Bags aren't the problem

Advertisement
Well said, Money! This is what I've been saying all along! Let's put together 2 seasons in a row where we win 10 games each and you will see a return of elite players to Miami on the regular.

Absolutely. We saw it's possible last year. The fans will show up and recruits along with em.

When I watched the sec championship game, the announcers mentioned how saban brought in a new Qb coach just to coach up jalen hurst!! Yet our leadership hamstring our coaches with a shirt budget for just the basic coaches. Can’t win like that, don’t need bags if they are not going to hire serious coaches.

Op is a scholar and a gentleman, Bleak Visions is also undefeated once again...
The reign is over we are no longer a top 10 program... the sooner we all realize it the easier it will become...Top coordinators turn us down top local players turn us down... WHo can honestly say Jerry Jeudy ot Pat Surtain didnt make the right decision? I laughed at a poster who said Ed Reed would bring in the recruits, 95% of 11th graders have no idea who Ed reed is. Only top 10 programs get great players off of 7-6 teams we arent top 10

We aren’t even top 20. People are going to get in their feelings about this but we aren’t even playing the same game that the elites are playing. We have much more in common with Vandy than Bama

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

We need to drop bags into our program and get top coaches. Since college football has become an arms race, we have cried broke and refuse to play the game. To use you club analogy, you can either choose to play or hate from the sidelines, we choose the latter and are always a day late and a dollar short. The game has changed since we have been on top and we still have fans saying you can win with 2 star guys like ed reed, lol..

Even if you arent dropping bags on recruits just being close in proximity has shown to not be enough, them boys have only known the hoods down here anyway and want to get away sometimes. We need to be innovative in some way and offer something, we used to be cutting edge on offense but even now with USC going air raid we are last stale program that is looking to adopt that philosophy. We are wayyy behind the curve when we needed that edge and should of been on forefront, we basically dont have an AD that understands the game. You need to show these kids something, sell something!

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

This. Who cares the 1% get paid and go elsewhere. Nails down and coach is the 99% and we can still win and win big.

As much as I agree with the majority of your post, we do need better recruiters on the staff. We need a relentless group of dogs that call and text every day. They need to do a MUCH better job of growing relationships with the family’s of these recruits. Money matters, but decisions need to be personal. More often than not, they’re all business. Our staff hasn’t done a good job of taking advantage of the area they recruit. My2

Nah, Dmoney i dont buy that. Yes you can win with the coaches and without the players but you cant be consistent even in the trash ACC coastal. **** is over just accept it. Canes football is done unless we start paying or unless the NCAA grows balls

Advertisement
We need to drop bags into our program and get top coaches. Since college football has become an arms race, we have cried broke and refuse to play the game. To use you club analogy, you can either choose to play or hate from the sidelines, we choose the latter and are always a day late and a dollar short. The game has changed since we have been on top and we still have fans saying you can win with 2 star guys like ed reed, lol..

Our coaches get paid a lot. They get paid more than any team we lost to aside from LSU.

@DMoney excellent post i agree for the most part but here’s what i would add many of these so called coaches we had here Coley, Kuligowski, Pannunzio, and they didnt do anything in this day and age u gotta be in the game in my opinion. No participation trophies

I hear you, and which is why I'm curious to see not only who we hire offensively, but also how our defensive staff fares next year. Last year was a helluva year defensively, but it's going to be interesting to see if the trend continues. I know you're high on our defensive guys, but all I can think about is we have 4 coaches that combined have 12 years of real college coaching experience. We shall see, but I'm hoping we hit a homerun offensively because I'm expecting the D to take a major step back next year.

Advertisement
We have to beat the scrub teams in the ACC first . Can’t be losing to VA, GT, and Duke. D$ is 100% right... Manny need to make the right hires, and we need to start winning when we are suppose to win .

I said this a while back. If you can't play the bag game, hire elite coaches or gtho

I hear you, and which is why I'm curious to see not only who we hire offensively, but also how our defensive staff fares next year. Last year was a helluva year defensively, but it's going to be interesting to see if the trend continues. I know you're high on our defensive guys, but all I can think about is we have 4 coaches that combined have 12 years of real college coaching experience. We shall see, but I'm hoping we hit a homerun offensively because I'm expecting the D to take a major step back next year.

I'm confident because we've had three straight good years on defense, and they've gotten better every year. We've worked around depth issues in the secondary without a problem.

The LBs coming back is huge.

Advertisement
Revamp the recruiting department similar to uga. Need to be more nationally..s fla is base but we seem to not attempt in area that we should be in.

Should be in: Tidewater area (va)
Dallas
New Orleans
ATLANTA
Dmv

I'm actually a fan of us in NYC/Nj this class setting up roots

As much as I agree with the majority of your post, we do need better recruiters on the staff. We need a relentless group of dogs that call and text every day. They need to do a MUCH better job of growing relationships with the family’s of these recruits. Money matters, but decisions need to be personal. More often than not, they’re all business. Our staff hasn’t done a good job of taking advantage of the area they recruit. My2

Banda and Stevenson supposedly have a special relationship.

Hartley was Zipperers and his Moms favorite recruiter.

We missed on both.

WINNING cures all.

It’s not about the relationships our recruiters are building with these kids

We have to develop our players and stop trying the “get rich quick” scheme. That has failed this program for the last 15 years. For whatever reason, this program thinks getting 5 stars is the only answer. While we all agree high level recruits usually translate a high level product; we have failed to acknowledge the basic concept of development.

The problem is that when you cannot consistently develop, star ratings mean very little. A 4/5 star that doesn’t grow on the field will consistently lose to 2/3 stars that have. (See our last 15 years and the past 2 Bowl Games). Forget competing with the Big Boy programs. If I’m a player the question isn’t how many games are we winning - I want to know (and see the proof) of how you will elevate me as a player. Miami has not been able to do this.

Point is recruiting is the quick fix and like everything it will fade just as fast. Hopefully our Coach understands and invests in the development of his players. Do this and wins both in the field and on the trail will happen.

Our coaches get paid a lot. They get paid more than any team we lost to aside from LSU.

You have to pay the right guys, Paying baby richt, Thomas, Seareles and they cant even do their jobs they are being paid a ton for? I still remember when we had a coaching search and the AD was looking for a pro style offense when dam near all of college football was embracing spread... We are behind curve, if you think not spending cash is bad, throwing money out window is worst..

If Richt didnt quit, we would be handcuffed with him for multiple seasons because we just threw money around and then cried broke, remember when we had a coaching search and then couldnt get a top candidate because we cried broke because we had to pay fired coach? We keep making same mistakes, terrible run organization that thinks its entitled to top talent just because of proximity. Run like a mom and pop, proof is in pudding

Advertisement
Back