Banda to the Browns

U ain't see them threads then my friend, dudes would never give him credit for a recruit to try and always uplift Rumph or others. Dude was a menace and notice I wasn't the only one who mentioned it.
I thought he was our most liked assistant coach of my lifetime. Complete opposite. Everyone knew he was a stud on the trail. We just tend to remember the few bad posts.

Advertisement
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you have a bad recollection of his assessment here, which was generally negative (which you could likely say about this board's assessment of every coach)?
I’m a serious as a heart attack. He was a stud on the trail & I remember posts about wanting to bring him back to be DC. Mostly yes of coaches are viewed negatively but Banda I don’t think was one of them. He was a stud.

No doubt that a lot about life is networking and who you know. You think that is why Banda got hired by the Browns? It may be why McDaniels keeps getting HC opportunities or KK got hired by the Cardinals but I seriously doubt it is why Banda got hired.

Through Banda's time here, I read many a post here mocking him because he played at an Incarnate World and bar-tendered to make ends meet. Keyboard gangsters ****ting on a guy that gave his all and busted his *** here from Day 1.

And why did they mock him? I believe because he was short Mexican who didn't fit the "type". You may disagree, fine. He earned this job the right way. The way all these CIS porsters claim they want people to earn it. So let's enjoy today, because a guy that epitomizes old school Canes football (never counted in and always counted out) just got rewarded for his hard work and his belief in self. That is worth celebrating.

I don’t think race has anything to do w/ it. I believe it was b/c a bit of internal conflict that was going on.

Advertisement
Were the always incompetent Browns incompetent when they hired our GM at the VP level?

Did the Browns suddenly become competent in those two years (2018-2019) and use Alonzo to the best of his abilities, and did the Browns make it such a desirable job that he wouldn't want to leave for Seattle after only 2 years?

The reality is many people on this site run with narratives they like, or narratives that belong to people they like.

Banda and Rumph have very different personalities, neither better nor worse. But if you’ve been around Banda, you know people respond to him well and he is a very competent person.

Who knows if he’s ready for an NFL position room, but hopefully this let’s you know a lot of things that are treated as “fact” on this board are VERY subjective.

Advertisement
No doubt that a lot about life is networking and who you know. You think that is why Banda got hired by the Browns? It may be why McDaniels keeps getting HC opportunities or KK got hired by the Cardinals but I seriously doubt it is why Banda got hired.

Through Banda's time here, I read many a post here mocking him because he played at an Incarnate World and bar-tendered to make ends meet. Keyboard gangsters ****ting on a guy that gave his all and busted his *** here from Day 1.

And why did they mock him? I believe because he was short Mexican who didn't fit the "type". You may disagree, fine. He earned this job the right way. The way all these CIS porsters claim they want people to earn it. So let's enjoy today, because a guy that epitomizes old school Canes football (never counted in and always counted out) just got rewarded for his hard work and his belief in self. That is worth celebrating.
Personally I could care less about him being a short Mexican or anything else. He was gave numerous opportunities because a Cuban used car salesman took him on as a project and a friend. The salesman aspect rubbed off on him. He is a basic as can be corch who has played up his best talent(his mouth)into a position with a organization that perennially screws the pooch. Glad for him that he's been able to take advantage of that and provide for his family as he has a beautiful family and his wifey is cool as ****. But his coaching talent is on par with lil Johnny Richt or Malik rosier and his amazing QB corching... A moron is born numerous times in a day. This is just another occasion.

I didn’t even know Banda was Mexican.
1677008712913.gif

Congrats but all the guys we remember
him fondly for were Golden recruits.

He brought stars but most never panned out and the room got worse over time.

The only real dude he recruited is Kam.

Edit: TRob was secondary coach when Kam signed. So really none of his guys lived up to their recruiting ranking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really happy for this guy. The hate he got on here was unreal. Glad he ended up sticking it to alot of you and those lame bartender jokes. Buddy was a great recruiter and developed some NFL safeties while here.

Advertisement
Patke’s D was ranked 187th overall and 47th in FCS last year. I watched his defense give up 738 yards and 63 points in a FCS playoff game last December.

Somehow he turned that into a promotion.
38th in PPG and top half in FCS in Total Yards. I watched that game too and it was always going to be a shootout. UIW and Sacramento State both have Top 5 offenses in the whole FCS.

IMG_4706.jpeg

I’m a serious as a heart attack. He was a stud on the trail & I remember posts about wanting to bring him back to be DC. Mostly yes of coaches are viewed negatively but Banda I don’t think was one of them. He was a stud.
That's just not accurate.

He was primarily disliked--and I'm not saying it was justified--because he was hired by Manny and was one of Manny's "guys" and because Manny sucked, then obviously everyone hand-picked by him sucked too.

On top of that, there were plenty of posters that suggested that he was inexperienced and that it was really Rumph that was coaching the safeties because "he played the game, bro."

Bartenders must be needed in Cleveland.
Nah. People in Cleveland just drink straight mouthwash and cooking wine at home to get drunk. Even people in Cleveland don't like to look at the other ugly faces of other people in Cleveland.

Congrats to Banda though! My dude has come a long way from slinging Mudslides and Appletinis to recent divorcees at Texas strip mall TGIFriday's. Love those kind of stories. Gives me hope that when I finally crack the world of middle aged straight adult male **** stars that are of average endowment that they'll mention that I once was a South Beach concierge/low level drug dealer.

That's just not accurate.

He was primarily disliked--and I'm not saying it was justified--because he was hired by Manny and was one of Manny's "guys" and because Manny sucked, then obviously everyone hand-picked by him sucked too.

On top of that, there were plenty of posters that suggested that he was inexperienced and that it was really Rumph that was coaching the safeties because "he played the game, bro."
Lol at anyone that thinks Patke could coach DBs better than Rumph....Please stop @Brooklyndee

Advertisement
Back