Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there any witnesses or evidence? I’m still not exactly sure what happened. Is anyone else here sure what happened? Did he choke, slam, punch, smack, any bruises? Any previous reports of DV?

Advertisement
I genuinely want to know, if you were Manny Diaz would keep him on the team if he did actually hit a pregnant woman but wasn't charged.

If he's cleared of any charges then YES, I would have a scenario where I would bring him back. I wont go into full detail but it would involve things like an agreement for both he and his girl to have voluntary counseling, some buy-in from the coaching staff, etc...

In a somewhat romanticized way, the role of coach is to win games and help build quality men to lead our society when we retire. Tossing every kid who makes a mistake (big or small) who can be saved/reformed is a losing proposition for society.

And for those who've asked if I/we would make the same recommendation if it was a 3 star project recruit, my answer is maybe not. I would still go to great lengths to find the counseling and other assistance for them but the 3 star kid is not likely a career football player. The five star is. Dont take away his best shot at financial security for both he and the "victim" over a case that was dropped. (air quotes as the case was dropped)

One worthless old man's opinion.

Given Tae's background/history, and the severity of this incident, he should be off the team. The world has changed, the donor base has changed, does anyone think Soffer would be happy if he wasnt dismissed?

Look at it another way: Manny wants to win, Manny HAS to win this year, so does anyone really think Tae was dismissed without a good reason? Use your brains, common sense and logic, not emotion, not green and orange shades, etc.

Given Tae's background/history, and the severity of this incident, he should be off the team. The world has changed, the donor base has changed, does anyone think Soffer would be happy if he wasnt dismissed?

What exactly is the severity of this incident? Where is the TRUTH or are allegations enough?

Idgaf what happened the case is dropped Avantae needs to be back on the team I’m sure the thought of his life being f ruined has already taught him enough of a lesson. Time to put some NIL money in his pocket and put Hall on the bench.
When’s the new series starting? I’ll be ready man, just give the word.

C3804807-9DE2-4CFC-87E2-014196755729.gif

Advertisement
What exactly is the severity of this incident? Where is the TRUTH or are allegations enough?

Neither you or I know all of the details and facts. The girl could have simply recanted to avoid sending her baby's father to jail.

Tae has a history, and not a good one. As I wrote above, Manny didnt just kick him off the team for the **** of it.

Edit: Just saw Cribby's comment, same conclusion said differently

Actually the evidence in court supports he was falsely accused. The fact he's not guilty supports his side of the story.
No it doesn’t. The “evidence” supports that there was a lack of evidence which in a DV case 9/10 times there was a rechantment/refusal to testify. PS this wouldn’t have even seen a judge’s desk if there wasn’t record of injury from the hospital. They need the Victim to confirm where the injuries came from or it’s here say. Hence the charges being “dropped”.

Advertisement
Cant wait till someone proclaims how Manny should be fired because he didnt bring Avantae back.

FWIW, being not guilty does not mean that he has not done it.

Cant wait till someone proclaims how Manny should be fired because he didnt bring Avantae back.

FWIW, being not guilty does not mean that he has not done it.
Again for the millionth time, he wasnt found "not guilty" the state declined to file charges. That is not the same as being found not guilty by a jury.

Idgaf what happened the case is dropped Avantae needs to be back on the team I’m sure the thought of his life being f ruined has already taught him enough of a lesson. Time to put some NIL money in his pocket and put Hall on the bench.
This is the University of Miami, not Mississippi State or Kentucky. We have a standard to uphold and just because his girlfriend won’t tell the police what happened doesn’t mean UM doesn’t know he beat the **** out of her. Just because she changed her story from “Avantae punched me in the eye” to “ I fell and hit the corner of the table” doesn’t change what Avantae did. He was so arrogant about it he said live on court TV “The Miami coaches gonna bail me out”.

Seriously, what’s wrong with some of you?

Advertisement
Again for the millionth time, he wasnt found "not guilty" the state declined to file charges. That is not the same as being found not guilty by a jury.
The principle applies here, we dont know if he has done it or not - we know he wont face charges.

No it doesn’t. The “evidence” supports that there was a lack of evidence which in a DV case 9/10 times there was a rechantment/refusal to testify. PS this wouldn’t have even seen a judge’s desk if there wasn’t record of injury from the hospital. They need the Victim to confirm where the injuries came from or it’s here say. Hence the charges being “dropped”.
Refusing to testify doesn't mean guilt, it could mean the opposite. Sometimes women refuse to testify because they know they just got mad and lost their temper and ran to the police without true cause. Its much more common than many of you know.

With that said, TAE probably did it. When he got arrested, Manny obviously asked him what happened. It would do no good for him to lie because he was already in the system and the truth would come out. The story may be exactly how she reported it or it could be less serious but serious enough for UM to dismiss him.

The fact that his lawyer got the charges dropped is about protecting TAE's future and not related to UM's decision.

He should just go someplace else and keep his hands to himself. The refusal to charge him means his collegiate future is still in play.

Advertisement
This is the University of Miami, not Mississippi State or Kentucky. We have a standard to uphold and just because his girlfriend won’t tell the police what happened doesn’t mean UM doesn’t know he beat the **** out of her. Just because she changed her story from “Avantae punched me in the eye” to “ I fell and hit the corner of the table” doesn’t change what Avantae did. He was so arrogant about it he said live on court TV “The Miami coaches gonna bail me out”.

Seriously, what’s wrong with some of you?
What do you make of his tweet?

Look at it another way: Manny wants to win, Manny HAS to win this year, so does anyone really think Tae was dismissed without a good reason? Use your brains, common sense and logic, not emotion, not green and orange shades, etc.
Lmao you were there? So if someone presses charges on you, you should be fired right? Regardless of the fact that it may be a complete lie. **** ******* the truth, someone said it so your life deserves to be ruined.
Innocent until proven guilty was the system because of people like you and the psychology behind how we believe "victims" and are more skeptical of the accused.

Perhaps the GF decided to drop the charges or surprisingly forgot what actually happened...wink, wink...bottomline, he has a chance to get his life in order and maybe, just maybe make it to the show. The girl knows that's her ticket so why jeopardize it....just sayin'.

Lmao you were there? So if someone presses charges on you, you should be fired right? Regardless of the fact that it may be a complete lie. **** ******* the truth, someone said it so your life deserves to be ruined.
Innocent until proven guilty was the system because of people like you and the psychology behind how we believe "victims" and are more skeptical of the accused.

"People like me"? Oh you mean we use logic and common sense, put two and two together, etc.? Well then, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back