Article about Cristobal from Duck fan

What's your thought of a Mario as HC and Jeff Lebby as OC with Art Briles as a Offensive Analyst. Lebby has been under Offensive HC's Scott Frost (UCF) and Lane Kiffin (Ole Miss) so some people may think they are over shadowing him, were as at Miami under Mario it would be 100% Lebby's high octane offense which he learned from Art Briles. His UCF offenses put up video game numbers. UM would have to come with some serious money, Lebby is making $1.3MM at Ole Miss.

Go Canes

Well why not simply things and just hire Lane Kiffin, he'll bring Lebby with him. As for Art Briles, Lane gave Kendall a landing spot at FAU after all the Baylor stuff went down, think odds are good that Art Briles would take an analyst gig for Lane if offered. Unfortunately no chance Frenk, James, and Strawley would ever allow it in a zillion years. As for money, as you know, at the end of the 2018 season Miami set aside 1.5 mil for Richt to hire an OC. Money is there.

Advertisement
Why even care about the cost? I think all discussion of cost is a bargaining position smokescreen.

My issue is with discipline. I question Mario's focus on that.

For me... the coach that's going to be successful at the U is going to keep penalties to a minimum and is going get these kids to realize they don't know jack **** and rebuild them and all of their fundamentals from the ground up. You sure this up and then everything else will follow.

Any coach that comes to the U is going to have enough talent to win the coastal every single year. If the kids cant play fundamental football and shoot themselves in the foot multiple times every series then the scheme is pointless. There are no schemes that can overcome a total lack of discipline. Once we consistently win games that we out talent our opponents in, then recruiting will blow up and titles will be a reality again.
Cost is a factor when you dealing with business. I don’t think donors are looking at UM as their personal charity. There is a give and take. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. But you are not just going to flush money down the toilet either.

I think you are the only one making this argument against we have 1st round talent everywhere.

It seems you are erecting this straw man and then are pummeling your own creation looking for validation from others.

I am not making that case so why are you arguing against it? In fact I don't think anyone believes our roster is full of 1st round talent. They would be in need of anti-psychotics not anti- depressants.

You are saying the roster needs a TOTAL rebuild. I just highlighted the position groups we have that are solid. Never said there were potential 1st rounders in them. Maybe there are some, but not my point.

Tell me why you think other than lbs, and oline, the roster needs a TOTAL rebuild?
The DL needs a total overhaul are u serious? We have not one true dynamic stud WR............QB still a question we have no idea how Garcia or TVD will be. Our corners need an overhaul but thats on the way if TRob stays. The game is won in the trenches and if u agree OL needs an overhaul an overhaul takes like 3 years. So if we cant block anyone how could we succeed?

I was exaggerating on the first rounders I do that if u haven't been here awhile, I just think they over rate tf out of what we have. And NFL analytics proves that cause when our guys ghet to the league they have hit their ceiling. Even if they get coached up by the great Belichek they are stuck with who they were like Marcus Forston. Forston could of got to Saban and he was who he was. If u think the DL is solid then I cant argue with u cause everyone i nthey mom knows our DL is garbage.

Cost is a factor when you dealing with business. I don’t think donors are looking at UM as their personal charity. There is a give and take. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. But you are not just going to flush money down the toilet either.

Flushing money down the toilet is exactly what hiring another coach who damages the Miami brand is. Managing a brand is different than owning a business. Its more like running a forbes 500 corp. The bottom line in said year is rarely the deciding factor in which route you go. Any move at this point has to be considered an investment not to mention job security for the admin. Unless they get the coach that can turn things around they are toast as well.

Advertisement
Why even care about the cost? I think all discussion of cost is a bargaining position smokescreen.

My issue is with discipline. I question Mario's focus on that.

For me... the coach that's going to be successful at the U is going to keep penalties to a minimum and is going get these kids to realize they don't know jack **** and rebuild them and all of their fundamentals from the ground up. You sure this up and then everything else will follow.

Any coach that comes to the U is going to have enough talent to win the coastal every single year. If the kids cant play fundamental football and shoot themselves in the foot multiple times every series then the scheme is pointless. There are no schemes that can overcome a total lack of discipline. Once we consistently win games that we out talent our opponents in, then recruiting will blow up and titles will be a reality again.

In 40 years no coach has kept penalties down here.

Mario has to rebuild the entire roster, its decimated. I think fans think we have first rounders everywhere.
Yep there are a few nice building blocks but he would have to completely rebuild the OL and LB core. Also he would be bring a physical play that not sure some of the guys on the roster can handle.

Advertisement
In 40 years no coach has kept penalties down here.

Yeah... you may not have noticed but things have changed. We are not the type of team that has HOFers on the bench and with so much talent on the roster that we can overcome penalties like we could before.

And the larger point isnt the penalties themselves... playing with aggression is one thing but playing stupid is another. When you couple stupid penalties with the lack of basic fundamentals like tackling, blocking and catching then discipline is a giant ***** working its way up your ***. Some people might not even notice that... for some its a little more obvious.

Mario would be an improvement over Manny. The question is how big of an improvement... as of his last game, not enough of an improvement to warrant hiring him.
I had Mexican for lunch yesterday....bad Mexican what I left behind in the toilet would be a coaching improvement over Manny.

Joe Moorehead was out vs Stanford? That explains so much.

I saw Oregon vs OSU and was very impressed with the OC. The schemes and plays were great. I said to myself, wow Mario made a great hire at OC...this is what he needed. I expected Oregon to be a playoff team after that.

Then vs Stanford the offense looked like trash. I watched the game on mute so didn't realize the OC was out.

Dam that's kind of hard to hold that loss against Mario now. Losing your OC is not a little blow to absorb.
Also shows what the offense looks like under Mario.

Advertisement
Mario would bring in whoever he wanted, so it depends on his choice. He will hold UM AD over a barrel if there are negotiations.
We really talking Frank Ponce around here again?

fred armisen television GIF

Yep there are a few nice building blocks but he would have to completely rebuild the OL and LB core. Also he would be bring a physical play that not sure some of the guys on the roster can handle.
by the time he gets it going JW and LT are gone hopefully they are 3 and done type. The good 3 and done types.

From the original posted article: "I am concerned about the attendance at Autzen, because the entire athletic budget depends upon it."

If that was true at Hard Rock, our program would've collapsed decades ago.

Advertisement
The DL needs a total overhaul are u serious? We have not one true dynamic stud WR............QB still a question we have no idea how Garcia or TVD will be. Our corners need an overhaul but thats on the way if TRob stays. The game is won in the trenches and if u agree OL needs an overhaul an overhaul takes like 3 years. So if we cant block anyone how could we succeed?

I was exaggerating on the first rounders I do that if u haven't been here awhile, I just think they over rate tf out of what we have. And NFL analytics proves that cause when our guys ghet to the league they have hit their ceiling. Even if they get coached up by the great Belichek they are stuck with who they were like Marcus Forston. Forston could of got to Saban and he was who he was. If u think the DL is solid then I cant argue with u cause everyone i nthey mom knows our DL is garbage.
Don't care for exaggerations. You can never tell. You are fond of replying "facts" to certain posts. Exaggerations are the opposite of facts, just saying.

There are position groups that need rebuilding, no doubt. Facts. We can quibble over particulars.

You said the next coach would have a TOTAL rebuild on his hands. That is exaggeration.

Just reinforces what we all know: there are very few “perfect” coaches.

Notice they used the phrase “learning on the job”.
Not even a few, only Saban can be considered "perfect".

Next closest thing is Urban and he comes with guaranteed drama.

In my opinion, Oregon will never be in the NC conversation year after year regardless of who the HC is. Chip Kelly took them as far as they could go but didn't get them in a NC game.

Edit: I was wrong regarding being in NC games.
Oregon has played in two NC games since 2010.

2010-11 Against Auburn (L 22-19)
2014-15 Against OSU in the CFP Finals (L 42-20)

Yep, they played Auburn, and in the playoff. Their issue those years was their defense. Undersize.
Actually The 2010-11 Ducks had only 5 games where they gave up 20+ points on the season. It was a dog fight between them & Auburn, but Auburns def was just a tad more stout & Cam Newton was Superman willing his team to victory. Now the 2014-15 Ducks were just a track meet & they ran into Zeke & Jones.

Advertisement
Back