Bags aren't the problem

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

Makes too much sense. You’ll be downvoted

Advertisement

The best example is our 2008 recruiting class, #1 in the country. What did Shannon do with them?

Advertisement

1000000% agree D ...tired of posters creating new threads crying when they knew we weren't getting either one of these guys. Bogle ain't the money.. TS momma does. Ain't nothing to see here.. Lol

No ****.
That's why Banda is a waste of space and we didn't NEED Hartley.
Get best teachers/schemers of the position.

Winning gets recruits. It should only take average recruiters to land the studs at Miami, but we have fallen off so much even the elite recruiters wouldn't be able to keep the top local kids home from bama

I keep telling ppl who always bring up our history that these kids are too young to care about that. All they know is Bama being dominant. Can't fault them for wanting to play for a team that wins CONSTANTLY.

Thank you. Sorry, but we aren't beating Bama and UGA head to head for most kids right now if they really want them. We would be lucky to get 2 out of 10 of these kinds of kids.

Advertisement
Winning cures all as noted. The bag talk is real and an excuse. Like DMoney said we didn’t lose to the scrubs on our schedule because we had less talent it was because of an abomination of coaching decisions. No excuse for us not to win 9-10 a year in our sleep. We win, they will come...

2qg1sn.jpg

Advertisement
Truth!! This continues to fall at the feet of the administration, think if richt wasn’t such a good guy, he’s sti here for another year. Why give him an extension last year. We continue to hire basement bargain coaches. Kids are not stupid!!! We continue to act they are, but we continue to look stupid on signing day and on the field.

I’m a 30 year fan and alum, I have boys that are working hard to get to somebodies school, never in my mind thought that I would not push my kids to UM, **** if I would do that.

Administration needs to wake up! Falls on them, get the head guy what he needs to compete. Don’t have to do it at Alabama level but **** why not FSU level.

Did you read my posts today? Been saying this exact thing.

Just finish in the top 10 to 15 for a couple years. That's target #1 for Manny.

Win games. Miami has been in acc coastal for almost 2 decades and won their division exactly once. If we win the acc coastal, we get a top 15 class, easy. Win the ACC (or at least be competitive in championship game) and we are top 6. Have one of the most embarrassing, inept offenses in all college football (and awful sp teams to boot), and you end up with the class we have.

Advertisement
Back