Article about Cristobal from Duck fan

Don't care for exaggerations. You can never tell. You are fond of replying "facts" to certain posts. Exaggerations are the opposite of facts, just saying.

There are position groups that need rebuilding, no doubt. Facts. We can quibble over particulars.

You said the next coach would have a TOTAL rebuild on his hands. That is exaggeration.
he aint winning year 1 i tell u that much

Advertisement
Flushing money down the toilet is exactly what hiring another coach who damages the Miami brand is. Managing a brand is different than owning a business. Its more like running a forbes 500 corp. The bottom line in said year is rarely the deciding factor in which route you go. Any move at this point has to be considered an investment not to mention job security for the admin. Unless they get the coach that can turn things around they are toast as well.
Brands and business are comparable imo. Show me a sh1tty brand and most likely you have sh1tty business.

The ones making business decisions at the U are apparently about medical and law buildings, not football.

If they knew anything about business, they'd realize having popular and successful sports programs drives increased enrollments in said academic programs.

Brands and business are comparable imo. Show me a sh1tty brand and most likely you have sh1tty business.

The ones making business decisions at the U are apparently about medical and law buildings, not football.

If they knew anything about business, they'd realize having popular and successful sports programs drives increased enrollments in said academic programs.
Not sure that applies to med school enrollment lol

Advertisement
So med students are not fans too?
not sure you know how it works. kids Normally aren’t accepted into 20 diff programs. It’s Uber competitive to get into one. They’re not deciding based on football.

not sure you know how it works. kids Normally aren’t accepted into 20 diff programs. It’s Uber competitive to get into one. They’re not deciding based on football.
Maybe football isn't the only factor but if you look at Alabama's post graduate enrollment as an example they have seen a 17% improvement in 2020 over prior years. You can Google that info.

These are not just excited high school fans going to their favorite team's school. They are making professional decisions at that level.

Maybe football isn't the only factor but if you look at Alabama's post graduate enrollment as an example they have seen a 17% improvement in 2020 over prior years. You can Google that info.

These are not just excited high school fans going to their favorite team's school. They are making professional decisions at that level.
Again that may work for other schools not med school. There are only 100-120 seats in average. Trust me they’re not sitting here saying you know miami football sucks fuvk That. Most are thrilled if theyre going to med school in America

pretty sure Oregon should have won that natty. That was before instant replay and their was a long Auburn TD run that was really only a 10 yard gain or something like that because his knee was down.

Advertisement
Again that may work for other schools not med school. There are only 100-120 seats in average. Trust me they’re not sitting here saying you know miami football sucks fuvk That. Most are thrilled if theyre going to med school in America
I am not exactly saying you should be banking on football to increase med school numbers. I think it has to more to with overall school culture and climate that surrounds a successful nationally recognized sports program and the excitement that surrounds that being a tipping point for some, all things being equal. Getting one guy into med school because he was a Miami fan in the 80’s will not make a difference but perhaps a philanthropist mega donor who is an avid football guy might.

I am not exactly saying you should be banking on football to increase med school numbers. I think it has to more to with overall school culture and climate that surrounds a successful nationally recognized sports program and the excitement that surrounds that being a tipping point for some, all things being equal. Getting one guy into med school because he was a Miami fan in the 80’s will not make a difference but perhaps a philanthropist mega donor who is an avid football guy might.
If the med school were near the undergrad then I’d agree. they’re basically two different entities w two different campus life. Miller is pretty insulated in their own world and more so since theyre in downtown

Advertisement
Ya'll need to understand there are no guaranteed sure thing coaches coming here. If Mario comes here, he will definitely need a few years to get this program in shape and this fanbase will need to learn patience. I for one would be willing to give Mario more patience than I am willing to give Manny. Give him four years and this program will be in great shape, trust me. But if we freak out in year 3 because Mario doesn't have us in the Playoff, we'll just keep doing this over and over again. At some point we need to let one of these dudes finish out their time here the way Butch needed more time and then finally got it right. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Back