Barry Jackson reporting Lashlee Coming

Advertisement
6cb32cb3-4f57-49a0-bb34-4bb6b20ade00-large16x9_1280x960_60829P00AAMLQ.jpg

When you realize Lashlee put up 48 on FSU new coach and DC last year....

Advertisement
SP+ Offensive numbers are not kind to him either. Despite his offense being pretty high octane, the numbers don't favor him here either.
His offense was 28 in SP+ this year. 49 slots higher than Miami at 73. His first year I can't explain other than that's Dykes and his first year at SMU together.

Some interesting numbers as I'm digging around now that it's official:

• SMU was tied for 6th best in NCAA in total sacks allowed
• This was even with them running the 5th most plays in the country.
• They were 10th in the country in big plays (20 yards or more)

Advertisement
His offense was 28 in SP+ this year. 49 slots higher than Miami at 73. His first year I can't explain other than that's Dykes and his first year at SMU together.

Brother...it is what it is.

He's a sellable candidate for Manny Diaz this year. Look at the board...this hire has plenty of people excited and I guess thats the point. In theory, its what you want.

But as I've said, you peel back that first layer of the onion and he's not exactly set the world on fire every year he's been an OC.

In a perfect world, you're hoping to capture lightening in a bottle where his style and out personnel mesh for a great first year where it all works. And listen man...if we finish next year with the 28th SP+ Offense, we're winning the coastal and having a bit of a dream season. I fully expect my posts to get bumped and to get called out...but my takes are my takes, idk what to tell you. Its an acceptable, understandable hire. I'm not saying its trash...he's just low on the candidates I'd deem as "homerun".

This hire is like...a 5th pitch single with two outs with no one on in the bottom of the first.

What would be funny is if Lashlee gets Miami to 9 - 10 wins, wins the coastal, and Manny still loses his job. Just setting setting everything up for the next guy.
That would NEVER happen. MIAMI wins 9 games manny doesn’t lose his job despite what many would want on this board.

Look at the completion he faced as well. Seems some of the point totals were against decent to good teams.

37 against Arkansas St
41 against TCU
45 against Temple
48 against Memphis

There’s more but those stood out to me

Advertisement
Advertisement
2019 (SMU) - 27th
2018 (SMU) -105th
2017 (UConn) - 105th

The UConn offense made a pretty big jump in offense from 16 to 17.

absolutely stunned we got someone of his caliber, CMD and Blake both know it's all in this year.
wonder what happens with Oline coach berry ? need some portal help and some leadership to develop on O side of ball

Advertisement
Back