Article about Cristobal from Duck fan

We are not talking the same points or topics here bro

I’ve acknowledged Mario’s teams having stinker games annually against lesser competition

Good luck to you

Ummm ok... my bad... when you said "we aren't judging Mario on his last game" I thought you were talking about judging Mario.

Advertisement
Joe Morehead isn't a bad OC. He missed the Stanford game with an illness (not COVID).

The problem is Brown's limitations at QB, and their WR's are merely above average.
I don’t think Moorehead is a bad coach either but if our fans get frustrated with Lashlee trying to force a running game, they will hate Joe even more. It is odd that Oregon has struggled getting impact skill position players. For years, that’s all they had.

I just meant like if we have another Richt hiring his son as QB coach and the QB's not developing situation again. I think initially you let the HC bring in whoever he wants to form the staff. Obviously you don't want to micromanage, but you want to portray the image of what you want. So for Miami, letting that be getting your playmakers in space, playing fast, whatever.
I wouldn't think Mario would create that problem. Morehead was OC at PSU, then HC at Mississippi State for two years. Didn't work out there, but he's far more qualified than Richt's son. Mario hiring a former HC who was an OC seems to me something he learned from Saban.

I don’t think Moorehead is a bad coach either but if our fans get frustrated with Lashlee trying to force a running game, they will hate Joe even more. It is odd that Oregon has struggled getting impact skill position players. For years, that’s all they had.
You might be on to something here because Justin Herbert **** sure looks like he was held back at Oregon. The Tua vs Herbert argument that Dolphins fans had leading up the draft looks crazy right now.

Mario is former OL/coach who wants a physical OL. That means running the ball. no? Oregon has good RBs. They ran all over Ohio State. They dominated the LOS against Stanford in the second half.

Lashlee has his limitiations, but Miami's OL is awful.

I don't believe there's way to scheme around every problem.

Advertisement
Mario reminds me of Butch in good and bad ways.

As for Oregon, I understand why they are still longing for the Chip Kelly days. That was lightning in a bottle. But the truth is Mario has greatly improved the program. Helfrich was 4-8, Willie was 7-6. Mario took them to 9-4 right away and won the conference the next two years (including one Top 5 finish and Rose Bowl win). They are #8 right now and the roster is loaded.
I know mario #1 choice, what u think about Tyson Helton at western Kentucky?? that offense wit the wr depth at Miami could be problem!! I know he not proven p5 coach,I just see miami being cheap

You might be on to something here because Justin Herbert **** sure looks like he was held back at Oregon. The Tua vs Herbert argument that Dolphins fans had leading up the draft looks crazy right now.
This is being held back?

Two years under Mario: 6,600 yards passing, 61-13 TD-INT ratio, 6 rushing TDs

The Ducks WRs weren't exactly Bama's either.

Last edited:

As for Oregon, I understand why they are still longing for the Chip Kelly days. That was lightning in a bottle. But the truth is Mario has greatly improved the program. Helfrich was 4-8, Willie was 7-6. Mario took them to 9-4 right away and won the conference the next two years (including one Top 5 finish and Rose Bowl win). They are #8 right now and the roster is loaded.
Oregon is hard to recruit at besides Nike money surrounded by not very good football states except Cali. Even then, if usc gets a big name California will be closed to Oregon. That’s why I think his ceiling is higher at Miami.

Mario is former OL/coach who wants a physical OL. That means running the ball. no? Oregon has good RBs. They ran all over Ohio State. They dominated the LOS against Stanford in the second half.

Lashlee has his limitiations, but Miami's OL is awful.

I don't believe there's way to scheme around every problem.
You are not wrong.

But the OL is bad mainly becasue they do not know how to block as a unit, it is not just individual lack of talent. They have no idea how to block many different schemes they should have learned by now. They are soft, have not idea how to block and need development. The next coach will need to fix this first.

Advertisement
Moorehead wasn’t the OC when they had Herbert. He took over last year. Marcus Arroyo was the OC and now is the head coach at UNLV.

Advertisement
It's definitely different out there. Imagine a poster here writing anything like that here in that style.
Yeah, that was strange prose compared to our posts.

You get a sense of the culture in Eugene from this article. I’m sure it’s been tough for the Cristobals to adjust to it. This bodes well for us.

Advertisement
Mario has to rebuild the entire roster, its decimated. I think fans think we have first rounders everywhere.
Its because all we hear all offseason is how this guy turned a corner, or how that guy has stepped up, or that Manny is king of the offseason. Even when the news is clearly bad, so much sunshine is pumped into it that Morpheus has to ask what is real.

Mario would be an improvement over Manny. The question is how big of an improvement... as of his last game, not enough of an improvement to warrant hiring him.
I would qualify that by saying not "overpaying" for him. I think he has shown he is a much better coach than Manny and would instantly upgrade our program.

But he is still in many ways cutting his teeth on the big stage like Manny tried but with more success. Question how much would he cost us compared to others just as qualified and competent?

What's your thought of a Mario as HC and Jeff Lebby as OC with Art Briles as a Offensive Analyst. Lebby has been under Offensive HC's Scott Frost (UCF) and Lane Kiffin (Ole Miss) so some people may think they are over shadowing him, were as at Miami under Mario it would be 100% Lebby's high octane offense which he learned from Art Briles. His UCF offenses put up video game numbers. UM would have to come with some serious money, Lebby is making $1.3MM at Ole Miss.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back