Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
And it doesn’t mean he did either. Don’t judge if you don’t know 100%. I want a coach who stands behind me until the **** is settled, not a coach who knee jerks whenever an accusation happens.
Do you really believe that's what happened here? If nothing else, Manny has always been known as a "players coach". He gets crucified on this board for that. I doubt it was his decision. This was bigger than just the football team once it was out publicly

Lmao you were there? So if someone presses charges on you, you should be fired right? Regardless of the fact that it may be a complete lie. **** ******* the truth, someone said it so your life deserves to be ruined.
Innocent until proven guilty was the system because of people like you and the psychology behind how we believe "victims" and are more skeptical of the accused.
Just stfu. It’s already been said in this thread by people who would know more than us that UM knew he did it. Charges dropped or not, they know he did it. You’re just making yourself look like a ******. If you got a problem with how they handled it then go root for Arkansas.

The principle applies here, we dont know if he has done it or not - we know he wont face charges.
I explained why thats not necessarily the case on page 12 or 13 I believe. It could be the case but more likely than not its something else.

Advertisement
Perhaps the GF decided to drop the charges or surprisingly forgot what actually happened...wink, wink...bottomline, he has a chance to get his life in order and maybe, just maybe make it to the show. The girl knows that's her ticket so why jeopardize it....just sayin'.
Obviously. That’s the point I’m trying to make. It doesn’t mean he didn’t do though like other are suggesting. Even thought DV victims make DV cases in court they still need other things like proof of injury etc. Again, if she changes her story that all goes into the shredder leading to a dismissal.

I explained why thats not necessarily the case on page 12 or 13 I believe. It could be the case but more likely than not its something else.
Thats probability vs. probability and it leaves us with not knowing what actually happened.

No clue what happened but with the charges dropped it doesn’t look bad if you bring him back. Program has the resources to get him what ever help he needs.

Advertisement
If he's cleared of any charges then YES, I would have a scenario where I would bring him back. I wont go into full detail but it would involve things like an agreement for both he and his girl to have voluntary counseling, some buy-in from the coaching staff, etc...

In a somewhat romanticized way, the role of coach is to win games and help build quality men to lead our society when we retire. Tossing every kid who makes a mistake (big or small) who can be saved/reformed is a losing proposition for society.

And for those who've asked if I/we would make the same recommendation if it was a 3 star project recruit, my answer is maybe not. I would still go to great lengths to find the counseling and other assistance for them but the 3 star kid is not likely a career football player. The five star is. Dont take away his best shot at financial security for both he and the "victim" over a case that was dropped. (air quotes as the case was dropped)

One worthless old man's opinion.
What if said unproven 5 star hit your sister/daughter/niece/cousin? Somethings in life are fireable offenses that don't deserve second chances.

He isn't banned or blackballed from college athletics. Let him get a fresh start somewhere else.

Just because the charges were dropped doesn’t mean he didn’t beat up a young, pregnant woman.

Manny needs to about the message he’s sending about what’s acceptable behavior to the other 85 guys on this rost
Avantae said the "truth" came out...

Advertisement
Would that lead anywhere?
Yes, the memo would document the reasons for declining the charges. As I explained earlier In the the thread it's likely that the victim told the state shes not willing to cooperate and signed a waiver of prosecution. State can't prove it without her or an independent witness.

Could it be they discovered he really didn't do it? Absolutely but my decade of practicing criminal law tells me otherwise.

Neither you or I know all of the details and facts. The girl could have simply recanted to avoid sending her baby's father to jail.

Tae has a history, and not a good one. As I wrote above, Manny didnt just kick him off the team for the **** of it.

Edit: Just saw Cribby's comment, same conclusion said differently

Right, neither of us know. And when that happens, the benefit of the doubt goes to the accused absent any evidence that says otherwise. It’s wrong to assume he was kicked off due to intimate knowledge of some details. For all we know, what was put out in the media and the optics alone were enough to kick him off. I am simply saying that if we are calling the kid a liar, because he is saying he is innocent, then where is ANY evidence or proof that says he is lying? ANY injuries, bruising? I’ve seen NONE of that. Witnesses? Camera footage?

Can't see him coming back. Hopefully he gets another chance at a lower tier school and makes the most of it.

Advertisement
I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm saying under the law, he's not being charged. Sometimes that's how life works. Everything is not always perfectly fair. But you need some kind of objective standard on which to base your punishment on. And normally that is the justice system.
No. It’s not. People get fired from there jobs all the time without being arrested, or charged with a crime, or proven guilty of a crime beyond all reasonable doubt.

The burden imposed on the state for taking away a mans freedom is high - rightly so. The standard is not nearly as hard to reach for an employer deciding to dismiss an employee (college football players are, most certainly, employees - but that’s another argument for another day).

CC44A9D4-76A9-4322-B530-43BE4BD898C3.jpeg

STILL ENROLLED AT UM Avante Williams

This is the University of Miami, not Mississippi State or Kentucky. We have a standard to uphold and just because his girlfriend won’t tell the police what happened doesn’t mean UM doesn’t know he beat the **** out of her. Just because she changed her story from “Avantae punched me in the eye” to “ I fell and hit the corner of the table” doesn’t change what Avantae did. He was so arrogant about it he said live on court TV “The Miami coaches gonna bail me out”.

Seriously, what’s wrong with some of you?

Lol If that was the case then why didnt the police just charge him on their own authority??

CHECKMATE!! 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back