Barry Jackson reporting Lashlee Coming

What would be funny is if Lashlee gets Miami to 9 - 10 wins, wins the coastal, and Manny still loses his job. Just setting setting everything up for the next guy.
LMAO zero chance that would happen . Just even less then zero. Manny shows a big time improvement from year 1 to year 2 and our O puts up numbers he is here for the long haul. Suspect we win 10 games next season win the coastal . Your post is completely out of touch with reality. No one would want to fire a coach after he had the 2nd best season in 18 years .

Advertisement
Is he the perfect hire? No. Is he a good hire? Yes. His yards per play were better than Yost and Longo. They also played with more inexperience quarterbacks. That said, I wouldn't nitpick every stat. We went from playing super slow to racing down the field.

Miami fans could get a free car, they would complain about the color. Battered fans man. There was no one Manny could have brought in that would have made them happy. Lol.

I haven’t seen anybody in here be mad about this hire. Some of us are skeptical. It’s obviously better than Enos and a step in the right direction, and everybody is happy about that. I’m personally just not gonna get caught up in offseason Manny again. Idk how you can after this season. Let’s see the on field results first.

Heres the bottom line...

We wanted Enos gone....Manny got rid of him

We wanted a spread system... Manny hired Lashlee

I mean Im still someone who says if Manny sh*ts the bed next year hes gone but I'm gonna give some credit where its due. Is this the end all be all fix? No its not...theres still some other coaches that need to be gone as well

Advertisement
Rhett_Lashlee_-_Wikipedia_-_2020-01-03_20.16.29.png

Schematically, everyone is going to like this. He runs an up tempo spread and he's run the football when he's had a running back. He's going to go zoom zoom zoom. He checks off a few boxes for me, if I'm being honest.

We'll be more fun to watch next year if our team isn't actually full of bozos.

However...when you peel back the first layer of the onion, you see a more questionable hire.

Total Offense numbers are a bit skewered due to high volume of plays per game. His yards per as an autonomous offensive coordinator are middling. His 3rd Down Conversion and Red Zone % again, middling.

SP+ Offensive numbers are not kind to him either. Despite his offense being pretty high octane, the numbers don't favor him here either.

Will Miami's offense be improved next year? Absolutely. There is no way to go but up. Will our record get better? Yes. Is it enough to win the Coastal? ffs, it SHOULD be.

But I can't expect much more than that. I feel the hire is a bit of a slum.

I HOPE this is one of those scenarios where a suboptimal hire just so happens to find its perfect fit and there's a perfect storm here. We'll see. But I can't help but think this is Manny Diaz's attempt to put lipstick on a pig and get some of the heat off his back, even if its not the best hire. He's going to come in and say "we just signed an offensive coordinator that runs a high up tempo spread offense that finished Top 10 in the nation"...

I just hope that with a hire like this...which should come much cheaper, we can splurge on a WR Coach and OL Coach.

I also hope Rhett Lashlee drops $35,000 of his own new money and gets us one of these...SMU and LSU used this last year and their WRs improved by leaps and bounds.

THat machine is off the chain...

Advertisement
With @dsddcane deleting his thread and now this news coming out, there is something very odd going on behind the scenes.

Its either:

1) For Manny and Blake to save face they wanted to announce OC before Alonzo was brought on board.

OR

2) To try and sabotage the Alonzo hire they leaked Lashlee news since they know he wanted a role in hiring the OC (now he could have been evolved all along as @LuCane mentioned, but I agree that would be interesting to say the least).

JFC, I leave the board for an afternoon and early evening with my family and all **** breaks loose.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back