**** Baker Mayfield

Advertisement
If Baker was a Cane all you guys would be taking about his Old School Cane Mentality and kissing his ***.

I love Duke but there’s nothing wrong with what Mayfield said.

And we as Canes fans are honestly going to get on a soap box and criticize someone for being a “****y *******”

Laff.

If Baker was a Cane all you guys would be taking about his Old School Cane Mentality and kissing his ***.

And we as Canes fans are honestly going to get on a soap box and criticize someone for being a “****y *******”

Laff.
When you bleed Orange and Green and someone takes a snarky jab at one as beloved to us as Duke Johnson, yes, you take offense. This isn't a complicated concept... it's tribal! ;)

Advertisement
When you bleed Orange and Green and someone takes a snarky jab at one as beloved to us as Duke Johnson, yes, you take offense. This isn't a complicated concept.

Nobody cares if someone has done it before or not. Duke is just crying cause Browns picked up Hunt and he knows he is 3rd string. If he doesnt like it then sit the fvck out like Bell. Mayfield saying the same thing others have said just not being PC like the others. He just saying if you dont want to be here then dont be here. Only people complaining our Miami fans. If this was a UF/FSU player you would be ****ting on the player.
And GTFOH with that loyal bull****. Its a business. Players arent loyal in general and Teams arent loyal in general.
You can make up a reason why you think Duke is asking for a trade or you can listen to the reason Duke himself gives for his trade request. He said it was because the team had tried to trade him. He said he doesn't want to be in a situation where he gets traded mid-season and not have a real chance to compete for a spot on a new team. He said he wants to play in Cleveland but he doesn't feel the team is loyal to him any more. The reporter asked, does this have to with the Hunt addition? He said NO, it has to do with the fact that they were trying to trade me a month before I requested my trade.

The truth of the matter is both Duke and Baker are right and they're both wrong imo. Duke has been nothing but a soldier here in Cleveland since he arrived. He was THE ONLY offensive weapon the Browns had during their 1-31 abortion and he's the only player who showed any kind of heart. Despite all that, he was vastly underutilized. Even though he got paid, it's not all about the money with him. Otherwise, he would have bolted for the $EC when they came knocking. He's almost loyal to a fault, but that's what made him a Cane great. He just has to remember that the NFL is about business, not loyalty.
With Baker, he's always been brash; he's always been outspoken. It's what's made him successful so far. He just needs to learn when and how to pick his battles. But this is a Cane's board so...

Advertisement
You can make up a reason why you think Duke is asking for a trade or you can listen to the reason Duke himself gives for his trade request. He said it was because the team had tried to trade him. He said he doesn't want to be in a situation where he gets traded mid-season and not have a real chance to compete for a spot on a new team. He said he wants to play in Cleveland but he doesn't feel the team is loyal to him any more. The reporter asked, does this have to with the Hunt addition? He said NO, it has to do with the fact that they were trying to trade me a month before I requested my trade.

So he is mad that the Browns tried to trade him because they were signing Hunt and they knew he wouldnt get much PT cause he is a situational RB. You can spin this different ways. You think he would be happy being 3rd string? He is requesting a trade because they want to trade him. He has a chance to compete now but he knows he cant beat out chubb or hunt(when he is back from suspension) he could get alot of PT on the Browns but he is mad that they tried to trade him so he could go to a team that would be better fit. So now he asking for a trade which they already were trying to do? Teams are not loyal and players are not loyal. Its business get over it.

The Browns wouldn’t want McCoy’s contract.

And he’s been a great player for the Bucs. Best player on the team since he arrived. High character.
He was great and the best player on the team up until like ‘16. The last few years, he has had to many disappearing act only to get a sack or a big play in garbage time.

Me and my cousin focused on him all throughout the year. He had a few hurries on the qb this past year but for 14 million, you better be a force the entire game. One particular play we talk about often came against the Giants on our 5 yard line. McCoy was pushed into the end zone by the guard like he weighed 100 lbs

And is it too much to ask that a Miami player go to a team that doesn't completely suck? Yeah, Berios
Learn how to read Floyd Mayweather. I

But he is not. He actually is the starter not the backup to the backup. How is it any different from what everyone says on here about recruits.....U either with us or against us...... I do believe dIAZ said this to recruits too.

Duke making $5 mil average. Not too many teams are going to give up much and take the salary hit for a 3rd down back

Take a look around. This here's a site about the Miami Hurricanes, not the Cleveland Browns.

So it's different in that nobody here gives a fat fck about the Browns. They can treat Canes right or they can fck all the fcking way off. I have no time for the Browns or any other NFL team when it comes to a dispute they're having with a Cane.

And I have no more time for you.

And is it too much to ask that a Miami player go to a team that doesn't completely suck? Yeah, Berios

Take a look around. This here's a site about the Miami Hurricanes, not the Cleveland Browns.

So it's different in that nobody here gives a fat fck about the Browns. They can treat Canes right or they can fck all the fcking way off. I have no time for the Browns or any other NFL team when it comes to a dispute they're having with a Cane.

Yet you keep replying.....GTFOH

Advertisement

Laff.

Yeah. We are. Ya know why? Because he's not a Cane, and that's all that ever mattered.

And don't bother, I don't plan on growing up any time soon.

lol you guys are so weird. the browns have a ton of former canes on the roster, have given duke a pretty good contract for a career backup, and since they got hunt, he became expendable. it happens. duke will find another home, but he isnt exactly suffering either. as for baker, no one is going to give a **** bout duke or bakers comments if Baker leads them to wins this year. hes the franchise QB and its his team. could he have handled the comments better? sure, but it doesnt really make that much of a diff. no one really cares

He was great and the best player on the team up until like ‘16. The last few years, he has had to many disappearing act only to get a sack or a big play in garbage time.

Me and my cousin focused on him all throughout the year. He had a few hurries on the qb this past year but for 14 million, you better be a force the entire game. One particular play we talk about often came against the Giants on our 5 yard line. McCoy was pushed into the end zone by the guard like he weighed 100 lbs

I don’t disagree; McCoy is on the downside. I just don’t trash players for getting older.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back