Banda to the Browns

Advertisement
Happy Party GIF by Pablo EscoBAR Brno

Advertisement
bartender jokes ain’t going to hit the same anymore.

Banda, Baker, Patke and Manny all doing well for themselves.

Patke’s D was ranked 187th overall and 47th in FCS last year. I watched his defense give up 738 yards and 63 points in a FCS playoff game last December.

Somehow he turned that into a promotion.

I bet you think Banda recruited and developed his players, too.

This **** is crazy. The board is filled with way too many resume whores, who wouldn't be able to properly evaluate a coach unless they had the Wikipedia list of all prior jobs.

I'm not here to bury Banda. He was not our worst coach, but this belated "Fifth Anniversary Tribute To The Bestest Secondary Coach Of The Millennium" is just a bridge too far.

Banda was adequate. Nobody was saying "he's a bright spot for Miami over the past two decades" when he was here. Oh, but now that one of the worst-run franchises in the NFL has hired him, he's Banda Da Gawd.

His top recruit was a flop who we just ran off. And most of the technical coaching was done by Rumph (I know, I know, it's time to cue the Rumph-haters who will now tell us about that sports psychologist meeting, yada yada yada).

I just think it's funny to watch these history-revisionist retrospectives.

Advertisement
Plenty of people think baez has a valid place on staff as well yet NO one knows precisely what baez does any longer... The reality is he makes a mean cafecito.
Seeing as he career has seemingly never taken off since leaving Gulliver for UM, I'm sure that's the case. I watched a HS Coach mother**** a full time UM coach about Baez lol. Baez was shook.

Advertisement
Wait, what? CIS told me Banda was a corch and should stick to bar-tending.

Bro, lemme be very clear…going to the NFL does not mean chit anymore. The NFL have a grip of teams ran by morons. They have some of highest turn overs in any occupation. So while that’s good for Banda for making that leap, that doesn’t disprove or prove anything either. Josh McDaniels is a horrible HC, yet he keeps getting opportunities. Kliff Kingsbury was a horrible HC in CFB, yet he got the call.

Honestly, these Senior Bowl & off season bowl games is a great way for coaches to network w/ NFL personnel. Find the right person to get in, & u’re in. Not hating, just saying.

Advertisement
Bro, lemme be very clear…going to the NFL does not mean chit anymore. The NFL have a grip of teams ran by morons. They have some of highest turn overs in any occupation. So while that’s good for Banda for making that leap, that doesn’t disprove or prove anything either. Josh McDaniels is a horrible HC, yet he keeps getting opportunities. Kliff Kingsbury was a horrible HC in CFB, yet he got the call.

Honestly, these Senior Bowl & off season bowl games is a great way for coaches to network w/ NFL personnel. Find the right person to get in, & u’re in. Not hating, just saying.
No doubt that a lot about life is networking and who you know. You think that is why Banda got hired by the Browns? It may be why McDaniels keeps getting HC opportunities or KK got hired by the Cardinals but I seriously doubt it is why Banda got hired.

Through Banda's time here, I read many a post here mocking him because he played at an Incarnate World and bar-tendered to make ends meet. Keyboard gangsters ****ting on a guy that gave his all and busted his *** here from Day 1.

And why did they mock him? I believe because he was short Mexican who didn't fit the "type". You may disagree, fine. He earned this job the right way. The way all these CIS porsters claim they want people to earn it. So let's enjoy today, because a guy that epitomizes old school Canes football (never counted in and always counted out) just got rewarded for his hard work and his belief in self. That is worth celebrating.

Advertisement
Back