2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

FSU 247 site already trying to plant the “we need to do a better job recruiting him” seed to imply they might not be as hot after him. I couldn’t care less if they are or are not honestly. DL with his profile have a pretty good success rate and I hope that we are going all out for this kid. He is the epitome of country strong and I don’t think we have signed a DT like him in quite some time. Even as a top 200 kid, I feel he is underrated.
Spot on

I remember seeing a picture of him early on and being like “yep that’s what we need”. Didn’t even see the highlight tape

Advertisement
FSU 247 site already trying to plant the “we need to do a better job recruiting him” seed to imply they might not be as hot after him. I couldn’t care less if they are or are not honestly. DL with his profile have a pretty good success rate and I hope that we are going all out for this kid. He is the epitome of country strong and I don’t think we have signed a DT like him in quite some time. Even as a top 200 kid, I feel he is underrated.
The ole not a take lol.

Panhandle produces a lot of excellent defensive linemen.

He been say his dad is a cane fan or something such. I never got the impression he was even much high on FSU tbh. I could be wrong but i remember checking out most of the DT's we were on early. If we get Scott, Breland, this guy and Franklin as inside guys. Boys, we byke. We gonna get edge rushers. These boys are the jewels as they are hard to find.

Advertisement
I consider this kid a WHALE. I just saw the film and he is the OL SKOOL came lineman. He’s playing T, TE and DT. The versatility is through the f’ing ROOF. He has cat like quickness and very nimble on his feet. I would have been made this kid a priority. Not saying they didn’t, but he would be high on my board. **** I only watched like 5-6 plays on his HUDL.

Advertisement
Man catch like a WR, even bubble screens they throwing to him. He is a top 247 guy but u can say he is actually underrated tbh. Btw he has only taken an OV to UCF and now to us.
The versatility reminds me of SAPP. Who was recruited as a TE. I know we don’t compare them to HOF’ERS. I’m just saying this dude’s athleticism is off the charts.

He been say his dad is a cane fan or something such. I never got the impression he was even much high on FSU tbh. I could be wrong but i remember checking out most of the DT's we were on early. If we get Scott, Breland, this guy and Franklin as inside guys. Boys, we byke. We gonna get edge rushers. These boys are the jewels as they are hard to find.
Facts but Franklin could be a Strong side D end with his burst.

Advertisement
Screenshot_2023-06-25-16-54-57-505.jpg

Want this kid and Justin Scott so dang much. I want to turn the DL from a finesse, upfield avoid contact DL into a big, strong, athletic DL. I want my DT’s to be able to take a gap and a half, use a long arm and crush a Run gap with an OL on him. I want my DE’s to be able to spill the run with power, yet still retrace and run down a QB-read.

Give me a DL like that to go along with what you know they’ll do at OL and that’s when you change the narrative on what it’s like to play Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back