Barry Jackson reporting Lashlee Coming

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have some friends in the Midwest who follow SMU say if we get a good QB to run his system we will be extremely dangerous. Like 12-0 dangerous. But it comes down to finding the right QB. Thinking we can plug anyone into his scheme and it being BOOM! isn’t what his scheme is about. So hopefully Lashlee is a plan for bringing a grad transfer stop gap.

Advertisement
Yes it is ur right! I missread it.
It's all good. Let's just hope he can duplicate that here.
Two questions:

1) Are any of the five quarterbacks on UM's roster considered the equal of Shane Beuchell?
2) Can Miami's offensive line be brought to something close to the standard of SMU's by the start of the year?
Valid Questions. I do believe a good OC can mask dificiencies like the oline by getting the ball out of the qb's hands faster and getting him in a rhytm. I do believe he will help the QB's in the room as well. They were pretty balanced on offense as far as their pass run ratio. That alone can be a QB's best friend. Run the dang ball and stop throwing all over the place when the Defense knows that's what you're doing.

Watched several SMU games this season just enjoying their offense. Never would’ve expected this. Finally a spread offense!

Advertisement
I'm happy about it. It's good to get this over with. Everybody's been wanting a fast aggressive offense. Well now we're at least going to try it. If the change is anything like the shift from Donofrio was we'll be alright. Now I just want to know who RL wants for position coaches.

Advertisement
I think kids get excited about being in an offense that scores points. This should help recruiting.
Yes. But I think kids get enamored with the idea of playing for the Miami Hurricanes. See Lingard and others.

But then they play for two years in an offense that is not setting the world on fire....to outright failing. Then other schools start to look better and better, and the reasons that brought them to Miami fade to insignificance. Fix this, and the transfer problem largely goes away.

Another nobody to add to a staff full of freshmen in the game.

Yup. Let's see if his staff additions are all on par with bringing a bunch of no-names from Incarnate Word. First indication will be who he replaces Barry with or if he doesn't.

If he's comfortable with all of Penos' leftovers then we absolutely should conclude he has no real ability to bring anyone credible with him outside of being able to poach whatever SMU corches want a pay raise.

Color me not excited. Too many years of false promises and expectations to get excited until you see good improvement in games. I will hold judgement until I see actual results

Advertisement
Back