Avantae Williams

Advertisement
I agree with Moss, when dude put that hand up it was over.... Calvin may have been slightly overrated as a player and production (he did got to Gtech and the lions) but as far as freak of nature gifted athlete? I have to argue against that.... 6'5 240lbs 4.35 40, 45 inch vert 11ft 7 inch broad jump....

For comparison, the numbers I could find on Moss 6'3 195lbs 4.38 40, 33 inch vert; Sean Taylor; 6'2, 230lbs 4.51 40, 39 inch vert 10 ft 1 broad jump....

Not a knock on the other two as I think they were phenomenal players but Calvin was right up there as far as athletic ability.
For sure, Calvin had the potential to be the one of the 3 best receivers of all time

For sure, Calvin had the potential to be the one of the 3 best receivers of all time
Too bad he played with the Lions. Kinda how Moss was wasted with Culpepper. Get that boy 1 year with Brady and look at what he do

Perfect. You could add Reggie White on their too & I'd even add Mahomes, but that's about close to the best list.

And Moss 1,000% is on the list, over Calvin Johnson imo, Randy Moss is the most electrifying WR in NFL history. Absolute freak of nature. Calvin imo was great too, but he was a bit overrated to me.
Agree with this. Calvin is one of the best WRs in history, but Moss changed the game forever with what he could do on a football field

Perfect. You could add Reggie White on their too & I'd even add Mahomes, but that's about close to the best list.

And Moss 1,000% is on the list, over Calvin Johnson imo, Randy Moss is the most electrifying WR in NFL history. Absolute freak of nature. Calvin imo was great too, but he was a bit overrated to me.
Randy Moss was electrifying.

**** Calvin. Give me Andre.

Advertisement
He can play safety and move to CB as well. Fluid hips, can run, & is physical. He’s a great pick up. Best athlete in the secondary the day he steps on greentree.

Antrell Shut his *** down twice at UM...

Advertisement
Recruit player X.
Compare player X to legend Y.
Watch other team's fans and realistic people laugh.
Repeat.

I could watch ST highlights everyday. I made sure my teenage boys know who he is. My oldest, when he went out for football first time at 12 yrs old, chose number 21. Put him in at corner first play in his life. Got speared in the chest and steamrolled. Ended up as the best punter they had. There was only one Sean Taylor.

Advertisement
I realize loads of potential coming in. Let him play a few games before annoiting him as the next anybody. Just hope he lives up to expectations

I re-watched Sean Taylor highlights and I will say there will never be another player like him, but I do feel Avantae has some unique and similar traits like him. The nastiness, the return ability, the hitting is like wow he is trying to kill everything that comes in his direction. He doesn't have ball hawking skills like most, but if he wanted to improve in that area I could see him getting a few every year and returning them back.

Its always best not to start out with this type of Blasphemous comparison if you want to sound SANE! Got some simple advice for you, how bout you just compare to hit stick first and let em work his way up before invoking the name of an ALL-TIME GREAT. Plenty other safeties he'll have to surpass before even trying to get to that LEVEL! Lets not be reckless man! He'll only be the next avantae williams anyway.

Advertisement
Nobody loves Trell like CaneinOrlando does..
But what a Luxury it was to know that if you overplayed a route...or Corner Blitz at any given moment...that SeanTay had your back over the Top...
20200218_194424.jpg

One of my prized possessions...

People forget what Taylor accomplished on the offensive side of the ball in hs.

He rushed for 1,400 yards and a state-record 44 touchdowns and on two separate occasions, rushed for more than 200 yards during Gulliver's state playoff run

In addition to that.

Taylor won the state 2A 100-meter dash in 2000 and was also one of the state's top 400-meter dash sprinters.
Nah. Every Safety we sign with good speed is Sean Taylor.

Advertisement
Back