Bags aren't the problem

Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.
I generally agree but the ‘18 class was not a result of the ‘17 season. Most of those kids committed before the season got going. The ‘18 class was Richt’s belated honeymoon class. all new coaches get one.

In any case, to have a good program, we need coaching, recruiting, S&C, schemes, game planning and play calling. It shouldn’t be that hard. We lose to mediocre blah schools. at his isn’t about Jeudy.

As far as bags go, we should not be worse than Clemson at cfb recruiting. aig we are, then fold the program. Times change. We have to evolve.

Advertisement
Pannunzio tells them kids down here, "Miami used to be great 20 years ago, I know I was there. We are now that team, we play in the CFB championship every year. Would you rather go to Miami, which is a has-been school, or come here and play for championships every year? It's your decision."

Drops the mic and walks out the door.

I generally agree but the ‘18 class was not a result of the ‘17 season. Most of those kids committed before the season got going.

And that was coming off a 9-win season that finished with a bang. The momentum carried into 2017 and those kids stuck by their commitments. Compare that to Golden classes that fell apart when we start losing.

Revamp the recruiting department similar to uga. Need to be more nationally..s fla is base but we seem to not attempt in area that we should be in.

Should be in: Tidewater area (va)
Dallas
New Orleans
ATLANTA
Dmv

I'm actually a fan of us in NYC/Nj this class setting up roots

I agree that we should focus on city kids when we go out of state. I would add Detroit and Chicago to that mix.

Bottom line manny diaz was not a hire that a big time program makes, which i have to come to accept because were are not a big time program

Advertisement
I'm glad you said guys are getting paid most sites are scared to say that. I agree we need to win games thats the most important thing

I'm confident because we've had three straight good years on defense, and they've gotten better every year. We've worked around depth issues in the secondary without a problem.

The LBs coming back is huge.

LBs coming back is important. DT is scary. If Nesta doesn't make the leap we're in trouble. I'm over talking about Ford and Bethel. DE depth is scary. In the secondary with regards to Hall, I haven't been this excited since ST to see a kid get the opportunity to play. With that said, question marks are all around. Will the new DC bring to the table what Manny did/does? We shall see.

Cant post anything to show how much I agree. And DMoney has been saying this for a while now.

Forget dropping bags on recruits that most likely wont come here, spend it on the the best coaches. Let these coaches develop the South Florida kids we can get, put an exciting offense and or defense on the field, and the elite kids will eventually come. The defense is straight so go out and find an OC that will give us a top 25-30 offense.

We have to take a different approach.

Advertisement
Posting a recruits name, directly calling them out on getting paid, probably not the best business model for getting accurate recruiting information in the future.

So win, genius idea. Well put together thoughts, but that much has been obvious for years now. Hope Manny can pull it off.

Need a generational qb. That’s the only way Miami will be great again unless they get in the bag game

Advertisement
And that was coming off a 9-win season that finished with a bang. The momentum carried into 2017 and those kids stuck by their commitments. Compare that to Golden classes that fell apart when we start losing.
Just clarifying in response to your comment. Tbh, ‘17 should have been Richt’s honeymoon class, but he didn’t focus on recruiting nearly enough, and talked too much about pee wee leagues, then when ‘17 didn’t work out as a honeymoon class the excuse was ‘it takes too long to plant the seeds these days.’. It was all BS. New coaches get the chance to sell hope. If they fail to do it, that’s on them. Eventually, they have to deliver or the hope story dries up. Richt quit less than a year after the ‘18 class showed up.

We can all explain losses around here, or Diaz can do something about them. Recruiting is not impossible without ten victories. If’s harder, but they call it a honeymoon class for a reason.

Bags are our biggest problem. Hard to compete when you’re starting from behind.

Go ahead and give Usain Bolt a head start in a 100M sprint and see how it ends up. You are NEVER going to catch up.

Let’s see how long it takes A&M to become Elite.
They’ll be competing for the sec in 2020 bet

Advertisement
Pannunzio tells them kids down here, "Miami used to be great 20 years ago, I know I was there. We are now that team, we play in the CFB championship every year. Would you rather go to Miami, which is a has-been school, or come here and play for championships every year? It's your decision."

Drops the mic and walks out the door.
This. You don’t need “bags” to decide between 7-6 losing to Virginia and competing for titles every year. They’re not scared to compete with other top athletes.

DT is scary. If Nesta doesn't make the leap we're in trouble. I'm over talking about Ford and Bethel. DE depth is scary

We were worried about DL last summer and it ended up as one of the top units in the country. I just think we need to stay healthy. Kool really hurt our depth.

Defensive tackle will be OK if we add a good grad transfer. Silvera was the #2 DT in the country and showed plenty of flashes when he played. He should be expected to perform. Bethel is not a star but a senior who played a ton for a great defense.

At DE, Rousseau is an absolute monster. I expect him and Garvin to be as good as it gets. Depth is the issue there.

Advertisement
Back