry service to their stadiums All this negativity and excuses for not going, to an obviously beautiful and great atmosphere location for only 6 days in the 365 days of the year is absurd. Give me a break ! Some people won't be happy unless you parachute them into their seats This location and atmosphere will be better than the old OB, which I loved

Amazing how 400,000 people can somehow manage to get downtown, huh?

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2012/06/26/Franchises/Heat.aspx

167.jpg

This is the last thing I will say on this subject.

People want to talk about gameday experience at SLS, where the **** are you going to tailgate at Beckham Palace?? **** even at the OB you had all the surrounding neighborhoods to tailgate at. I still remember having to go to my seats hours before kick off in General Admission in the WEZ. The OB was a dump for years, ****** bathrooms, terrible concessions (although the arepas and kabobs stands on the corners were the ****), the most uncomfortable bleachers ever made by man!! We still always had a gr8 time win or lose. Since i questioned whether most of you even go to the games, do you people not know how to have a good time?? Sound like a bunch of pussies. When the **** has going to football games ever been luxurious?? You wanna be pampered and have all these nice amenities stay ur *** at home. If they go thru with the upgrades to SLS we will have an NFL stadium good enough for a Super Bowl, but not for you guys??

I go to every **** game at SLS, and am there when the gates open to tailgate no matter who the **** were playing against. I meet with the same caravan of people who know how to do these things right. They never ***** out due to marxist ******ry, or other beta related ****ery. We eat good food, smoke, and get as smashed as possible before going in to the stadium, but being sure to remain at least some what coherent so that we can fully absorb the sorry excuse for Miami football that we've put on display for the last decade.

I've done the same thing for big games and small games and my "game day experience" is always made better or worse by the product on the field. Once I'm in the stadium, everything outside of those white lines ceases to exist, aside from all the latina *** walking around.

Winning solves everything. Bottomline.

Advertisement
The traffic jam stuff is legitimate, except this isn't supposed to be a stadium for the next 3-5 years. It's supposed to be a stadium for 25 years from now when Downtown and Brickell merge to become a walkable urban part of a city. Miami is young. Think longer term. Whether it's at this site or somewhere else, at least all options should be explored.

I like the idea, but in 25 years people will be clamoring for a new, modern stadium yet again. :)

People want to talk about gameday experience at SLS, where the **** are you going to tailgate at Beckham Palace?? **** even at the OB you had all the surrounding neighborhoods to tailgate at. I still remember having to go to my seats hours before kick off in General Admission in the WEZ. The OB was a dump for years, ****ty bathrooms, terrible concessions (although the arepas and kabobs stands on the corners were the ****), the most uncomfortable bleachers ever made by man!! We still always had a gr8 time win or lose. Since i questioned whether most of you even go to the games, do you people not know how to have a good time?? Sound like a bunch of pussies. When the **** has going to football games ever been luxurious?? You wanna be pampered and have all these nice amenities stay ur *** at home. If they go thru with the upgrades to SLS we will have an NFL stadium good enough for a Super Bowl, but not for you guys??

I go to every **** game at SLS, and am there when the gates open to tailgate no matter who the **** were playing against. I meet with the same caravan of people who know how to do these things right. They never **** out due to marxist ******ry, or other beta related ****ery. We eat good food, smoke, and get as smashed as possible before going in to the stadium, but being sure to remain at least some what coherent so that we can fully absorb the sorry excuse for Miami football that we've put on display for the last decade.

I've done the same thing for big games and small games and my "game day experience" is always made better or worse by the product on the field. Once I'm in the stadium, everything outside of those white lines ceases to exist, aside from all the latina *** walking around.

Who are you even arguing with? This isn't a debate about how to enjoy a game or luxuries. What would be better for Miami football? A 40k+ stadium or the current situation with apparent potential for remodeling at SLS? I don't care how dedicated you are.

"MLS is seriously exploring having a joint stadium for MLS and UM football. In fact, he said MLS and UM are in "active discussions." Please see The Herald's story on the MLS stadium on our web site at this hour.

As I have written, MLS says it's still about 60 days from knowing whether a joint UM/MLS stadium is feasible. Even if MLS determines it's do-able, UM would need to somehow escape the final 18 years of its Sun Life Stadium lease for it to happen. UM has told MLS that it must have no fewer than 40,000 seats for UM to be interested in playing there. If the stadium is only for soccer, it likely would have a capacity of 20,000 to 25,000."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

People want to talk about gameday experience at SLS, where the **** are you going to tailgate at Beckham Palace?? **** even at the OB you had all the surrounding neighborhoods to tailgate at. I still remember having to go to my seats hours before kick off in General Admission in the WEZ. The OB was a dump for years, ****ty bathrooms, terrible concessions (although the arepas and kabobs stands on the corners were the ****), the most uncomfortable bleachers ever made by man!! We still always had a gr8 time win or lose. Since i questioned whether most of you even go to the games, do you people not know how to have a good time?? Sound like a bunch of pussies. When the **** has going to football games ever been luxurious?? You wanna be pampered and have all these nice amenities stay ur *** at home. If they go thru with the upgrades to SLS we will have an NFL stadium good enough for a Super Bowl, but not for you guys??

I go to every **** game at SLS, and am there when the gates open to tailgate no matter who the **** were playing against. I meet with the same caravan of people who know how to do these things right. They never **** out due to marxist ******ry, or other beta related ****ery. We eat good food, smoke, and get as smashed as possible before going in to the stadium, but being sure to remain at least some what coherent so that we can fully absorb the sorry excuse for Miami football that we've put on display for the last decade.

Who are you even arguing with? This isn't a debate about how to enjoy a game or luxuries. What would be better for Miami football? A 40k+ stadium or the current situation with apparent potential for remodeling at SLS? I don't care how dedicated you are.

I obviously wasn't talking to u, I was clearly ranting about whatever the **** I want in the 3,000th stadium thread thats been made. So **** off and let me yell at the clouds!!

To answer your question, if they renovate Sun-Life to compete for Super Bowls I just don't see how that wouldn't be best for the school. Given the current options. We are not baylor or stanford or any other school people wanna bring up that just build a fancy new stadium.

Advertisement

People want to talk about gameday experience at SLS, where the **** are you going to tailgate at Beckham Palace?? **** even at the OB you had all the surrounding neighborhoods to tailgate at. I still remember having to go to my seats hours before kick off in General Admission in the WEZ.

The gameday experience at SLS is terrible, forget about Beckham's Palace, I can't imagine another 18-19 years at SLS. The sea of orange empty seats makes me vomit. The lack of any homefield advantage makes it feel like a neutral site game. This has nothing to do with luxury either and I don't care about Beckham's plan...I care about what is best for our future.

To me SLS is like a 12 yo kid using his dad's suit. Sure it can be used by the kid but it looks ridiculous and it does not meet the kid's needs. The suit can even be a Gucci marseille suit, it doesn't matter. It looks stupid, it doesn't fit and offers nothing in terms of the kid's needs. Nobody is impressed either.

SLS is terrible on gameday.

We are not baylor or stanford or any other school people wanna bring up that just build a fancy new stadium.

There lies part of the REAL problem.

Baylor did it.

Tulane did it.

Northwestern is adding 220 Million JUST for football (they already have a stadium).

Priorities.net

Last edited:
"MLS is seriously exploring having a joint stadium for MLS and UM football. In fact, he said MLS and UM are in "active discussions." Please see The Herald's story on the MLS stadium on our web site at this hour.

As I have written, MLS says it's still about 60 days from knowing whether a joint UM/MLS stadium is feasible. Even if MLS determines it's do-able, UM would need to somehow escape the final 18 years of its Sun Life Stadium lease for it to happen. UM has told MLS that it must have no fewer than 40,000 seats for UM to be interested in playing there. If the stadium is only for soccer, it likely would have a capacity of 20,000 to 25,000."

Why don't you tell the parts about how the stadium has already been reduced to no larger than 25K and Beckham promised that stadium would never be used during the day time or when the Miami Heat were playing in the AAA to interfere with the Port of Miami?

"Beckham's group has had discussions with the University of Miami about a shared facility including Hurricanes football. That would require a minimum of a 40,000-seat facility, and it would create more complex issues for traffic and parking. Alschuler said the current focus is on a smaller facility that could be expanded to 35,000."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...mls-stadium-major-league-soccer-david-beckham

Why don't you tell the parts about how the stadium has already been reduced to no larger than 25K and Beckham promised that stadium would never be used during the day time or when the Miami Heat were playing in the AAA to interfere with the Port of Miami?

"Beckham's group has had discussions with the University of Miami about a shared facility including Hurricanes football. That would require a minimum of a 40,000-seat facility, and it would create more complex issues for traffic and parking. Alschuler said the current focus is on a smaller facility that could be expanded to 35,000."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...mls-stadium-major-league-soccer-david-beckham

The stadium's capacity was never reduced. That design and proposal is for a soccer-only facility. If UM gets involved after their 60 days of research, you'd see a new plan, a new stadium capacity and a new party line about how scheduling concerns.

Advertisement

People want to talk about gameday experience at SLS, where the **** are you going to tailgate at Beckham Palace?? **** even at the OB you had all the surrounding neighborhoods to tailgate at. I still remember having to go to my seats hours before kick off in General Admission in the WEZ.

The gameday experience at SLS is terrible, forget about Beckham's Palace, I can't imagine another 18-19 years at SLS. The sea of orange empty seats makes me vomit. The lack of any homefield advantage makes it feel like a neutral site game. This has nothing to do with luxury either and I don't care about Beckham's plan...I care about what is best for our future.

To me SLS is like a 12 yo kid using his dad's suit. Sure it can be used by the kid but it looks ridiculous and it does not meet the kid's needs. The suit can even be a Gucci marseille suit, it doesn't matter. It looks stupid, it doesn't fit and offers nothing in terms of the kid's needs. Nobody is impressed either.

It was good enough a few years ago to host a super bowl, and the ******* national championship. What is so terrible about it besides people not showing up?? With the renovations it would be good enough to get another super bowl. The seats closer to the field, all that fun stuff. Why would that be bad?? because you don't like it?? But its good enough for an NFL team, and a Super Bowl?? I understand our needs, but piggy backing on a MLS experiment for a 40,000 seat stadium built for soccer and football (hmmmm kinda like sun life huh??) is not it either.

What does Baylor or Tunlane have anything to do with Miami?? They are not comparable on ANY level?? None of those cities are even comparable to Miami or its surrounding areas, they don't have the corrupt city officials (besides NW in Chicago) that Miami has. They couldn't be any more polar opposites.

Please don't start a war of wording between our two ****ty local newspapers. I trust Barry Jackson more than any other hack staff writer on this. You just seem to be in denial that the school is in active discussions and that the timetable to know if it's even remotely feasible is 60 days. Disagree on merits (or lack thereof) but stop trying to spread false information that Beckham's group has settled on a 20-25k venue.

It was good enough a few years ago to host a super bowl, and the ****ing national championship. What is so terrible about it besides people not showing up?? With the renovations it would be good enough to get another super bowl. The seats closer to the field, all that fun stuff. Why would that be bad?? because you don't like it?? But its good enough for an NFL team, and a Super Bowl?? I understand our needs, but piggy backing on a MLS experiment for a 40,000 seat stadium built for soccer and football (hmmmm kinda like sun life huh??) is not it either.

What does Baylor or Tunlane have anything to do with Miami?? They are not comparable on ANY level?? None of those cities are even comparable to Miami or its surrounding areas, they don't have the corrupt city officials (besides NW in Chicago) that Miami has. They couldn't be any more polar opposites.

What are you not understanding here? It's not about and never will be about the amenities at SLS. It's TOO BIG A VENUE for us IN SUCH A REMOTE AREA. They could reconstruct it out of gold and that wouldn't change a thing. The mere fact that you said "What is so terrible about it besides people not showing up?? shows that you're missing the point.

Advertisement
The traffic jam stuff is legitimate, except this isn't supposed to be a stadium for the next 3-5 years. It's supposed to be a stadium for 25 years from now when Downtown and Brickell merge to become a walkable urban part of a city. Miami is young. Think longer term. Whether it's at this site or somewhere else, at least all options should be explored.

I like the idea, but in 25 years people will be clamoring for a new, modern stadium yet again. :)

Like I said in a subsequent post, I don't think it will happen, but we have to stop coming up with excuses and limitations for virtually everything.

It was good enough a few years ago to host a super bowl, and the ****ing national championship. What is so terrible about it besides people not showing up?? With the renovations it would be good enough to get another super bowl. The seats closer to the field, all that fun stuff. Why would that be bad?? because you don't like it?? But its good enough for an NFL team, and a Super Bowl?? I understand our needs, but piggy backing on a MLS experiment for a 40,000 seat stadium built for soccer and football (hmmmm kinda like sun life huh??) is not it either.

A few things.

1. You are confusing one person's needs with another.

The NFL (super bowl) needs a stadium that offers X, Y and Z. Those things are probably, high tech, plenty of seats and a stadium to represents the NFL (professionals).

The University of Miami needs a stadium that offers A, B, and C. Those things are probably, offer home field advantage (remember we're the home team) and an environment geared towards a college football team with about 45K-50K fans that can showcase our traditions (i.e. a place for us).

The NFL's needs may benefit us (i.e. high-tech stadium) but it doesn't make it the best fit for our needs (hence the ton of empty seats and lack of any game day experience). The college game and the professional game aren't the same thing either. In fact, the fact that it is good for the super bowl/NFL has little to do with whether it is good for us.

2. The MLS Part.

I don't really care where a joint venture/piggy backing comes from (we could pair with vibrator company for all I care) but if it gets us a stadium that is better fit for our needs AND provides a better game day experience....I am for it.

I am sick of SLS. It is terrible, I don't care if they renovate everything. This place will never work for what we really need. They can improve it (good luck) but if we stay there for the next 18-19 years expect a place that doesn't offer any real home field advantage.

3. Why do Tulane, Baylor and Northwestern matter?

All are private schools with similar enrollments (Tulane is smaller considerably). All have recently took the initiative to invest massively into their football programs (much more than us). They vary in terms of quality of education and the size of the investment, but it also demonstrates the priority of the school to get these projects done.

As for RE Prices nearby. We don't need to build in Coral Gables, we can find a place that works. We did hold a a ton of unused VACANT land by the old zoo but apparently we just sold that for the admin's priorities (the hospital's bleeding).

Tulane is in New Orleans and land it ain't cheap. They were able to get it done. Baylor (Waco) and NWU (Evanston) aren't expensive areas but they each sank 220-250 million into the project. Where is our school?

These schools are not opposites, they are just examples of private schools investing SERIOUS CAPITAL into projects they deemed to be priorities.

The stadium's capacity was never reduced. That design and proposal is for a soccer-only facility. If UM gets involved after their 60 days of research, you'd see a new plan, a new stadium capacity and a new party line about how scheduling concerns.

Who are you kidding that Beckham and Alschuler have any intention of building a stadium for UM. Beckham & Alschuler only want Canes fans support for politics to get his land and has already admitted they can't put UM games into that stadium that will be limited to only night games when the Heat aren't using the AAA.

"Alschuler did acknowledge the parking plan as outlined wouldn’t hold up if Beckham’s team succeeds in recruiting the University of Miami’s football team as a tenant. While the deal would deliver UM’s political cachet to Beckham’s stadium bid, the college team would also bring requirements for at least 40,000 seats — making the soccer venue twice the size of the Heat’s 19,000-seat AmericanAirlines Arena. College football games also take place during Saturday mornings and afternoons — boarding and departure times for cruise ships."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/25/4015851/beckham-making-case-for-remaking.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back