Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, neither of us know. And when that happens, the benefit of the doubt goes to the accused absent any evidence that says otherwise. It’s wrong to assume he was kicked off due to intimate knowledge of some details. For all we know, what was put out in the media and the optics alone were enough to kick him off. I am simply saying that if we are calling the kid a liar, because he is saying he is innocent, then where is ANY evidence or proof that says he is lying? ANY injuries, bruising? I’ve seen NONE of that. Witnesses? Camera footage?

A defense lawyer? Ok got it.

Advertisement
View attachment 152400
STILL ENROLLED AT UM Avante Williams

8235B85A-EB77-45A4-A073-847D63610FA1.gif

I was okay with suspending him pending the outcome of his case. Instead they rushed to judgment. Accusations like that make people pretty skittish in 2021, I get it. But everyone is entitled to due process. He's probably a rough kid, he needs a lot of mentoring and guidance. But at this point, I think he's better off learning how to be a man and member of society as part of a team and university than not.

I would bring him back. Maybe this was a wake up call he needed.

Felony battery charges on a pregnant female; most programs would've "rushed to judgement" on that one. Outsiders to the program also don't know what coaches know regarding any history or personal issues he's had outside of this one.

Also, "charges dropped" doesn't mean dude didn't do it. Read early on that the girlfriend didn't want to press charges—so her lack of involvement could be the reason law enforcement isn't moving forward—which doesn't let him off the hook.

I did not see anyone say UM officials know he did “it.” Please show me that and I will apologize. I’ve seen some very general statements left to interpretation. I’ve not seen anyone even say what “it” is? What is “it”? What exactly did Avantae do?

Advertisement
No clue what happened but with the charges dropped it doesn’t look bad if you bring him back. Program has the resources to get him what ever help he needs.
Maybe not publicly but inside the organization it does. This is where so many of you guys miss the mark. You want a culture where everyone is accountable to each other. You set a standard and make everyone meet it.

I did not see anyone say UM officials know he did “it.” Please show me that and I will apologize. I’ve seen some very general statements left to interpretation. I’ve not seen anyone even say what “it” is? What is “it”? What exactly did Avantae do?
Wait you want UM to publicly call out his guilt? What planet are you on?

Wait you want UM to publicly call out his guilt? What planet are you on?

No. I heard he grabbed, choked and threw her down. Heard the baby was in jeopardy of dying. Is there any evidence to show that? I would imagine that would be incredibly easy to find absent anything UM says.

police report? Did she go to the hospital? HOW does anyone KNOW he did “it”? This is the age of me too and no tolerance for DV. You think any injuries are not going to make it out to the public even if charges dropped?

I am asking WHAT DO WE HAVE besides what SHE initially reported?

Last edited:
When I was younger I was charged with DV ! I wouldn’t talk to the cops and my girlfriend at the time said that I grabbed her! I didn’t put a finger on her! Sorry if I don’t rush to judgement on this, if he put a finger on a pregnant woman than he gets everything he deserves!

Advertisement
Eye witnesses? See below. The "insiders" know it all.
Thank God for innocent until proven guilty. Idiots like you would lock the world up.

People like you would have crucified the central park 5. Sure as **** looked one way and turned out another. 2 and 2 had them guilty and ruined a chuck of their lives...
I appreciate all of the kind thoughts, kisses back at you too!

Right, neither of us know. And when that happens, the benefit of the doubt goes to the accused absent any evidence that says otherwise. It’s wrong to assume he was kicked off due to intimate knowledge of some details. For all we know, what was put out in the media and the optics alone were enough to kick him off. I am simply saying that if we are calling the kid a liar, because he is saying he is innocent, then where is ANY evidence or proof that says he is lying? ANY injuries, bruising? I’ve seen NONE of that. Witnesses? Camera footage?
Checkmate ♟

Advertisement
If he is still enrolled at the school, going to classes and acting like a decent human being, then I wouldn't be surprised at whatever happens. He certainly playing football somewhere next season.

Advertisement
I believe Manny did the right thing by dismissing him from the team regardless of the optics and past reputation of the U. Not one person other than Tae and her know a **** thing about what happened.

Speculate all you want, but one thing is certain, violence by a man against any woman - and a pregnant one at that - should not be tolerated one iota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back