Bags aren't the problem

Interesting take, I wonder why UGA doesn't pay kids from GA. Adam Anderson was the 1 OLB in the country last year and his momma lives in a condemned house (literally). Kirby Smart is a proven coach with a proven staff and somehow we wonder why the top kids in the country don't come here when our coach just quit after a 7 and 6 season.

Advertisement
again, this is the effect of being on 'Richtbation'.

Hopefully things get better moving forward...

No doubt we have to maximize what we have. But even if Diaz sqeezes every last drop of potential (assuming he can) out of our players, we are still miles behind.

We had our first top 10 class in years in 2018, and it wasn't even elite. Bama, Clemson, Ohio St, and others have been stacking elite classes for years.

And on top of that, they have seasoned coaching staffs with administrations that are totally committed to them competing at a championship level.

We're not on that level anymore, and it's been that way for a long time.

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

I posted this earlier , yes TS got his but it was nowhere near what people think. Very underwhelming.

If we wasn’t a dumpster fire he’d came though.

We’ve had a clown show here for 20 years and are viewed as a joke by cfb. The kids down here view us a backup plan until the **** schools come calling.

The program is nowhere near what we think it is as fans. The kids want to go get good coaching and play in big games. Not go 7-6 and get raped every other week.

We had a top 6-8 class last year , you know why? We actually looked like were in the upward swing , and were getting positive attention.

The bags excuse is only good for the elite of the elite , they’re the ones getting the life changing money. The rest is chump change.

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

Winning cures all...

Advertisement
UGA just paid $100K for a linebacker. Per two SEC coaches from different schools.

Tyrique said he didn't want to leave his FOUR young sisters, and he is the FIRST PERSON in his family to attend college. Its a money play, simple as that. Throw a kid that never had nothing 10-stacks and you know what it gonna do to them. Struggle financially at home or go to UGA with a nice bag and a chance to play for a national championship? Thats EASY money.

We get the bags, we will have a better time keeping these kids home, simple as that.

Advertisement
UGA just paid $100K for a linebacker. Per two SEC coaches from different schools.

Sounds a like an excuse from their failure to recruit. I just wonder why Anderson's mom is still a janitor living in a condemned house and he was a 5-star recruit and rated as the 1 OLB in the country last year.

While we are on the topic, how much UCF paying players because they would have wrecked us?

when u get regular players u play risk with those teams especially when u weak on OL and DT.............they can beat us because of that. U take a risk going into the game

Mark Pope, Lo Linegard, Brevin Jordan etc are no regualar players D. We get studs. We need to put these guys in the right position to sucseed. Then if we still aren’t seeing reaults then fine, question the caliber of players.

Advertisement
Banda and Stevenson supposedly have a special relationship.

Hartley was Zipperers and his Moms favorite recruiter.

We missed on both.

WINNING cures all.

It’s not about the relationships our recruiters are building with these kids
Yeah... no
Like I said, I agreeded with the OP HOWEVER our staff isn’t tenacious and honestly didn’t know the families of the kids they were recruiting as well as you think. They did a good job and if we won 9 or 10 we might have gotten Tyrique, Jadon and A few others. That’s not good enough. They didn’t create the bonds necessary to overcome something as small as a two or three extra losses. I respect your take, but we don’t have the right to be elitist when it comes to recruiting. We have to work for every kid, harder than the others. Until that changes, we will be watching kids put on Georgia and Alabama hats.

Bags have always been a problem but it never stopped us in the 80s.... 90s and early 00s

People forget that SMU scandal of all places took place in the 80s and that was at SMU! We just need to put on a winning product on the field that has schemes on both sides that kids can see projecting them to the NFL

You had a kid today committ to Purdue because he loves the offense and saw what another all American did this past year for them!

If we are die hard fans and couldn’t even stomach richts offense how do you expect kids who know they have only one shot to get this right believe in Richt or this transition class now of Diaz

You can tell the kids that are going to Miami regardless of our situation.

Haselwood, Stevenson, Bogle....kids like that, sorry never bought it for one second because they had to be "convinced" to come here.

We don't change minds very often for elite players. Part of that is our unique-ness (which allows us to still land just enough talent to seem ok) but to overcome our shortcomings we need a competent coaching staff.

These kids are too savvy for our bull**** anymore.

Mark Pope, Lo Linegard, Brevin Jordan etc are no regualar players D. We get studs. We need to put these guys in the right position to sucseed. Then if we still aren’t seeing reaults then fine, question the caliber of players.
I have to see it man, too many times i have fell for the banana in the tailpipe. Not no more man, its like i woke from the matrix. I will not fall for it and the fake bs Miami pulls and be ok with it or try to look at the brighter side of things. Miami has done this to me to many times and I will not believe it will get better till it does.

Advertisement
Back