Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea **** that he can get a scholarship somewhere Else…. Life isn’t fair but His life isn’t over… but you can’t take him back IMO…not taking a risk on this guy if I’m Manny

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of you guys are dumb. It’s obvious what happened here. Tae beat up his pregnant girlfriend to the point where she felt threatened and called the police. Tae or others convinced the victim, beat up pregnant gf, the only way at a future for herself and the baby is through Tae’s football career. Therefore, she decided not to pursue charges and the case is closed. He ****ed up and he’s lucky he’s not in jail.

Advertisement
That's a broad generalization that is extremely inaccurate. But now you've certainly peaked my interest as to what qualifies you to render such an opinion. Again I've been practicing criminal law in the state for over a decade, 5 as a prosecutor and 6 as a defense attorney.

Are there some legal theories that would allow the state to proceed in prosecution? Sure. but **** its a really big stretch that would require many motions in liminie and other evidence for them to proceed.
Watching a lot of this?
200.gif

Some of you guys are dumb. It’s obvious what happened here. Tae beat up his pregnant girlfriend to the point where she felt threatened and called the police. Tae or others convinced the victim, beat up pregnant gf, the only way at a future for herself and the baby is through Tae’s football career. Therefore, she decided not to pursue charges and the case is closed. He ****ed up and he’s lucky he’s not in jail.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm saying under the law, he's not being charged. Sometimes that's how life works. Everything is not always perfectly fair. But you need some kind of objective standard on which to base your punishment on. And normally that is the justice system.

He'll probably get in the TP and get picked up by a school like Miss State or Arkansas. Unlike Manny, those schools can profess to not knowing what happened and can just go with the charges dropped explanation and those fan bases won't raise a peep.

Advertisement
Idgaf what happened the case is dropped Avantae needs to be back on the team I’m sure the thought of his life being f ruined has already taught him enough of a lesson. Time to put some NIL money in his pocket and put Hall on the bench.

I've seen people claiming she dropped the charges for whatever reason and refusing any attempts to even consider his innocence. Perhaps he actually IS innocent and she's achieved her desired effects. People kill me acting like just because a "she" said it there's no way possible in all creation its not true. I was going he'd only be suspended instead of dismissed and this is precisely why.

I could have sworn I saw postings that she was in bad shape and or the baby may die? Was that not said? If so, is it safe to say that did not occur? I’m still seeing folks say he beat the ish out of his gf.

To clarify since a lot of you are confused, here is what happened

Tae wasn't found "Not guilty" The Miami dade SAO filed what's called a "No Action". When a case is no actioned it means miami is declining to file charges against the defendant. It can happen for many reasons.

In Domestic violence cases it's usually because they victim signed what's called a "waiver of prosecution" and there are no independent witnesses who can come forward that would help the state prove the case.

I spent 5 years as a prosecutor for the Broward County SAO, the last 6 months of which I was a domestic violence prosecutor. I have now been doing criminal defense for the past 6 years in sofla.
Finally someone that knows what they’re talking about. Thanks for providing your knowledge, experience, and insight into a very tenuous situation.

Advertisement
I doubt Manny kicked him off the team based off pure allegations. Manny very likely had the facts, when he made the decision. The GF probably just ended up dropping the Charges because it gives them the best shot at making it by Tae starting his football career. The Decision has already been made though and I wish them the best.

Idgaf what happened the case is dropped Avantae needs to be back on the team I’m sure the thought of his life being f ruined has already taught him enough of a lesson. Time to put some NIL money in his pocket and put Hall on the bench.

You are so right, "the thought of his life being f ruined" has already taught Alex Figueroa enough of a lesson.

Advertisement
I could have sworn I saw postings that she was in bad shape and or the baby may die? Was that not said? If so, is it safe to say that did not occur? I’m still seeing folks say he beat the ish out of his gf.

Yeah all that was fake

You are so right, "the thought of his life being f ruined" has already taught Alex Figueroa enough of a lesson.

A domestic violence incident where the girlfriend was obviously the instigator / initiator is not the same as Alex Figueroa raping a woman.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Close thread.

i mean you can’t bring him back. More than likely victim is uncooperative and could even be back with Williams for all we know. A non prosecution affidavit was prob completed by the victim if they even got that much cooperation. I am sure he is off the team for a reason. Cut ties and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back