Barry Jackson reporting Lashlee Coming

Advertisement
Hopefully you are right.

I think we still have issues at QB; maybe one of the younger guys can step up and spark us.
O line is still suspect. I don’t buy the year of experience thing, particularly since we seemed to regress at the end of his season.
Glad we have McCloud back; smart move on his part. But our young lbs, even though athletic, are untested and unproven.
CB play is also an area of concern IMO. Blades and Burns flashed at times, but also got burned a bunch of times.
I think Ivey, Couch, and Williams will be better.. especially Couch. He’s going to be a good one. I just think we played good enough defense to win 10 games this year. Williams should be WAY better next season with a spread offense. Defense with Rousseau, the DTs, and Phillips, we should be deadly upfront again. Also, I think Brooks will be an AA candidate next season, just like Greg was this season. I hope we go after Lockett to coach special teams and help us recruit Dade better.

Advertisement
You're a bit dense. Buechele was replaced as a junior by a kid who will probably play H-Back if he makes it to the next level. I live in Austin and I can tell you first-hand that he really wasn't good when he was at UT.

Aside from Clemson, you could make an argument that the AAC is a better conference than the ACC right now, so by that logic, how would hiring Kevin Johns be any different?

He threw for 3k his freshman year and played for bad Texas teams. I never said he was a future pro or was a Heisman candidate, I said he was the best QB in that conference when he walked in there.

I like John’s offense more. Not to mention he’s got about a decade more experience than Lashlee as well.

We shall see. I personally am not going to get excited about it until I see the product on the field. While I think its a good hire, I thought the same about Enos and look how that turned out.

Glad somebody understands my skepticism

Advertisement
The point here is after the train wreck that our offense was this season, can we all agree we are HAPPY b/c:

1- Enos is gone;
2- We will implement a spread concept;
3- This guy produced results as an OC.?

I mean, yes, Enos and his long list of ill fated predecessors have rightfully made us wary of the " new guy", but cmon, lets exhale and be content to mildy pleased?

"Under the direction of Lashlee in 2019, SMU ranked ninth in the country in total offense while averaging 489 yards per game. They also ranked seventh in the country while averaging 41 points per game. "
So that's not elite???
Yes it is ur right! I missread it.

Advertisement
"Under the direction of Lashlee in 2019, SMU ranked ninth in the country in total offense while averaging 489 yards per game. They also ranked seventh in the country while averaging 41 points per game. "
So that's not elite???
Two questions:

1) Are any of the five quarterbacks on UM's roster considered the equal of Shane Beuchell?
2) Can Miami's offensive line be brought to something close to the standard of SMU's by the start of the year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back