Avantae Williams

Advertisement
Not a cb but he’s ready to go
Howie Mandel Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

That boy Gil needs to stay in the box at striker. We gunna have a influx of young talent at safety come in
Naw after that NC tape I lost some love for Gil. He left that C gap wide the **** open. ****tt you and I could ran through those holes..nope 😂

Anyone know if he’ll be cleared for spring? Can he play CB?? Hes listed at 5’11 170 lbs seems more like a CB body type than S. I think if he can play there the coaches need to make the move, we need a playmaker there and also we are pretty much set at S for the coming years.
I know these guys are giving you a hard time but I thought it was a valid question. People seem to forget that all the dbs were tried at corner when they first got on campus when Shannon was DC.

I agreed with you until you singled out the DLine?? They are players as well. C'mon man.
Of course they are players, in football, d-line play is about the only position where you could come close to making similar comparisons. Case in point, when you go from JEROME BROWN, to CORTEZ KENNEDY, to russell Maryland to warren sapp, and that's just at the d-tackle spot, that should give you and idea of what I'm talking about!

Advertisement
Of course they are players, in football, d-line play is about the only position where you could come close to making similar comparisons. Case in point, when you go from JEROME BROWN, to CORTEZ KENNEDY, to russell Maryland to warren sapp, and that's just at the d-tackle spot, that should give you and idea of what I'm talking about!
No, it does not give any idea. Have you ever heard of Jon Ford, Ike Miller, ECT. You can't make similar comparisons at all.

What maybe clear is: Great players have two things deeply ingrained.
1: Competitiveness
2. Desire to play

most anything else is "hogwash"

No, it does not give any idea. Have you ever heard of Jon Ford, Ike Miller, ECT. You can't make similar comparisons at all.

What maybe clear is: Great players have two things deeply ingrained.
1: Competitiveness
2. Desire to play

most anything else is "hogwash"
Apparently you are real confused!

Advertisement
Gil at free James Williams at strong would be the best combo. With tae rotating

I know people are super high on JW. But do you really think he's ready to go as a TF in this scheme? He's got a gret feel for the ball. But seems a little too hesitant upon contact. I think Hall is a better option. He needs to bounce back. And don't rule out Kinchens. That's an Alpha there.

I do like the idea of moving Gil back to safety, with Keontra at Striker and Chase Smith rotating in behind him.

Why would we move Gil back to Safety? He was probably our most consistent player on D at Striker and looked great there..

Advertisement
Why would we move Gil back to Safety? He was probably our most consistent player on D at Striker and looked great there..

If you go press at CB or you blitz with your LBs, or you pinch in your DEs like we did vs. UNC, you need a safety back there who is smart enough to cover the holes. Hall really struggled this year. Gil seems to always flow to the ball. And he has the athleticism for the position.

Advertisement
Are you saying what I think your saying about that thing from the other day??
He's going to Utah State.

I DM'd the only writer for USU that i could find to see if he could confirm Banda being hired (he put the info on Twitter before footballscoop posted it). I was going to try to help a friend get a QC job and reach out to Banda and another guy that followed Anderson to USU from Ark State that I know before it went public to get him a head start. I told the writer all of that and gave him the info of my friend because he knows people there too that could help.

He basically said that they signed a juco kid and when he interviewed the kid he told him he was excited to play in Banda's defense and has been watching Miami film to prepare for it and get a head start without even knowing that it wasn't public information yet.

In addition to all of this.. I found out through him that Banda is probably going to continue the nepotism that he learned under Manny and hire his son to a QC position or student position. No idea about the nepotism laws in Utah or anything but being a public school I don't know how that would workout..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back