Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

deecanes21

Banned
Banned
Now in… avantae case is dropped and the court documents shows not guilty . He is not on the transfer portal and still enrolled at Miami.
Why did Miami jumped the gun… we should of suspended him oppose to dismissing him. I doubt he would come back to Miami but then again we seen manny Diaz give second chances to Jeff Thomas

Advertisement
I was okay with suspending him pending the outcome of his case. Instead they rushed to judgment. Accusations like that make people pretty skittish in 2021, I get it. But everyone is entitled to due process. He's probably a rough kid, he needs a lot of mentoring and guidance. But at this point, I think he's better off learning how to be a man and member of society as part of a team and university than not.

I would bring him back. Maybe this was a wake up call he needed.

THAT’S WHY I SAID IN THE PATA THREAD THAT ARRESTED IS NOT CONVICTED….IT DOESN’T MEAN THE INCIDENT DIDN’T HAPPEN AND SHOULD BE OVERLOOKED BUT I HOPE MANNY REACHES OUT TO THIS YOUNG MAN TO MAKE IT RIGHT…THE TEAM SHOULD / WOULD DO THE SAME IN SUPPORT

Advertisement
I was okay with suspending him pending the outcome of his case. Instead they rushed to judgment. Accusations like that make people pretty skittish in 2021, I get it. But everyone is entitled to due process. He's probably a rough kid, he needs a lot of mentoring and guidance. But at this point, I think he's better off learning how to be a man and member of society as part of a team and university than not.

If he wasn’t a 5 star safety and a 3 star project, no one has ever heard of, would you still feel the same? I’m just asking. Because I have mixed feelings about all this.

Advertisement

I agree

Advertisement
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
I hope the young man gets the necessary counseling and support go forward. As for playing football at Miami, I’ll leave that up to Diaz and his staff. And I’m sure there’s some level of administrative and student judicial committee that would have a say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back