Barry jackson new article

Advertisement
Look at next years schedule and the 2020 surge class that Richt has lined up so far....I think your statement needs to be re-evaluated. I will say this again...One bad year does not mean we should close down the program.

Stop the drama...****!

Love it when people look a full cycle ahead of recruiting. You do realize that Golden at one point had the #1 class in 2016? Yeah.....didn't end up #1.

Look at the schedule next year and tell me where we lose more rhan one game. It's not because we are good that I make this statement it's because the teams we face will be very much below average. i see Miami going 9-1 or even 10-0. And before anyone kills me for this reply please look at the schedule. It's a cake walk compared to this years schedule and that's saying something.

If Richt can't navigate losing less than 2 games he needs to be fired because he will never see a weaker schedule then the one ge sees next year.

Are you fcking kidding? This **** again? We just lost 4 straight this year to UVA, BC, Duke and GT. There's not one UM fan on here with one functional brain cell that would state outright hat we're guaranteed to go 9-1 or 10-0 (btw, we play 12 regular season games, bud).

Remember MRs VA halftime words “ Malik is a warrior and has been through many wars and gives us the best chance to win”. That was it, the unrecoverable flat spin into the abyss. The epitome of coaching scared, and what it actually did was pull the curtain on the “Great Facade” and show the world how pathetic our system and offensive staff truly are. Actually quite ball-less in blaming players and proclaiming the fans ignorant aka Al Golden. I could send a seal team to the sand box armed w BB guns and say they will be adequate weapons if you execute their use properly. That’s what he’s doing w this sheet system he’s running from yesteryear. So I’m not surprised we lost our commits. We are a frigging joke. Probably brings Malik as a grad assistant QB coach.

WTF?!?! This is beyond depressing. It's like every thread lately is a field goal kick straight to the ballsack. Is this the real life? How did we go from #2 a year ago to this??? Is Mark Richt dead? Is this some Weekend at Burnie schit?? WHAT DA FUUUUKKK!!!

Advertisement
But isn't it sad that pressure has to be applied to a guy who's been a HC for 20 years? Shouldn't he be able to evaluate the program and see what areas need to be improved on? Does this not concern anyone else?
this could not have been said any better +1000

Richt might be receiving some pressure to make changes but it's easier for him to keep things as they are and live with the consequences. And if he fails and gets fired in 2019 he's got a nice buyout and can take an analyst job at SEC Network. We needed him a lot more than he needed us back in 2016. One more season of 7 or 8 wins and he'll gladly accept being fired so he can stop pretending to care.
You make a great point.

My thought is Rick would rather avoid firing any of his buddies and eventually get fired and paid himself than fire anyone and maybe hang around longer. I don’t think he gives a **** about being HC here and would rather get fired and cash out than make any tough confrontational moves.

His complete abandonment of recruiting efforts is akin to what Shannon did his final year here when he left with like 4 commits. He’s given up and is doing the absolute minimum.

Plenty of schools have lousy coaching staffs. You don't see their players running out the door to be UDFAs like this.

And last I checked, Joe Yearby isn't "being properly developed and making serious money."
It happens everywhere and the point still stands. If you're not being properly developed, why wait?

Mannnn f Barry Jackson. “This is not to rile up the fan base” this is where the dude gets his hairless peach jollies off. The U is struggling? Jackson all over it. From calling out yearby, “breaking” the story that Walton was arrested for dui and impersonating an officer, moments after a FSU victory dropping the AR82 news.

F this dude. To say I’m not going to rile up the fan base is like saying no offense to a person then insulting their mother. And no one should say “he is just being real” dude is grade a absolute dog ****.
Is what he writes true? Then none of the other stuff matters. To break stories and facts on a team he covers is his job

Advertisement
Clearly the recruits figure that our offense is so great that they have no chance of ever seeing the field.

Lol why would he leave OU for the same job here?

Why leave? Money. He makes 600k. Miami said it can pay 1 million. Thats 400 thousand reasons to leave. Also, he doesn't call plays at Oklahoma. He really wants to be a playcalling OC. Third, Lincoln Riley is going to NFL. No telling if next coach will have same philosophy.

The fact that he hasnt called plays shouldnt be a showstopper. Thats overrated. Our current playcaller has decades of experience, coached Heisman winners, and won a national championship as an OC. Hows that working out? Far more important is the offensive scheme. Scheme matters a lot more than being able to read plays off a sheet. Bedenbaugh is an Air Raid guru and worked with Riley to design the Oklahoma offense from scratch, which ended up blending the Air Raid with a power run game. That scheme would obliterate the ACC. Pair that South Beach Spread offense with Diaz's defense and you got yourself a stew.

Settle down people, what you're seeing now are gaytor taint decommitments, coach richt and coach searels are smack dab in the middle of learning the hard way about the recruiting landscape when it comes to o-linemen. Now they will be forced to revise the o-line recruiting strategy and get the right guys in here. When you recruiting gaytors at heart, this is how it normally turns out. The good news is the guys from the 2017 and 2018 classes are who we really are counting on. The good news is scaife we know is ready, and campbell definitely has the mindset and athletic ability to get the job done. We stay healthy, we alright at o-line, if we can replace the 2 gaytors at heart with neal, lucas and another tackle, we'll be straight. Those 2 gaytor flips are going to get dogged by our future d-lines anyway.

Another beautiful moment for our program, the gaytors at heart being weeded out earlier. This what seems to be like recruiting turmoil is good, itll put more people to sleep and next year they'll be in for a surprise.

You make a great point.

My thought is Rick would rather avoid firing any of his buddies and eventually get fired and paid himself than fire anyone and maybe hang around longer. I don’t think he gives a **** about being HC here and would rather get fired and cash out than make any tough confrontational moves.

His complete abandonment of recruiting efforts is akin to what Shannon did his final year here when he left with like 4 commits. He’s given up and is doing the absolute minimum.

I don't think he's given up, he just sucks

he's delusional about his abilities leading that STACKED fsu squad year in and year out against trash competition

welcome to the real world, where you don't have bags backing your recruiting

Advertisement
Why leave? Money. He makes 600k. Miami said it can pay 1 million. Thats 400 thousand reasons to leave. Also, he doesn't call plays at Oklahoma. He really wants to be a playcalling OC. Third, Lincoln Riley is going to NFL. No telling if next coach will have same philosophy.

The fact that he hasnt called plays shouldnt be a showstopper. Thats overrated. Our current playcaller has decades of experience, coached Heisman winners, and won a national championship as an OC. Hows that working out? Far more important is the offensive scheme. Scheme matters a lot more than being able to read plays off a sheet. Bedenbaugh is an Air Raid guru and worked with Riley to design the Oklahoma offense from scratch, which ended up blending the Air Raid with a power run game. That scheme would obliterate the ACC. Pair that South Beach Spread offense with Diaz's defense and you got yourself a stew.

But why take the chance? If this program wants to win, they’ll take a million dollars and go hire an innovative, young OC who has called plays and done so successfully.

We need to do for the offense what Manny Diaz did for the defense.

But why take the chance? If this program wants to win, they’ll take a million dollars and go hire an innovative, young OC who has called plays and done so successfully.

We need to do for the offense what Manny Diaz did for the defense.

Because there is a risk with everyone. Diaz, when hired, was not regarded as an innovative DC who called plays successfully. He was a has-been who had been fired at previous stops. No one wanted him. But Richt made a good observation despite Diaz's statistically poor defense at Texas. Diaz's style called for a fast disruptive 4-3 defense, and Miami had the right kind of athletes for his defensive philosophy. Right fit right time.

If experience mattered in playcalling, then Mark Rick would be the best in the biz. Problem is his scheme is archaic. The Air Raid is ALMOST a perfect fit for Miami, like the 4-3 fits Miami. However, the flaw in the Air Raid is that it would waste the talents of the excellent RBs in SFl. Fortunately, Bedenbaugh and Riley appeared to have solved that problem and incorporated a power run game into the Air Raid. There is simply not a better style of offense for our athletes than the Oklahoma offense.

The OCs lots of fans want have zero chance of getting hired by Rick. He isn't turning the keys over to people he likely perceives as low character like Kendal Briles or Hugh Freeze. David Yost would have been good, but he is off the market.

But fret not, friend-o. All is not lost. As luck would have it, there is a coach within our price range at a playoff caliber program that puts up video game numbers and comes from the same highly successful coaching tree that Yost came from. That coach? Bill Bedenbaugh. (Both Yost and Bedenbaugh learned at the knee of the Pullman Pirate)

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** Cager at this point, kids 6’5’’ and plays like he’s 5’5’’.

What will be the most fun to watch if Cager gets drafted is when they try to hand him a team's hat and he bobbles it then drops it on the floor.

Recruiting is an absolute disaster this year. Hopefully this forces Richt to make coaching changes...... you can’t retain and OL coach who has zero recruits two weeks before Eary enrollment signing date.....

Look at the schedule next year and tell me where we lose more rhan one game. It's not because we are good that I make this statement it's because the teams we face will be very much below average. i see Miami going 9-1 or even 10-0. And before anyone kills me for this reply please look at the schedule. It's a cake walk compared to this years schedule and that's saying something.

If Richt can't navigate losing less than 2 games he needs to be fired because he will never see a weaker schedule then the one ge sees next year.
I don’t know how you can say that after seeing how the 2018 season played out. The exact same things were said going into this season. If no staff changes are made going into 2019 we will have:
Over 50% new defensive starters, with the majority of the key players gone
3 new starters on the OL
Richt and son still ******** up the offense and QBs

You mean to tell me you don’t see how Richt could lose multiple games.....

Advertisement
Back