Avantae Williams

He reminds me more of merriweather at best
Maybe t Mack
But no where near Taylor

Advertisement
I re-watched Sean Taylor highlights and I will say there will never be another player like him, but I do feel Avantae has some unique and similar traits like him. The nastiness, the return ability, the hitting is like wow he is trying to kill everything that comes in his direction. He doesn't have ball hawking skills like most, but if he wanted to improve in that area I could see him getting a few every year and returning them back.
People do this every single year, and I just don't see the point. I guess you can find something similar about any two people, especially if they're the same race and play the same sport. But why? Like why mention that he's got some qualities in common with ST? So do I. So, probably, do you.

I'm not upset about it or anything, I just don't see why people work so hard to draw parallels between players.

It's like comparing MJ to Zion lmao nope ST an Ed Reed are the best 2 safeties EVER! Lil high schooler aint coming close if he does coo but he won't even start this year

Advertisement
There are a very select few players that should never be drawn in comparison to any athlete, whether they're in HS, college or already in the league..Sean Taylor is one of them. You will literally never see a safety with his combination of measurables and field awareness in your lifetime again.

I re-watched Sean Taylor highlights and I will say there will never be another player like him, but I do feel Avantae has some unique and similar traits like him. The nastiness, the return ability, the hitting is like wow he is trying to kill everything that comes in his direction. He doesn't have ball hawking skills like most, but if he wanted to improve in that area I could see him getting a few every year and returning them back.
I’m trying so hard to think of a player who I can compare to Sean t but I just can’t find one , I think avantae Williams is similar to jaquan Johnson, he probably has a higher ceiling than Johnson though.

Top 10 most naturally gifted? Not in order.

Sean Taylor
Lawrence Taylor
Julius Peppers
Herschel Walker
Bo Jackson
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Deion Sanders
Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson i can't decide.
Derrick Henry , never seen a Rb so big and fast

Advertisement
Rookie

Advertisement
At least we definitely know who would win in a fight.

Give me Andre as well.
Andre was a boss my man. Dude didn't play with the greatest QB but was lethal.

In college had Dorsey had an arm. He would've set more records than he did and probably walked away with a Biletnikoff award. The man had a 21 yard avg per catch his final season..

In the pros. Andre was a straight up force. Always shined when Moss or Calvin was on the other sideline. Would straight up tear away the ball in double and triple team coverage and had the wheels to get behind defense.

It amazes me that he doesn't get the props he deserves. Even on here people overlook him. For Moss, Wayne, Irvin and Brown. I'm not knocking those dudes but they weren't Andre.

Put Andre on the Cowboys or the Colts in their prime and dude would've been considered the GOAT imo.

Andre was a boss my man. Dude didn't play with the greatest QB but was lethal.

In college had Dorsey had an arm. He would've set more records than he did and probably walked away with a Biletnikoff award. The man had a 21 yard avg per catch his final season..

In the pros. Andre was a straight up force. Always shined when Moss or Calvin was on the other sideline. Would straight up tear away the ball in double and triple team coverage and had the wheels to get behind defense.

It amazes me that he doesn't get the props he deserves. Even on here people overlook him. For Moss, Wayne, Irvin and Brown. I'm not knocking those dudes but they weren't Andre.

Put Andre on the Cowboys or the Colts in their prime and dude would've been considered the GOAT imo.
Irvin was Dre before Dre....too strong at 6'3 210 at UM for CBs to try to handle him off the line....

Advertisement
Some many ppl miss the bus on the comparison.

No one is saying he is Sean Taylor...no one is saying that he will make that type of impact in games at this level or the next.

He is saying that stylistically you can see similarities in their games on tape.

This is such a weird phenomenon I see this on sports talk TV as well.

Someone makes a stylistic comparison and then the other person says “but they haven’t won this or that you yet so you can’t compare..”

False.

Kobe played like Jordan...before he ever won a ring, before he was ever league mvp, before he was ever all star mvp or finals mvp. It didn’t mean he was going to be Jordan there were just similarities in their styles.

Trea Young doesnt have to win league MVPs and championships to be compared stylistically to Steph Curry in certain aspects of his game.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Advertisement
Back