Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is a kid who could obviously benefit greatly from being part of the team. The structure and guidance that would give him are what he needs. Having coaches on him all the time in almost a father figure position would be good fit him.

Now it’s 2021 and we all now the optics of today are not what they were 20 years ago. I’m not sure the university would want to possibly subject themselves to the media onslaught. Even with the charges being dropped we’ve seen the media still go crazy over these issues the last few years.

Let’s hope for his sake he gets some help and guidance from the right people. This is about more than football.

Just because the charges were dropped doesn’t mean he didn’t beat up a young, pregnant woman.

Manny needs to worry about the message he’s sending about what’s acceptable behavior to the other 85 guys on this roster.

You ever heard of Cierra Harp? Google her. I shutter to think if there was no video in that case. She claimed she was being abused and shot her boyfriend to death. She claimed self defense, said that he attacked and stabbed her with a knife. It turns out she stabbed herself after she shot him.

The charges being dropped could actually mean he did NOT beat up a pregnant woman. What kind of message does that send?

Last edited:
Advertisement
You can lose a lockerroom overnight when you preach certain topics to help these kids turn into men and then you look the other way because the guy is talented. I love Avantae the football player just as much as you guys but he’s put himself in horrible situations. Think it’s best to completely move on and not risk losing the team.

If he admits to the coaches that the facts are relatively accurate but the girl won’t press charges, did he still beat her up?

Not guilty in court isn’t and shouldn’t be the only
You ever heard of Cierra Harp? Google her. I shutter to think if there was no video in that case. She claimed she was being abused and shot her boyfriend to death. She claimed self defense, said that he attacked and stabbed her with a knife. It turns out she stabbed herself after she shot him.

The charges being dropped could actually mean he did NOT beat up a pregnant woman. What kind of message does that send?
Facts

Advertisement
This is why I basically said that we have to wait until the facts are out before we all come to a conclusion here on the board.

Let's just wait things out. If the team has moved on from him then great. They have the right to do that. If he is allowed to come back on the team then that is also great. That means he has proven to them to be worthy of being on the roster.

But as others have said, this is about more than just football. The issue should be taken very seriously.

Advertisement
Now in… avantae case is dropped and the court documents shows not guilty . He is not on the transfer portal and still enrolled at Miami.
Why did Miami jumped the gun… we should of suspended him oppose to dismissing him. I doubt he would come back to Miami but then again we seen manny Diaz give second chances to Jeff Thomas
He still beat tf out of a pregnant woman. *** the guy

Advertisement
This is why I basically said that we have to wait until the facts are out before we all come to a conclusion here on the board.

Let's just wait things out. If the team has moved on from him then great. They have the right to do that. If he is allowed to come back on the team then that is also great. That means he has proven to them to be worthy of being on the roster.

But as others have said, this is about more than just football. The issue should be taken very seriously.
Agreed. I don’t support domestic violence. However we all seen cases like this with false accusations regarding domestic violence. We don’t know what happen but if the state drops the case its because there were facts presented in the discovery. If case is dropped and discharged then he should have a opportunity for redemption and to ask for forgiveness.. another chance.. I just think Miami should of suspend him indefinitely oppose to dismissing him the same day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back