Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so right, "the thought of his life being f ruined" has already taught Alex Figueroa enough of a lesson.
I get Figeruoa is a good example to further your narrative. I don't get how Figueroa appears to be the only option for how things turn out carry on.

Advertisement
P.S - A lot of hypocrisy in here just based upon other threads trying to bash other programs for protecting their stars.

Couldn't agree more.

As much as I was excited to see Tae finally play, situations like this are the 'culture issues' Manny has been blaming our previous failures on. Unless, the kid is completely is the right, I'd help him find his next college.

You can lose a lockerroom overnight when you preach certain topics to help these kids turn into men and then you look the other way because the guy is talented. I love Avantae the football player just as much as you guys but he’s put himself in horrible situations. Think it’s best to completely move on and not risk losing the team.
You speak as if you've confirmed his guilt beyond all doubt. What do you base this on since you're speaking that way?

He'll probably get in the TP and get picked up by a school like Miss State or Arkansas. Unlike Manny, those schools can profess to not knowing what happened and can just go with the charges dropped explanation and those fan bases won't raise a peep.

Sounds more like the FSU fan base to me

This is a kid who could obviously benefit greatly from being part of the team. The structure and guidance that would give him are what he needs. Having coaches on him all the time in almost a father figure position would be good fit him.

Now it’s 2021 and we all now the optics of today are not what they were 20 years ago. I’m not sure the university would want to possibly subject themselves to the media onslaught. Even with the charges being dropped we’ve seen the media still go crazy over these issues the last few years.

Let’s hope for his sake he gets some help and guidance from the right people. This is about more than football.
And this is precisely why women. Lie about this stuff. To achieve the very effect you speak of. This is how they get away with it scot free when they do lie. It's way past time to stop bowing to the femainzi brigade allowing their misandry to destroy men's lives. I'm so sick of this **** I don't know what to do.

Advertisement
Putting yourself in this situation is cause for the school to move on. Odds are he copped to laying hands on that girl(You know Diaz talked to him) but she decided to not prosecute. It's tough to prosecute these cases if the woman decides to not participate. Charges being dropped doesn't mean someone didn't do something.

That's a broad generalization that is extremely inaccurate. But now you've certainly peaked my interest as to what qualifies you to render such an opinion. Again I've been practicing criminal law in the state for over a decade, 5 as a prosecutor and 6 as a defense attorney.

Are there some legal theories that would allow the state to proceed in prosecution? Sure. but **** its a really big stretch that would require many motions in liminie and other evidence for them to proceed.

Well, he did once tweet out that if he was a woman, he'd suck off all his friends. Clearly those sorts of feminist philosophical musings demonstrate his bona fides.

And this is precisely why women. Lie about this stuff. To achieve the very effect you speak of. This is how they get away with it scot free when they do lie. It's way past time to stop bowing to the femainzi brigade allowing their misandry to destroy men's lives. I'm so sick of this **** I don't know what to do.
Every case is different. Wasn’t there with tae and no one was either.
But without video these 2 dudes would be locked up

Advertisement
This is not complicated. On the subject of whether to dismiss a student athlete or not, what matters is the result of the internal investigation of the university of the alleged incident. It could be totally independent from the legal proceeding. If the University, based on its own analysis finds a student athlete unworthy of being a team member then case closed.

Bad situation all the way around

but these types of things always provide opportunities for people that have no clue wtf they are talking about, the ability to debate that lack of knowledge back and forth endlessly

No way he’ll be let back on the team. Good luck to the young man but he needs a restart elsewhere

Never wanted to litigate especially criminal or family law. It was always about the education and legal side experience for real estate development. I came out of Law school and was doing south beach condo conversion work along with zoning, commercial evictions…
Hear you on that. After law school, I ended up going into Financial Services, because my internship convinced me that practicing patent law(the only thing I wanted to practice) would lead to me being dead by 45.

Advertisement
You now what people said last week, knowing I'm a Canes fans ? "Man you know some of his teammates had to know and cover for Jones after he killed Pata."

like you said, 'IT DOESN’T MEAN THE INCIDENT DIDN’T HAPPEN' - so you have to look at timing of the optics of that support. Innocent or guilty, bad, bad timing.
THERE WAS OBVIOUS “REPORTED” TENSION BETWEEN THE TWO BUT I HIGHLY DOUBT WILLIAMS WOULD KILL PATA, EXECUTION STYLE AND POST IT IN THE LOCKER ROOM….SORRY, NOT BUYING THAT FOR A SECOND…RUNNIN’ YOUR PIEHOLE ABOUT COMMITTING MURDER IS LIKE PLEADING GUILTY IN OPEN COURT…PLUS, THERE WERE OBVIOUS WITNESSES / EVIDENCE IN THE WILLIAMS INCIDENT THAT LANDED HIM IN HANDCUFFS ….SOUNDS MORE LIKE A POORLY WRITTEN REPORT THAT SRUNG WILLIAMS…JUST MY .02

I’m not saying it’s so, but he would if he got pressured by the administration and the Chief Diversity Officer that accusations of domestic violence won’t be tolerated.
Nor should they. Good Lord, we have some dumbass meatheads in our fanbase. Playing for the University of Miami is a PRIVILEGE, one that can be revoked if you do things that negatively reflect on the UNIVERSITY.

You’re not going to make it long.
I am always suspicious of a new account created that all of a sudden pops up as an insider or with fervent opinions on a subject matter.

I am no vet in here by any means but my spider senses are tingling

:sideeyes:
Looking Jim Carrey GIF

Advertisement
I’m not sure what happened. I know I had a girlfriend call the cops on me that I whooped her *** and committed domestic violence when the fact was we got in an argument I was being my usual sarcastic self and she went OFFT on my ***. I was raised to not lay a hand on a female so I just hunched over in a ball and took my *** whooping and eventually was able to grab her, hold her arms at her side and lay on her until she got too tired and frustrated and finally clmed down. Once she was calm I proceeded to grab my belongings and keys and went home. She ended up filing a domestic charge against me and I had cops show up to my work to question me and take pictures of my bruises and marks. Apparently they were coming to my work right after leaving her place and the cops told me that I had nothing to worry about. She didn’t have a scratch on her but I looked like I just finished 12 rounds with late 80’s Iron Mike Tyson. Which is unheard of because that Iron Mike was knocking people out not going the distance. My point is believe it or not women lie sometimes. I have no idea what really went down but if Manny has knowledge of incriminating evidence and knows what really happened and that could cause a ripple or tear in the culture to our team that Manny has been working on for the past 3 years or so then unfortunately he can’t come back. Some **** is just more important than football and this man is at a crossroads in life right now and I really hope he turns it around and gets all the help he needs to be a functional member of society and becomes a great father and husband and hopefully with a little luck and some hard work and self reflection possibly even living his dream playing on Sundays in the NFL. That’s also assuming he actually did this. If he didn’t then **** this whole situation. Serious question how do you think Jimmy Johnson would have handled this situation??

this. Either she lied or she realized if she didn’t drop charges, his ability to have a career would be ruined and would not be able to provide for her and child. Right?
Or she’s like many woman and makes excuses for what the guy does and stays in a bad relationship. It’s hilarious a lot assume she lies or she’s in it for the money or some ****.

We can’t afford to dismiss 5-stars. As the game against Alabama in a couple weeks will make abundantly clear.

5 star kids are the difference between the Clemsons, Alabama’s, and OSU’s of the world and us. We only get a couple each year. Can’t afford to lose the few we have.

Just being real.

I would leave it to the locker room must be a unanimous vote and obviously need to talk to avantae if ur manny and make sure he clears manny’s questions and thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back