Article about Cristobal from Duck fan

He will never be at the peak with the schemes he runs. If he is willing to adapt and bring in coordinators with fresh ideas and not be a stubborn fool (see Miami coaching history) he could be successful at the highest level due to his recruiting

Advertisement
He should come to Miami. Fans here would never disrespect the guy like that.

In all seriousness I would love to have Mario as long as he brought a little more offense with him. I like his old school mentality and culture, but without a modern offense, you are prone to losses like he took Saturday. As long as your defense is competent and your talent is superior (especially with his O line play) he would easily win 9 games here every year.

Honestly i can see Oregon with that bad QB play losing maybe two more and Mario actually being on the hot seat, Fingers crossed he gets caned and we can maybe grab him or something

Advertisement
Mario reminds me of Butch in good and bad ways.

As for Oregon, I understand why they are still longing for the Chip Kelly days. That was lightning in a bottle. But the truth is Mario has greatly improved the program. Helfrich was 4-8, Willie was 7-6. Mario took them to 9-4 right away and won the conference the next two years (including one Top 5 finish and Rose Bowl win). They are #8 right now and the roster is loaded.

Rick James GIF

Come home mario

Advertisement

Couldn't agree more. He's not the talent evaluator Butch was, but makes up for that with his recruiting abilities.

I don't think he's a perfect coach either, honestly nobody gets it right all the time, but I also don't believe anyone else could attract more talent to Coral Gables. Mario, with the right coordinators, could have our program competing for the acc championship yearly, as he does with the PAC-12 championship.

And, a combination of Gino, Alonzo, and Mario could fix alot of issues at this school.

Advertisement

As for Oregon, I understand why they are still longing for the Chip Kelly days. That was lightning in a bottle. But the truth is Mario has greatly improved the program. Helfrich was 4-8, Willie was 7-6. Mario took them to 9-4 right away and won the conference the next two years (including one Top 5 finish and Rose Bowl win). They are #8 right now and the roster is loaded.
Oregon has a ceiling, chip Kelly reached it.

Advertisement
Mario would be an improvement over Manny. The question is how big of an improvement... as of his last game, not enough of an improvement to warrant hiring him.

Advertisement
Back