**** Baker Mayfield

Thing with Duke is this..he came in the league labeled as a utility back who would not be able to hold up enough to be a 3 down back or even a rotational true RB..truth is he has shown to be both explosive and durable. I’d compare his situation to how the saints and the rest of the league perceived Reggie bush . Remember it took Reggie years before the dolphins used him as a number one back and he was able to shake that draft day rep. Same is going on with Duke

Now too Baker. I have no problem with what he said in particular. Duke requested a trade cause clearly he will have a diminished role along with the fact the browns publicly was shopping him. No problem on any side

Advertisement
Duke Johnson moved on from having uncle luke’s Wife as his agent? Interesting

That is interesting. I would like to see Duke given a fresh start. He's a threat with the ball in his hands. I have said teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Saints would be a good fit. Also, unfortunately the patriots would be too. Just saying that because of the way they use and scheme to the versatility of their backs.

Duke Johnson moved on from having uncle luke’s Wife as his agent? Interesting

He’s a great young man...and is clearly maturing as this move indicates.

It’s not easy having good business acumen and being fiscally responsible at a young age, but it looks like Duke is catching on. Smart move.

Advertisement
That is interesting. I would like to see Duke given a fresh start. He's a threat with the ball in his hands. I have said teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Saints would be a good fit. Also, unfortunately the patriots would be too. Just saying that because of the way they use and scheme to the versatility of their backs.
The Dolphins -- whose OC is going to use the Patriots exact scheme -- would be fools to not get at Duke. Yes, I know they don't have Brady, but Duke with Kenyan would give DC's fits.

The Dolphins -- whose OC is going to use the Patriots exact scheme -- would be fools to not get at Duke. Yes, I know they don't have Brady, but Duke with Kenyan would give DC's fits.
Dolphins already loaded in the backfield though. They have Drake, Ballange, and Walton. Not to mention they drafted Myles Gaskin from Washington. Duke would be better off going somewhere else.

Dolphins already loaded in the backfield though. They have Drake, Ballange, and Walton. Not to mention they drafted Myles Gaskin from Washington. Duke would be better off going somewhere else.
I'll take Duke over all of them except Drake. A Drake/Duke 1-2 punch would be dangerous.

Advertisement
Walton has shown less than nothing at the pro level yet.
Dolphins have no draw this season. You could probably argue their biggest selling point right now is the new HC, and when that's the case... no bueno from a ticket standpoint.

Duke gives them an obvious face, a boost in box office, and a weapon.

They should be all in.

Duke needs to come to Dallas and join the other 'Canes. He'd do GREAT behind that line and spelling Elliot.

Advertisement
Back