Bags aren't the problem

Advertisement
Just wish the top guys like Rique, Bogle, Jobe, etc. would cut us off early like Ladson. Instead they string our staff along for years and they are too blind to see we need backup options.

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.
I don't like the bag game, but this is truth what you are saying.

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.

Look at just three of this years' losses.
16-13 loss to Virginia
27-21 loss to Georgia Tech
20-12 loss to Duke ( who Golden never lost to)

No offense and defense left on the field with many 3 and outs and a horrible punter. Three games lost by a total of 17 points.

Team could have had those 10 wins with just victories in those 3 games.

We are a middling power 5 program for 15 years. It's a big rebuild to get to a playoff level. Clemson is the model we need to be looking at. Dabo took steps almost every year until they were a notch below FSU. They took their lumps until he moved on by them. Hoping Diaz has what it takes.

Advertisement

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more

Top 10 to 15 is absolutely possible. Then we take it up a level. This is going to take at least 2 years.
He has to coach his *** off then and hes learning on the job, huge potential risk when he was hired. When Jimbo took over he hit the ground running recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One team is winning, competing for national championships and putting out multiple first rounders while the other is not. It's really that simple.

Op is a scholar and a gentleman, Bleak Visions is also undefeated once again...
The reign is over we are no longer a top 10 program... the sooner we all realize it the easier it will become...Top coordinators turn us down top local players turn us down... WHo can honestly say Jerry Jeudy ot Pat Surtain didnt make the right decision? I laughed at a poster who said Ed Reed would bring in the recruits, 95% of 11th graders have no idea who Ed reed is. Only top 10 programs get great players off of 7-6 teams we arent top 10

He has to coach his *** off then and hes learning on the job, huge potential risk when he was hired. When Jimbo took over he hit the ground running recruiting.

We don’t need Saban as HC to win 10 games in the ACC coastal

Well said, Money! This is what I've been saying all along! Let's put together 2 seasons in a row where we win 10 games each and you will see a return of elite players to Miami on the regular.

Advertisement
Back