Avantae Williams

Advertisement
Little small to be next ST but how about going for the top dog and hope for another Ed Reed. Ed was not the physical phenom ST was but played twice his size and about half a second faster. Another ST would give nightmares to opponents but another Ed improves our chance to win another NC goes up more than if he is another ST. All that said, I will take either all about 5 other Cane great safeties.

PSA for all canes fans:

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER COMPARE ANY PLAYER TO SEAN TAYLOR, EVER!.

There is no comparison, there is not another living human being that was more a naturally gifted Football player than Sean, he was by far one of God's greatest creations of a Football player ever.

He as close to perfection as a player as there will ever be. There's not a single player on our team, let alone a **** HS recruit that even comes close.

Sean Taylor comparisons need to be outlawed for good. STOP DOING IT, ITS RETARDED.
Wait maybe you cant read bc I didn't he was Sean I said he had some traits. YOU IN YOUR FEELINGS get over it. Some players have some traits that former players had but that doesn't mean they are the Player. Avantae got his own skill set and will never be Sean but he does have some traits Sean had. If you read and watch film you can see the willingness to hit and kill anything moving the return ability when he does touch the ball both on offense and def. But he will never I repeat never be Sean Taylor.

Kenny Philips Antron Rolle were equally great punt returners. Should get more recognition. Loved Sean but these other two dudes made punt returning a art form.

Advertisement
He's the next ______ never works out. He's the first Avantae Williams. He'll have his own style and hopefully he commits to getting better every day and giving all he has to offer every game. If he does that, then maybe down the road when we recruit safeties, people will wrongly say they're the next Avantae.

Last edited:
Kenny Philips Antron Rolle were equally great punt returners. Should get more recognition. Loved Sean but these other two dudes made punt returning a art form.
No they didn't...when did Phillips return a punt??...Antrell had one PR TD...hardly an Art form....your thinking of Phillip Buchanon who was a 1st team AA PRer....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some many ppl miss the bus on the comparison.

No one is saying he is Sean Taylor...no one is saying that he will make that type of impact in games at this level or the next.

He is saying that stylistically you can see similarities in their games on tape.

This is such a weird phenomenon I see this on sports talk TV as well.

Someone makes a stylistic comparison and then the other person says “but they haven’t won this or that you yet so you can’t compare..”

False.

Kobe played like Jordan...before he ever won a ring, before he was ever league mvp, before he was ever all star mvp or finals mvp. It didn’t mean he was going to be Jordan there were just similarities in their styles.

Trea Young doesnt have to win league MVPs and championships to be compared stylistically to Steph Curry in certain aspects of his game.

I think the issue is that there are a lot of other players you can compare Avantae Williams to, there are no other players you can compare Sean Taylor to.

Simple as that.

Advertisement
Avante is more comparable to Ed Reed actually, but to me as a recruit he's a more athlectic version of jaquan Johnson
In terms of them being playmaking athletes on both sides of the ball there are some similarities(Jaquan was highly regarded/productive as a rb too) but db was his best long term position(same with avantae). Avantae obviously is much more gifted athletically and has a higher potential in coverage imo while at least right now while Jaquan had the edge in leadership skills and instincts probably in certain aspects of the game

Advertisement
One of the reasons there will never be another Sean T is because you can’t play like Sean T played in this era of football.. Numerous of his hits would’ve had him ejected in multiple games... Please just let Avantae be Avantae

There wont be another Sean T because there's not too many humans with the size and hitting power of weak side backer, while having the coverage skills of a lockdown corner

Advertisement
Back