Barry jackson new article

But isn't it sad that pressure has to be applied to a guy who's been a HC for 20 years? Shouldn't he be able to evaluate the program and see what areas need to be improved on? Does this not concern anyone else?

Im not all that concerned. Most self-motivated people tend to want to solve their own problems. Its the good manager/leader that gives him space THEN steps in with guidance when needed.

The bigger issue IMO is that a group of donors had to tell Blake James to do his job. IMO he is the bigger issue here.

Advertisement
Question of the day: is 6 more than 50% of 11?

We are losing starters but your acting like we don't have players who have talent (and experience) at most of the positions to take their place. Yes, according to your "numbers" we are losing 50% of our defense but in reality it isn't that bad. We had several players get experience this year. Lets see who comes back on the defense from this year and who will most likely take the place of an outgoing senior or Junior. Here is how I see the depth chart.

DE- Garvin, Joyner, Harvey
DE- Rousseau, Patchan, Williams
DT- Silvera, Bethel, Blissett
DT- Ford, Miller, Martin

WLB- Pickney, Steed, Solomon
MLB- Quarterman, Jennings
SLB- McCloud, Huff, Brooks
Striker - Finley, Smith, Wilder

CB- Ivey, Blades, Bethel
FS- Hall, Knowles
SS- Carter, K. Smith, D. Smith
CB- Bandy, Frierson, Couch.

Obviously if we land Stevenson and Dent they would probably start right away. But even if we don't, what I just stated above against the schedule that is coming up in 2019 this defense should be top 10 easily. Under Diaz and his aggressive play calling, I see us leading once again in TFL and scoring defense.

We are losing starters but your acting like we don't have players who have talent (and experience) at most of the positions to take their place. Yes, according to your "numbers" we are losing 50% of our defense but in reality it isn't that bad. We had several players get experience this year. Lets see who comes back on the defense from this year and who will most likely take the place of an outgoing senior or Junior. Here is how I see the depth chart.

DE- Garvin, Joyner, Harvey
DE- Rousseau, Patchan, Williams
DT- Silvera, Bethel, Blissett
DT- Ford, Miller, Martin

WLB- Pickney, Steed, Solomon
MLB- Quarterman, Jennings
SLB- McCloud, Huff, Brooks
Striker - Finley, Smith, Wilder

CB- Ivey, Blades, Bethel
FS- Hall, Knowles
SS- Carter, K. Smith, D. Smith
CB- Bandy, Frierson, Couch.

Obviously if we land Stevenson and Dent they would probably start right away. But even if we don't, what I just stated above against the schedule that is coming up in 2019 this defense should be top 10 easily. Under Diaz and his aggressive play calling, I see us leading once again in TFL and scoring defense.
Dude, you have no idea how valuable our two safeties have been the past two years. Jaquan erased so many bad plays from the front 7. I like Amari Carter and Gurvan Hall, but we definitely will go through growing pains.

Plus DT. It’s not like the DE position where we have studs waiting in the wings. I fully expect us to field a top 15 defense next year, but there will be a drop off, guaranteed.

If you take the 2018 offense, and combine it with the 2019 defense, we wouldn’t win 5 games.

That’s the point, our offense cannot be allowed to be lead under the current format going forward. If it is, expect more of the same, with less help from the defense.

Dude, you have no idea how valuable our two safeties have been the past two years. Jaquan erased so many bad plays from the front 7. I like Amari Carter and Gurvan Hall, but we definitely will go through growing pains.

Plus DT. It’s not like the DE position where we have studs waiting in the wings. I fully expect us to field a top 15 defense next year, but there will be a drop off, guaranteed.

If you take the 2018 offense, and combine it with the 2019 defense, we wouldn’t win 5 games.

That’s the point, our offense cannot be allowed to be lead under the current format going forward. If it is, expect more of the same, with less help from the defense.

I'm not arguing that point that their won't be a drop off but every team we face next year in the regular season will be mediocre to downright bad. The best offenses we face might be Florida State (or Florida) which will lead to a bunch of canes posters saying the following next year: "of course our Defense is doing well against these mediocre offenses but if they played a real offense Manny would get exposed."

Some Cane fans are never happier then when they are actively looking to find something to bit*h about. LOL.

Advertisement
Best OC candidate is currently in playoff race so Rick can't poach him now. Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma. Would bring Miami a much improved version of the Air Raid, which I will henceforth dub the "South Beach Spread" (like JJ invented the Miami 4-3). Bonus is that he also takes care of OL problems. Hiring Bedenbaugh as OC stops the bleeding, instantly makes Miami 1000% better, and gets us back on track for a championship.
Why would he leave Oklahoma for a lateral move? 4 consecutive Big 12 titles vs 3-way tie for 3rd place in the Coastal. Sounds like a "no-brainer. "

Why would he leave Oklahoma for a lateral move? 4 consecutive Big 12 titles vs 3-way tie for 3rd place in the Coastal. Sounds like a "no-brainer. "

He does not call plays at Oklahoma. He and Riley designed the Oklahoma offense from scratch, but Riley calls the plays there. Bedenbaugh wants to be a playcalling OC, then eventually HC. Going from non-playcalling OC at Oklahoma making 600k to playcalling OC at Miami possibly making up 1 mil is not a lateral move.

He does not call plays at Oklahoma. He and Riley designed the Oklahoma offense from scratch, but Riley calls the plays there. Bedenbaugh wants to be a playcalling OC, then eventually HC. Going from non-playcalling OC at Oklahoma making 600k to playcalling OC at Miami possibly making up 1 mil is not a lateral move.

This guy should be high priority for Mork (I know it’s not going to happen but still). This system would kill it here.

https://newsok.com/article/5589180/ous-bedenbaugh-faces-a-fine-line-to-become-a-head-coach

“Do I think if you're a play caller first, does it help? Yeah, that's just a natural progression,” Bedenbaugh said.
“I don't know if it's the right thing or the wrong thing, it's just how things happen. Most guys that get hired as head coaches are coordinators, offense or defense. So generally it wouldn't probably happen unless it was the right situations where you just knew the person as the A.D. or something like that, then here's a chance.”

Like I said, he wants to be a playcalling OC somewhere and eventually a HC. Actively looking for an opportunity.

Advertisement
Im not all that concerned. Most self-motivated people tend to want to solve their own problems. Its the good manager/leader that gives him space THEN steps in with guidance when needed.

The bigger issue IMO is that a group of donors had to tell Blake James to do his job. IMO he is the bigger issue here.
who had the bright idea to hire BJ as Miami's AD in the first place ? he clearly is in over his head and is clueless

who had the bright idea to hire BJ as Miami's AD in the first place ? he clearly is in over his head and is clueless

People whose opinions I trust seem to speak highly of Blake James. That said, those same people are the ones saying that he is now under the microscope in this situation. In short, I dont know what the deal is with him. I do know that donna was pulling his strings when UM was under her reign of terror. Maybe he's not a guy who can thrive in an independent role. Again, I dunno.

I mean these are all facts my man. You want him to bury his head in the sand?

Actually the Walton stuff was not true. At all. Also to say that IF we finish at 37 it will be the lowest since rivals came out is just asking for hysteria. Just snagging more numbers alone would bump the class up. JH alone would bump this class up. Just like we all knew yearby should have stayed but to have your local guy putting out bad press about you is bs. When the bama LT got arrested for the gun and weed charge it was not the Alabama courant or times that broke the story. And AR clearly was waiting to break the news himself yet this dbag does? He pumps out wayyyyy more articles when we are down as oppose to when we are up.

Oh, I agree. At the end of the day, if/when Richt's let go or retires. We have to rely on Blake James to find a quality HC. Last time we had to have a board discuss HC candidates.

Advertisement
People whose opinions I trust seem to speak highly of Blake James. That said, those same people are the ones saying that he is now under the microscope in this situation. In short, I dont know what the deal is with him. I do know that donna was pulling his strings when UM was under her reign of terror. Maybe he's not a guy who can thrive in an independent role. Again, I dunno.

Does this mean his seat is getting hot?

Actually the Walton stuff was not true. At all. Also to say that IF we finish at 37 it will be the lowest since rivals came out is just asking for hysteria. Just snagging more numbers alone would bump the class up. JH alone would bump this class up. Just like we all knew yearby should have stayed but to have your local guy putting out bad press about you is bs. When the bama LT got arrested for the gun and weed charge it was not the Alabama courant or times that broke the story. And AR clearly was waiting to break the news himself yet this dbag does? He pumps out wayyyyy more articles when we are down as oppose to when we are up.

1.) It is not his job to be a cheerleader for the team...this isn't Tuscaloosa. You can't trade on all the big city, pro town advantages Miami offers without accepting the flip side of the coin as well.
2.) I'd rather the guy who is critical of the staff than the guy who laps their messaging up as fact...that's a source of pressure on the AD to not accept mediocrity.
3.) Walton WAS arrested...the charges were false and it essentially proved to be another case of profiling against a young black man, which is horrible. But his beat is Miami sports and that the star running back for one of the local teams was arrested is definitely newsworthy...not sure I understand your point here to be honest.
4.)You are also arguing that half the class decommitting in December isn't a big deal and that the local writers shouldn't be reporting it or should be doing a full Baghdad Bob.

If your sauces are on the BOT, tell them you heard from a sauce of questionable character that Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma has expressed interest in being Miami's OC.

Just need to get the rumor started and this board will fan the flames until Barry Jackson and his ilk report on the rumors, then maybe the chatter will get loud enough that Rick actually talks to Bedenbaugh. Need your help to get the ball rolling!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Settle down people, what you're seeing now are gaytor taint decommitments, coach richt and coach searels are smack dab in the middle of learning the hard way about the recruiting landscape when it comes to o-linemen. Now they will be forced to revise the o-line recruiting strategy and get the right guys in here. When you recruiting gaytors at heart, this is how it normally turns out. The good news is the guys from the 2017 and 2018 classes are who we really are counting on. The good news is scaife we know is ready, and campbell definitely has the mindset and athletic ability to get the job done. We stay healthy, we alright at o-line, if we can replace the 2 gaytors at heart with neal, lucas and another tackle, we'll be straight. Those 2 gaytor flips are going to get dogged by our future d-lines anyway.

Another beautiful moment for our program, the gaytors at heart being weeded out earlier. This what seems to be like recruiting turmoil is good, itll put more people to sleep and next year they'll be in for a surprise.

You've typed some dumb **** before, but this right here... this tops it. 😂😂😂

You make as much sense as a left handed football bat, friend.

We won't be getting a top tier oc.even if we pay a million plus.the top schools would ante up more for them.all we are doing is raising the price for one which the university will say we can't afford it.but we can afford everything else.

1.) It is not his job to be a cheerleader for the team...this isn't Tuscaloosa. You can't trade on all the big city, pro town advantages Miami offers without accepting the flip side of the coin as well.
2.) I'd rather the guy who is critical of the staff than the guy who laps their messaging up as fact...that's a source of pressure on the AD to not accept mediocrity.
3.) Walton WAS arrested...the charges were false and it essentially proved to be another case of profiling against a young black man, which is horrible. But his beat is Miami sports and that the star running back for one of the local teams was arrested is definitely newsworthy...not sure I understand your point here to be honest.
4.)You are also arguing that half the class decommitting in December isn't a big deal and that the local writers shouldn't be reporting it or should be doing a full Baghdad Bob.

I will respond in kind.

1. It is not his job to be a cheerleader of the team just like it is not my job to be a cheerleader of his. F that dude hard in the A.

2. I don’t mind someone being critical when it is deserved but also give credit when it is due. Putting out the garbage fluff pieces he writes to add to the hysteria so close to signing day is not active journalism. He is pimping um to get clicks and line his pockets. So again f that dude.

3. The arrest was newsworthy but maybe find out additional facts before plastering those headlines anywhere. Also when he was acquitted where was douche bag Jackson? No article was written by this dude concerning the dropping of the charges is that not considered news?

4. Reporting about the decommits is news I have no issue with that. But to write multiple articles about it then to pull a ufag move and take out his recruiting calculator to give us the lowest class ranking is bs. Why not use 247 composite? Because rivals ranks us lowest. That tweet was not journalism.

Side note: this dude probably only pulls it out of his fly when he bangs and keeps his socks on.

Advertisement
Back